Sleeping Music

ellimist337

Sep 30, 2008
What songs do you like to listen to, if any, when you're trying to fall asleep? I actually have a playlist specifically for this that has songs such as Mad World by Gary Jules and Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. What winds you down and helps you sleep?

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
One of my favorites to fall asleep to (and has been for many years) is Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works Volume 2, either CD. Such a fantastic set of ambient tracks.

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
Goodbye Sky Harbor by Jimmy Eat World always sooothes and puts me to sleep

its one hell of a long song too so its a good song for bed

errorfied

May 11, 2008
The cd that came with my "I can make you sleep" book by Paul Mckenna.

It's weird as could be, but seems to have some sort of soporific effect.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
runtheplacered said:
One of my favorites to fall asleep to (and has been for many years) is Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works Volume 2, either CD. Such a fantastic set of ambient tracks.
Second on Aphex Twin, but also Prefuse 73 does it well for me.

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
JinxyKatte said:
But lately I just have an ep of south park on in the background.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I can't sleep without sound, so I'll just turn on my laptop, put in south park, and let it play through.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Instrumental stuff.

Like, the last 6-7 tracks from the Total Annihilation soundtrack.

Everything from "Stealth" to "Blood of the Machines," because they're so slow and ambient.

HydraZulu

Oct 6, 2008
Lately i've become addicted to Drunk and Disorderly, so i guess you could count that considering i listen to them day and night (i loop their albums), but (and this is a plug for my favorite artist) 18 by Moby is very nice and calming. Quite a few songs by Moby are good for relaxing. The last few songs on his latest album, a couple on Everything is Wrong, every 3rd song or so in his album 18, and others.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Faunts. I discovered them because I played Mass Effect (listen to the song during the credits) and I downloaded their album. It's put me to sleep pretty well and it's unique stuff. I recommend it.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Valiance said:
Instrumental stuff.

Like, the last 6-7 tracks from the Total Annihilation soundtrack.

Everything from "Stealth" to "Blood of the Machines," because they're so slow and ambient.
Second, I fall asleep fast to smooth instrumental songs.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I can fall asleep to most things. Luna by the Smashing Pumpkins come to mind though.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
I can't fall asleep well if something is on in the background.. TV especially seeing as the constant strobe lighting. When I sleep with the tv on I don't sleep as well without it on.