-snip-

sa1ntjames

Dec 7, 2007
i have many epic gaming moments, mostly from CoD2...
-one time in a Carentan 24/7 Rifles server, i got about 40 kills in a row w/o dying, it was ridiculously awesome, since after u get above like 18 kills on that server, there is a voice that says "HOLY SHIT!" to let everyone know u are owning the place, so it was doing that for several minutes. i had about 5 ppl spectating me that game, all saying i was hacking, it was awesome, i finished like 247-60 or something, got a screenshot somewhere...

-once started a match on that same server with a score of 180-19 or something, man ppl were pissed, one guy even said he was gonna join the clan that runs the server just so he could get me banned! priceless

-one match i decided to do only melee attacks while everyone else was shooting...nothing was funnier than that, weaving in and out and shitting on their whole team, it was awesome, i went like 150-70 or something doing only melee...im pretty sure that was still tops on the server, hacker accusations were flying again...

i have so many from CoD2, one that i liked from another game was playing Rock You Like A Hurricane from GH3 with the guitar behind my head and doing pretty well...granted the difficulty was only on medium but still...it was cool :)

and epic failure...Through the Fire and the Flames on expert...1% completed WOOHOO :)

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
the 2 most recent ones i remember (for halo3 anyways)

getting a 20-22 kill streak in a FFA match and in the same life getting 10 splatters without dying

the other match my friend and i were driving in a warthog it gets flipped over and i get shot out and hide through a nearby doorway as the last of 4 enemies runs by (players) i jump out and kill one, steal regenerator off his corpse put it down, kill their guy who had a sniper rifle, the next one comes in to the regenerator and i kill him, the last guy has a shotgun and i somehow manage to beat him down for the last kill of the match

wow i feel like i have no life for remembering that :\

Social Pariah

Nov 23, 2007
Two moments from FEAR spring to mind first.

Firstly, having a firefight with a guy across a second level of a room with railings all around, ducking and dodging behind pillars only to run straight in to him, shotgunning the guy full in the chest ripping him in two, and having his torso, still firing bullets, wildly spinning down to the level below and smacking the floor with a wet thud, also it was just great to see the guys legs sprawled on one level and his torso lying in line with it on the floor some meters below.

Secondly, on the rooftop insertion bit, leaping over a banister down to the door in to the building, three enemies down there, one directly underneath, one to the side and one straight behind, I bullet timed, shotgunned the guy beneath me, then the side and span round and got the other before the first guys body had hit the floor, then time returned to normal and all the body thuds and bullet casing clattering all happened at once. Twas quite enjoyable I'd say...

noxymoron

Feb 11, 2008
I don't know if many of you played Tribes 2, but I had my favorite map, called Katabatic.
It was a big snowy map, ctf, with a base at either end. I was working on defense, trying to set up a sensor array, and turrets, when some speedy light armor guy swoops in and nabs my flag. He was too quick for any turrets to track him, and since I was in the basement of my fort, I couldn't do much. Don't even ask what my teammates were up to, probably skiing the fresh powder of the nearby mountains. As I emerged from my base, all I could see was a little red radar indicator flying way up high. Frustrated, I switched to spinfuser, and launched a blue frisbee in his general direction. He floated up, then down, then up, then boom, about 8 seconds later, the red icon blinks out and the flag drops. I quickly grabbed a grav cycle and jetted over there. Our flag was at the enemy turret, which is the equivalent of sniping someone across the map in BF2. "WTF?" he asked, and refused to believe the disk came from that far away. It's the one instance of knowing what it feels like to hit a 2 meter target without using a targeting computer.

teh_snakerer

Jan 11, 2008
noxymoron said:
I don't know if many of you played Tribes 2, but I had my favorite map, called Katabatic.
It was a big snowy map, ctf, with a base at either end. I was working on defense, trying to set up a sensor array, and turrets, when some speedy light armor guy swoops in and nabs my flag. He was too quick for any turrets to track him, and since I was in the basement of my fort, I couldn't do much. Don't even ask what my teammates were up to, probably skiing the fresh powder of the nearby mountains. As I emerged from my base, all I could see was a little red radar indicator flying way up high. Frustrated, I switched to spinfuser, and launched a blue frisbee in his general direction. He floated up, then down, then up, then boom, about 8 seconds later, the red icon blinks out and the flag drops. I quickly grabbed a grav cycle and jetted over there. Our flag was at the enemy turret, which is the equivalent of sniping someone across the map in BF2. "WTF?" he asked, and refused to believe the disk came from that far away. It's the one instance of knowing what it feels like to hit a 2 meter target without using a targeting computer.
ah i loved tribes 2, I'd still be playing now if i could get the update for it that never lets me download, tribes 3 wasn't all that good though.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
I beat my flatmate at tekken 5 one handed (using each hand for successive fights) and then one footed.

She refuses to play against me any more :D

Also, the first time I beat Half-Life. When I was playing the game my computer would continually fail when I was 90% finished. As soon as i got to Xan (xen?) my computer would uber-crash, and the hard drive would need to be formatted. I played through the game four times before finally beating the crazy baby thing at the end.

Also, getting to the end of serious sam feels pretty epic too. Especially the final arena before the last boss. Here's a million bulls, skeletons, mechs and bombheads. Kill them all! :D

Spartanspork

Jan 26, 2008
I was in a shotty snipers match on Valhalla and i threw a plasma into a man cannon and then i jump in get two head shots on people in the other base, and then i realize that my plasma had stuck to a near dead warthog with a full team in it so i got 5 kills within four seconds of each other ( i completely forget what that is)=). it felt pretty good.

