Sleeping Music

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
Most post-rock stuff

Amiina, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, A Silver Mount Zion, Mum and Godspeed you! Black emporer are all great chilled out music.

blindey

Dec 30, 2008
Vivali or Mozart on low in the background for a little bit, then I turn it off when I'm about to fall asleep. But a lot of times...I don't really listen to anything, save for the beautiful silence of the night (hopefully...unless my roommate is blaring his crappy rap music full volume...)

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
berethond said:
I like to listen to silence when i sleep. It helps me sleep better.
This.
I can't sleep when I have music playing, not unless I am complete and utter exhausted.

Siuss

Nov 3, 2008
Wednesday 13 or Murderdolls, for the dreaming.

Honestly I can't sleep, I'm narcoleptic, so until I drug myself good and up I don't sleep.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
You may be right - Billy Joel

More than a feeling - Boston

Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen

Fortunate Son - CCR

Rebel Rouser - Duane Eddy

Teenage Wasteland - The Who

and many songs like those

speedcoreXdandy

Nov 4, 2008
I like to fall asleep to Clara Rockmore, Music For 18 Musicians by Steve Reich or more recenelty Phaedra by Tangerine dream, I love that album so much, I love the lack of any sort of beat which makes it so spacey and relaxing.

Wolf Blade

Apr 8, 2008
Gershwin's Prelude 2 "Blue Lullaby" Is one of my favourites. Or just turning on the classical music radio station usually does it.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
Most tracks from the Shadow of the Colossus OST work nicely.

If that fails, then Nightwish's pre-newshittysinger stuff.

MissShortosity

Dec 11, 2008
darthzew said:
Faunts. I discovered them because I played Mass Effect (listen to the song during the credits) and I downloaded their album. It's put me to sleep pretty well and it's unique stuff. I recommend it.
Faunts= great sleep music. Damien Rice's stuff is also quite relaxing. I personally can't listen to music when i sleep, but if I did that would be what I listened to.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Listen to some of Erik Satie's piano music. Very relaxing.

Though I used to use Master of Puppets by Metallica to get me to sleep (don't ask why, it just worked).

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
serenity by godsmack, my life be like by grits, forget myself by elbow,overkill by colin hay, and the godfather theme are all good ones

jzmn

Jan 22, 2009
'Minimal techno' is a good tag to look for. Trentemoller is tops when it comes to that.

Mr_Cynical

Dec 3, 2007
RebelRising said:
Brian Eno---Discreet Music

Sigur Ros---Svefn-G-Englar

Philip Glass---Koyaanisqatsi
Good shout on Sigur Ros.

I like Snow Patrol - Final Straw, anything by VAST and an oldie but goldie, Tubular Bells.

That being said, since I moved in with my girlfriend, I've stopped leaving music on overnight, cos she gets all freaked out if she wakes up in the middle of the night, meaning I get woken up in the middle of the night, which is NEVER a good thing!

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
I can sleep to just about anything, but I'm particularly fond of The Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack. Some newer King Crimson can be good, too.

If I have to FORCE myself to go to sleep, it's either Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire 3, or the Akira soundtrack.

Dilla

Jan 21, 2009
The End theme to Man on Fire, by Harry Gregson-Williams. It's such a calming piece of music for me.