"Smart Match" Smartly Matches You Against Other Xbox One Gamers

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
I like this feature. The thing that drives me away from every multiplayer game is kids on your team who shoot you on the back because you got "their" vehicle or weapon of choice. I always report this mofos and other people do too, so reputatioon can go a long way in making the experience enjoyable to diferent players.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Rep-based systems for matchmaking are a really bad idea. People mark you simply for doing better than them or because they don't like your playstyle. My negative rep on XBL is 60% trash talking, though I don't use a mic when not playing with friends in parties. The rest is "unsporting," and I'm not really sure how I'm being unsporting.

Well, in a couple cases, I'm not surprised. A couple of people have frustrated me to the point I've screwed with them, but you can count those on one hand.

Shamanic Rhythm said:
Steven Bogos said:
uses advanced algorithms to pair players based on skill, language, and now reputation.
When you say 'language', do you mean it pairs people who speak in the same tongue or it pairs people based on the kind of obscenities they spew over their headset mic?

Because if it is the latter, this is the first good thing I have heard about the Xbone.
It's almost certainly the former.

flaviok79 said:
I like this feature. The thing that drives me away from every multiplayer game is kids on your team who shoot you on the back because you got "their" vehicle or weapon of choice. I always report this mofos and other people do too, so reputatioon can go a long way in making the experience enjoyable to diferent players.
Sounds great, unless those same kids start reporting you for taking "their" weapon or vehicle and you're hindered by it.

I'm curious as to what your rep is. Mine dropped from over 90% to 77% positive or neutral just by playing Black Ops 2. One of my friends has it worse, though his big crime is daring to snipe with a sniper rifle. 70% NEGATIVE. A lot of his is listed as "trash talk," too, though he almost always plays in parties with friends.

Now, consider rep is pretty meaningless now. What are people going to do when they can actively screw with your ability to play?

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
hmm oh cool, let's try this

*pushes button

>_>

it says that I don't 'match' with Xbox One

*abandon sale