Slippery Substance Will End the Ketchup Conundrum

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So you telling me that they got nothing better to do then to solve this problem? What happen, did the world leaders mention this to be a major problem or something? Ok yes I can see this substance being used elsewhere (no sex joke) but still.

Jul 9, 2008
Delsana said:
In any case... this is another case of money going to things that don't need it.
No, read the rest of the article. This is actually insanely useful, Tito was just being facetious about the ketchup.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I think that lube is a much nobler cause than getting tomato sauce out of a bottle. What? do I look like an American? Ketchup? Pfft.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Monshroud said:
Didn't Aperture Science already invent this? I think it was called Propulsion Gel... =)
No, I think this wins. This is more like they mixed propulsion and repulsion gels. This stuff literally evacuates the bottle of contents for you.

I think I can safely say without hyperbole that this is by far the best possible use for this technology. It's not going to be lining pipes so that clogs are less frequent, or as a waterproofing material, or even cleaning fishbowls. That I might finally be able to get that last dash of mustard, ketchup, and steak sauce from the bottle, and onto my sandwiches, now that is a monumental advancement in society.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Humanity's ability to constantly innovate and push the boundaries of knowledge never ceases to amaze... and, best slip and slide EVER!

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Delsana said:
I don't even like Ketchup... actually I quite abhor it is as it has an AWFUL texture.

In any case... this is another case of money going to things that don't need it.
Um, you do realize that a material that reduces friction that well can potentially have billions of dollars worth of industrial applications, right?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
All kidding aside, this would probably be a most dangerous improvement to ballistic applications.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
DasDestroyer said:
Davidm4 said:
DasDestroyer said:
This is the mankind's single greatest invention. There is literally NOTHING in existence more use useful than this.
*Sarcasm Detector explodes*

What is the Ketchup Conundrum? Ketchup or Catsup
What is this cat soup you speak of?
Well, we could always just negate the argument and use ketjap instead.

Of course, unlike the other two, ketjap doesn't involve anything even remotely resembling a tomato. XD