Mr. Bubbles

Sep 27, 2007
-Halo 3. Custom match (system link, mind you)on Sandtrap. The other team has lined up on the top of that tall wwall of sand that leads into the mines. They were taking advantage of the rockets, lasers, and snipers up there. I found the invisibility and snuck over to the side. I picked up one of the sniper rifles (it was closest) when when saw me. I blind fired and killed their entire team. No one on the other team would talk to me thye rest of the night.

-In Shivering Isles, I took on 31 Knights of Order at once by myself, with no summons. Yes, I'm sure. I counted the corpses. The difficulty slider was about 75% up.

-Getting 5 stars on Expert for the first time in Guitar Hero.

-Using the Scout's shotgun to kill half of the enemy team. It was on Hydro, and I waited in the vents until they all passed and them I hopped down and started shooting. I got 2 Pyros, a Heavy, an Engineer, 3 Soldiers, and a Demoman. I was nearly dead, but I managed to get away, pick up a health pickup and run back to beat their Medic to death before dying. I had to switch classes after that because all the ones I killed went Scout or Spy to kill me. That led to a 7 Sentry kill streak and 4 dead Spies littering the ground around my Dispenser. We won right after that. I was dominating half of their team. It was brilliant.

Baroque

Feb 10, 2008
Haliwali said:
Baroque said:
In Half Life 2 when Alyx father is in a Pod and She talks to him through the glass window, omg that sceen almost made me cry.
Um, wrong thread. Go to the Last time you cried/teared up
So you meen like Greatest. when i defeated the sandbox in Twilight Princess

sapient

Jan 23, 2008
1v4 on the bridge in 2Fort as a demoman, took out three soldiers and a heavy with some well placed stickybombs. Coincidentally, a random sticky I had planted somewhere in our base also blew up the Scout that currently had our intel.

Pro.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Baroque said:
Haliwali said:
Baroque said:
In Half Life 2 when Alyx father is in a Pod and She talks to him through the glass window, omg that sceen almost made me cry.
Um, wrong thread. Go to the Last time you cried/teared up
So you meen like Greatest. when i defeated the sandbox in Twilight Princess
Yea... I guess so.

monodiabloloco

May 15, 2007
Old school: Going all the way to the final fight in the NES wizardry with the TV only turned on when I knew i was in a fight.. then back off to navigate blind again.
Beating my friend at Street Fighter II at the arcade blindfolded. (that won me $10) then beating about 27-28 more people including the guy who ran the arcade in a row without a single round being lost using Dhalsim. I didn't even lose then. I had to leave, so I just walked off and let the last kid I beat take the game in my place.
Also, tho not a game but a sport, I won a kickboxing match after being knocked out myself. The guy had tagged me right on the button with a nasty right hook, I went down and don't really remember what happened next. I saw the tape from my coach as I got back up, back into stance, then got the most insanely lucky straight right dead into the guys chin. He went down and I just sort of stood there wobbling a bit with my hands up until he was counted out. All I remember to this day is looking at the lights fade out, then seeing my coach, realizing that i was sitting on my stool. I didn't know I had won until they told me to go stand by the ref for the decision announcement.
as a side note to that.. the next time I fought that guy.. about 6 months later.. he beat the holy pi$$ out of me and got me on points but left me looking a bit like Sloth from the goonies.

monodiabloloco

May 15, 2007
Oh, and posting for my fiance. She beat Guitar Hero 1-3 and 80s on expert getting five stars on several of the songs and 4 stars on most of the others.
I can barely beat medium...
.. and who says that girls don't play games? Not me, man.. not me..

Nov 28, 2007
I've beaten every song but one, including bonus songs, on both Guitar Hero and GH2 (CfH on the first one and Jordan on GH2 left) and beat every song on 80's, all on Expert. Haven't gotten GH3 yet, but I can beat One and Number of the Beast on Expert.

On-topic, getting ranking #347 (at the time, which was around Thanksgiving) on the GH2 leaderboards for Mother.

Muimdac13

Feb 10, 2008
Back when Goldeneye for the N64 was fun. If anyone out there is bummed about this not making it to XB live arcade, don't be there is no reason to play this game today.

I had taken dominating lead over my 3 friends in a death match at the facility with the grenade launcher weapon set, to the point where they decided to all team up on me. The three caught me in a hallway and gunned me down. I re-spawned at the back of the level far away from all of them, so they all took the opportunity to load up on weapons and armor and then hunkered themselves down in the bathroom to wait for me. Since they were all hiding I loaded myself up with ammo for the magnum. I then waltzed up to the bathroom door opened and closed the door quickly while backing away to avoid the grenade blast damage, since they shot as soon as the door opened, then quickly with ran forward again and opened the door while shooting through it with the magnum, which killed the one standing in front of the door, running in with explosions in two areas of the bathroom I took a little bit of damage from each side while running around in the smoke shooting in all the stalls I killed another. With the other two dead the last one ran out of the bath room in hope to pick up some body armor but I chased him down the stairs and fired down to the end of the hallway killing him just as he was turning the corner.

It was loads of fun, but as you can imagine they were all rather pissed and continued to gang up on me for the rest of the day.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Mr. Bubbles said:
-Halo 3. Custom match (system link, mind you)on Sandtrap. The other team has lined up on the top of that tall wwall of sand that leads into the mines. They were taking advantage of the rockets, lasers, and snipers up there. I found the invisibility and snuck over to the side. I picked up one of the sniper rifles (it was closest) when when saw me. I blind fired and killed their entire team. No one on the other team would talk to me thye rest of the night.

In one shot? Daaaaaaaamn...