Sniper Elite Now Chock Full O'Zombies

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Hell, its looks like fun and its only a tenner even lower if you catch in a sale

I'd probably buy it as long as it has some decent rifles to use and not just force me into shotguns and AR's all the time

Bindal

May 14, 2012
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
Bindal said:
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
Looks like the picking enemies of one by one from far away silently, timing your shots with artillery fire, and all the other things i enjoyed about the Sniper Elite series, has now been replaced by boring, generic Nazi Zombies, oh joy.
How can something be generic when it has only been done twice in game so far?
Zombies and Nazis are both really generic videogame enemies, together, they become super generic.
So generic that only CoD them in two cases...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Bindal said:
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
Bindal said:
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
Looks like the picking enemies of one by one from far away silently, timing your shots with artillery fire, and all the other things i enjoyed about the Sniper Elite series, has now been replaced by boring, generic Nazi Zombies, oh joy.
How can something be generic when it has only been done twice in game so far?
Zombies and Nazis are both really generic videogame enemies, together, they become super generic.
So generic that only CoD them in two cases...
Well, there was an old turn based strategy game that had Nazi zombies. And werewolves. And vampires.

Hitler was a Archmage and summoned a fucking dragon for the final boss fight.

Phoenix8541

No Regrets
Sep 10, 2012
This is a Steam release aim toward a trending marketplace. The reality is that with the change in gaming industry from dedicated "gamers" to the multitudes of casual players has alter the content of the industry as a whole. It is not as if releases such as this are the only ones on the market, you have choice and then some. The market will always influence and in many cases dictate what is produced. No one will argue that things have a feeling repetitiveness, largly due to overstimulation from multiple entertainment sources not including games. In my opinion titles like this one being mentioned are focused on intrest from a large fan base within the "Zombie" genera. Much like the movie industry pumps out endless repeats or remakes etc... No one is going to stop as long as their is a fan base willing to pay for it. One may not enjoy Horror flicks, yet that dosnt mean it should be judge on its content based solely on an emotion reaction to a personal like or dislike qualification. Basically said if the title sucks than it sucks, because of poor quality, bad gameplay, storyline etc... Let those who love the genera support it and if you don't like it don't support it. No need to trash on a gamers likes or dislikes outside of actual game content. Because we can all agree that no matter what we all like to play their are some really bad apples out there and the focus to keep the industry striving to produce better games is in everyone's best interest.

Durrsly

Feb 13, 2013
Bindal said:
mad825 said:
Ugh,for the love of god can't we just get over zombies and Nazis? Ffs.
Together, we only were shooting them three times in 2008 (with a re-release late 2011) and once in 2010... that combination is hardly overused.
Wolfenstein 3d in 1992 gave us Nazi ZOmbies with guns popping out of thier chest.