Snippets of Footage Give First Look at Green Lantern Movie

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
His mask gives him that weird crosseyed klingon look.

Otherwise looks OK (for a shamless "we are great!" promo from Entertainment Tonight).

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
alright, even chalking this up to a shameless plug aimed at everyone who ISNT a fan of the green lantern.....im sorry, but ryan reynolds is nothing like hal jordan, or a superhero, hes not a bad actor, hes just not at all the actor for the job. and this is looking as bad at that utterly terrible green hornet movie where the similarly colored main hero was turned into an arrogant unlikeable prick for no reason.

why is the suit entirely CG? whats the bloody point in that? it just looks like some overly shiny thing spat out by the unreal engine.

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
SpiderJerusalem said:
Fumbleumble said:
as far as movies go these days there's no such thing as talent.. It's not as if you actually get a real performance from 'movie stars' these days.. they are all just chosen for the face they always put across, not for a face they might be able to put on. The entire movie industry relies on the cult of personality now... acting.. REAL acting, where there is a difference from the character you see to the person doing the actual portraying doesn't exist anymore.

SO for you to say 'ridiculously talented' then berated a bunch of people for not having so low a bar as yourself, is rather silly... The words 'rampant fanboism' are certainly relevent here.
Well, it's nice to see that ignorance is alive and well.

Just a suggestion, go look at movies for a change outside of that bubble of yours. You'd be surprised at how many talented actors (including Reynolds, check out Buried for a start) there are working today. Young and old.
Ignorance?... now this is funny.

Not only do you not even attempt to tell me from whence my ignorance stems.. but to compound matters you just repeat the same rubbish from your original post.

Yep... sure does look like fanboism.. :(

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Looks...crappy.

I like a more serious Green Latern myself. My boyfriend believes Reynolds would have been a better Flash and I agree.

Ryan Reynolds should either stick with Deadpool (he nailed his personality) or be Flash.

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
SpiderJerusalem said:
Fumbleumble said:
Not only do you not even attempt to tell me from whence my ignorance stems.. but to compound matters you just repeat the same rubbish from your original post.
Well, if you can't from this

as far as movies go these days there's no such thing as talent.. It's not as if you actually get a real performance from 'movie stars' these days.
realize what that ignorance might be, then I'm afraid that any amount of facts or performances I or anyone here throws at you will just be wasted.

Pearls for swine, and all that.
Good grief..

You name ANY mainsteam Hollywood movie in the last ten years that had the 'actor' (and I use that term in the loosest possible way) not playing themselves... and I'm not talking supporting cast here.. I'm talking about mainroles who garner most, if not all, of the publicity and money.