Snap Response - Wallpaper and why

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Pretty simple. Post your desktop wallpaper and explain why. :)

Every computer I own has a starship of some description as its background with one exception: I have a computer purely for film editing and it has a film set background. I am a space hardware junkie. This is the third time I've revived this netbook with a new Linux installation. I hadn't done Star Trek yet so there you go. o:

Your turn! :D

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Why? Because: Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games, and the redheaded ranch girls in the Zelda universe are always awesome, especially the eccentric bow-wielding one that recruits you to fight aliens.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009

Why? Well, I like anime and manga, I like the color blue, and I like Ikka Musume.

Sep 9, 2007

It's fan art of a game I backed on Kickstarter. Basically, its the kind of thing the artist would like to see crop up in the late game, as a challenge to the players that have well set towns hidden behind big walls.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm a huge fan of the 1984 original series, back when they all wore red bandannas, and actually drew blood with their weapons. Initially, my first experience with the Turtles was the 1990 movie on VHS, but my school library happened to have copies of the source material. It was gritty and not for kids, but a great read. Still is.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010

This one most likely came from my "post-apocalyptic wallpaper" search a few months back. I think it looks cool, but I have a lot more just in the post-apocalyptic category. Like the one with a guy celebrating Christmas during it.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I like riding motorcycles and enjoy the solitude of empty backroads hence this one.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
[img /]http://i.imgur.com/J2Y6A4L.jpg[/img]
Because....umm....I like Dark Souls?

Usually my wallpaper is whatever I'm interested in lately. I rarely keep one for longer than a month or two.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States

I love the dark, bleak feel that it gives off

Teeth are always cool for an album cover!

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010

My wallpapers tend to be inspired by recent google image searches. My FF14 group was discussing this fine 'lady' for... reasons.

X rated reasons.

In any case, there it is.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010

I love Nurarihyon no Mago, and Rikuo is all kinds of bad ass in his Night form. As for the resolution, My current monitor is 4:3 Aspect ratio, rather than 16:9, but it's also massive, so it balances out. The small size is due to it being the only size I could find the image in.

Edit: Nevermind the Imagehost resized it to tiny, when I specifically used the don't resize option. Damnit.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009

It's from one of my favorite manga's and it's probably the first wallpaper from this series that i liked enough to put on my desktop.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
One of my favorite GG characters, which is pretty much the reason why I have this as wallpaper for over half a year now.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My is still this (seriously this is the same wallpaper I had embeded in the last wallpaper thread!)-

When it come to wallpaper on my pc, I had a set of requirements-

It usually got to be related to what I liked.
The background image got to be dark colours or at least my icon can be seen clearly.
There got to be little to none stuff going on the left side of the image (where my icon resides)
The overall image better not be too detail.

Overall that wallpaper has met my requirement but in saying so I do want to get a new wallpaper but finding one with the above requirement is kinda hard especially if it's a specific anime that I liked.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I have this as my wallpaper right now:

Basically, it's just a nice view of life by someone who left it far too young.

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015

I beat EVE Online a couple years back, although I have to fight the urge every now and then. I used to fly a Manticore often and in the Inferno release they redid the model to give it a unique sexy look compared to the T1 chassis it was based on.

Good times.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008

Because, Futarama that's why.

As for the Rainmeter stuff, well I like to know what's happening with my rig.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011

That's what I'm currently using, though I may change it soon to another MH4U themed one.
As for why, because it's an easy contender for my GOTY and I've yet to slow down playing it.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom

I just really like Transistor.
I could also probably remove all those game shortcuts.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah.