Sniper Update Coming For TF2

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Almost Famous said:
I can see it now, two teams full of snipers neither moving forward, just sitting there getting headshots until the time runs out.
Pumpkin_Eater said:
Well I'll be dropping out of the game for a few weeks when this abomination hits.
The Inconsistant Cookie said:
NOOOOOOOOO.
I get headshot enough without THIS happening.
Oh well, I'll just play another game until this disaster zone clears up.
Seriously, go play spys. Think of all the backs facing the other way, with eyes in sniper scope, probably all trying to hump eachotehr for the best spot... Hilarity will most likely ensue.

I'm very much looking forward to this update, don't really play sniper much, but can be good giggles when you do. I'd hope for some kind of Auto-snipe (no charge shot, headshots reduced damage, but 5 bullet clip or something) a boomerang (melee, if no one in melee range, throw and stun someone, but if you stun them, then you have no melee weapon...) Not sure what he could have instead of his machine gun tho :/

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
WolfLordAndy said:
Almost Famous said:
I can see it now, two teams full of snipers neither moving forward, just sitting there getting headshots until the time runs out.
Pumpkin_Eater said:
Well I'll be dropping out of the game for a few weeks when this abomination hits.
The Inconsistant Cookie said:
NOOOOOOOOO.
I get headshot enough without THIS happening.
Oh well, I'll just play another game until this disaster zone clears up.
Seriously, go play spys. Think of all the backs facing the other way, with eyes in sniper scope, probably all trying to hump eachotehr for the best spot... Hilarity will most likely ensue.
Plus, if you disguise as a Sniper, everyone will be playing that class so there is even less chance of running into the person you're disguised as (it does come up with the name when you look at a team-mate on the PC too, right? If not, I just made myself look very silly).

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Well that's all very good, but what happened to the "Meet The..." videos? I want to see the last 3! There's been nothing there since The Sniper - Sandvich doesn't count because (s)he isn't a playable character - and that was a good 6 or 7 months ago...

I know it changes nothing in the actual game, but they're fun to watch.

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
DRADIS C0ntact said:
I don't play this game much anymore, but once they release the engineer update I'll be back.
You do know there was a SLIGHT engie update a couple months back?
The dispenser and teleporters are upgradable now, level two and level three dispensers deliver 50 and 60 metal per go, respectively, heal much faster, and take more damage, and level two and three teleporters recharge 2x and 3x as fast and take more damage.
No new toys, but it's certainly changed the play mechanics of the engie a fair bit. Do I build a dispenser up all the way before making a gun, or do I build up a level one sentry to cover me while I build my my dispenser, or do I build the gun all the way and use the dispenser as support?
Yeah I played around with it when they released the partial engie update, but it really wasn't enough to spark my interest into playing more often. Once they get some engie specific achievements and weapon unlocks I'll probably start playing the game more.

B0BX

Dec 24, 2008
The first week this comes out, no one will be able to take five steps from all the snipers that will have filled up the servers.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
Also, the new sniper weapons will just be new 'point-and-click' commands. In addition to the already popular 'use gun on man' you'll also have 'ask medic for hand-job' and 'grab beer from engineer'. big whoop!
'Take sandwich from heavy'
'Stab spy'...oh wait, we have that one already.
'Sleep in corpse of water buffalo'

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Strong Intelligent said:
Awwww.

I'd prefer a Spy Pack.

Also, A semi-automatic Sniper would be good.
The sniper rifle was specifically designed NOT to be semi-automatic because they didn't want it to be another CounterStrike 'Lol, I hop and shoot headshots for the epic win, lolz!'

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
Yo screw xbox I want my patch(which is ready for pc) now...

2 fort is gonna be painful to play. But seeing how I usually play spy it may be fun?

G-Wave

Apr 4, 2009
Demoman looks to be the next update after the sniper. I almost know that solder will be last because its supposed to be a "all around" good class.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Erana said:
How do you snipe with a mouse?
Its horrible for me.
Drink 2 cans Red Bull, 4 double Raki's and a bottle of Lucozade, take mouse,twitch, [scene missing],enemy down, round won... run for toilet :D
That about sums my technique up. I find on consoles you have to use both sticks to snipe, the right stick can get you lined up in a general fashion but to actually make the headshots you have to fine tune by moving with the left stick. I can do it but prefer a mouse set to high sensitivity.

