So... AMV's

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
While I'm not too keen on anime in general (except for Evangelion, that is), I've always liked watching and putting together AMV's and I was wondering if the Escapist liked those.

If so, which are your favorites?

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I have made two MV, though nothing to do with Anime, more with Video Games. As for the Games, I put Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VIII (8) to music by the Electric Light Orchestra. I am quite fine with them, though if I had better editing technology, I'd have had a better editing ability instead of using Wipes in excess, but it worked at the time.

So, yes, I have:

in case it doesn't load for some reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anyHJTtm6Xg

If it won't load: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTg2mpqSkU

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
I like me some AMVs. Problem is finding good ones. So many of them suck, with little to no effort being put in them by their makers.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
AMV's? I hate looking for specific clips and finding out it was an AMV. If it is an AMV, put it in the fucking title. A few of them actually look/sound nice but there are so many "cliche" songs for AMV's out there and the animation quality is usually shit.

More negatives than positives...

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE&feature=related][/sub][/sub]

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
I tend to watch quite a lot for Full Metal Alchemist. It goes pretty well with Linkin Park music.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm not too keen with AMV but the only time I like those are the ones that really well made.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
I usually hate them and try to avoid them while I can. Some are good, don't get me wrong, but its annoying to click on a video that says "Luffy vs. Kuro" and having music instead of the regular audio.

If you make an AMV, please put it in the title(Luffy vs Kuro AMV), thank you for letting me know and not waste my time. If you don't, when I usurp the throne of hell, you'll have a special place in the 9th Circle, so you can freeze in never ending agony and isolation to think about what you've done(along with people who don't use turn signals).

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I'm ok with them, but I'm also VERY picky about them. Once you see a few that are well edited, you actually find yourself getting annoyed by people that just slap cool looking scenes over songs they like.

Not exactly an AMV, but if anyone out there has even seen the video to Ke$ha's Tik Tok using the original Star Trek...that is an example of a well edited video.

Even if you hate the song, the video is worth a watch.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Made a few myself. They're above the average I find on youtube, but not fantastic. My best one that didn't get lost when my computer crashed, from a techincal point, is New Genin. Bear in mind, when I made it it was one of the first Naruto amv's, but that doesn't mean it was a terribly original concept even then:
My favourite AMV is probably Chibi things that kill, for the obviously huge amount of time that went into making it (The Tama-dogfight!) and the hillarious concept.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I view them as a total waste of time, it must be said, just taking up space on youtube.

Thankfully I have fairly out of date music taste, so I'm not normally deluged by them while searching for song videos these days, but still.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
When I'm looking for a particular clip from a show I just want THE FROM THE SHOW!

I don't want various clips from the show crappily edited together with Evanesence/Linkin Park/Drowning Pool playing over them! For it is ALWAYS Evanesence/Linkin Park/Drowning Pool!

That said....there's one or two diamonds in the rough now and then.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I don't watch AMV's at all.
Mainly because either:

- Find them by accident, because the title has no indication of an AMV.

- Contains Bring Me To Life/In The End/Numb/Faint/Bodies/Bodies/Bodies did I mention Bodies? Yeah a lot of AMV's use "Bodies."

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Keep meaning to do some, but get tied up by the logistics (ripping the footage and arranging it)

anthony87 said:
When I'm looking for a particular clip from a show I just want THE FROM THE SHOW!

I don't want various clips from the show crappily edited together with Evanesence/Linkin Park/Drowning Pool playing over them! For it is ALWAYS Evanesence/Linkin Park/Drowning Pool!

That said....there's one or two diamonds in the rough now and then.
Don't forget the endless use of Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Broady Brio said:
I don't watch AMV's at all.
Mainly because either:

- Find them by accident, because the title has no indication of an AMV.

- Contains Bring Me To Life/In The End/Numb/Faint/Bodies/Bodies/Bodies did I mention Bodies? Yeah a lot of AMV's use "Bodies."
Don't forget "Bodies." I think you forget to mention "Bodies."

>.>

"Bodies" may actually be the most overused song in ANY context, not just AMVs.