Tracking targets isn't as smooth but twitch shots (like a jumping scout) are a lot easier.

Signa said:
WARNING: Quote buttons may or may not dance around your screen while you try to click them.
I beg to differ, after drinking the above everything dances around.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Doug said:
300lb. Samoan said:
Also, the new sniper weapons will just be new 'point-and-click' commands. In addition to the already popular 'use gun on man' you'll also have 'ask medic for hand-job' and 'grab beer from engineer'. big whoop!
'Take sandwich from heavy'
'Stab spy'...oh wait, we have that one already.
'Sleep in corpse of water buffalo'
ey, how about
'put mum on the phone'
'do they'
'call that a knife'

G-Wave said:
Demoman looks to be the next update after the sniper. I almost know that solder will be last because its supposed to be a "all around" good class.
eh, most people complain about the demoman, either that it's too powerful or too difficult to use - i hope they don't mess with him, but if they do they better give him some damn MIRV nades or timebombs, so I can get all TFC-medieval on some bitches. or some proximity mines, that would be AWESOME. if they update the soldier, they better give him something that makes him a little bit lighter and faster

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
AceDiamond said:
Erana said:
How do you snipe with a mouse?
Its horrible for me.
Drink 2 cans Red Bull, 4 double Raki's and a bottle of Lucozade, take mouse,twitch, [scene missing],enemy down, round won... run for toilet :D
That about sums my technique up. I find on consoles you have to use both sticks to snipe, the right stick can get you lined up in a general fashion but to actually make the headshots you have to fine tune by moving with the left stick. I can do it but prefer a mouse set to high sensitivity.

Tracking targets isn't as smooth but twitch shots (like a jumping scout) are a lot easier.

Signa said:
WARNING: Quote buttons may or may not dance around your screen while you try to click them.
I beg to differ, after drinking the above everything dances around.
I don't know how you guys do it. I use my mouse at a pretty low sens (1.9 at 800dpi) and I still over compensate even when trying to hit a still target! I'm too twitchy to begin with, and you're telling me to take MORE DRUGS to get the job done???

As your attorney, I advise you to share whatever this magical Lucozade is with me.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
G-Wave said:
eh, most people complain about the demoman, either that it's too powerful or too difficult to use - i hope they don't mess with him, but if they do they better give him some damn MIRV nades or timebombs, so I can get all TFC-medieval on some bitches. or some proximity mines, that would be AWESOME. if they update the soldier, they better give him something that makes him a little bit lighter and faster
True, but to be fair, its true ;) I've seen very expert demo-men hold back entire teams, whilst whenever I select him I can never use him right. I think the scouts are similar.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
With scouts you gotta keep moving, and be able to aim while flying around. Really hard, deadly if used right. I've been playing the demoman tons lately, especially on No-Heroes Payload Extreme (maps like pl_cranetop, pl_hoodoo (GREAT demoman map), pl_swift, and LOTS of pl_cashworks - I'm SICK of that map!). You gotta know how to set up a good trap with the stickies, and manage to stay alive to use them, and you've got to be really good with the contact grenades (the primary gun). I had a feel for a while, where I could kill people pretty efficiently at mid-range with it, but I lost that touch and now it's frustrating more often than not. But I did get a 26 kill-streak one night, and managed to defend the last stage of hoodoo from 12 attackers, with the help of a good medic. Makin it rain!!!

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Doug said:
Strong Intelligent said:
Awwww.

I'd prefer a Spy Pack.

Also, A semi-automatic Sniper would be good.
The sniper rifle was specifically designed NOT to be semi-automatic because they didn't want it to be another CounterStrike 'Lol, I hop and shoot headshots for the epic win, lolz!'
They should at least make it so that every time you reload it stays in the zoom mode.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
B0BX said:
The first week this comes out, no one will be able to take five steps from all the snipers that will have filled up the servers.
Use Spy on Sniper and win round in 2 minutes.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Vlane said:
B0BX said:
Heheh, nice. Although I did once snipe a cloaked spy ;) Admittedly, I did see him cloak and took an educated guess as to where he'd be, but still ;)

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Doug said:
Vlane said:
B0BX said:
Heheh, nice. Although I did once snipe a cloaked spy ;) Admittedly, I did see him cloak and took an educated guess as to where he'd be, but still ;)
Happened to me once too....but I was the spy. Kinda embarassing when that happens.