So...any good games with Werewolves in them?

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Poor, poor The Order.
I was looking forward to this game because it has werewolves in it and I haven't played a good game with werewolves in a long time. With that said, I'm still going to buy it. I mean if I bought Guise of the Wolf I'm going to buy this too, but I do wonder if there are any werewolf games I might have missed out there.
Can you, the wise Escapist community, think of any?

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
Skyrim lets you become a werewolf. There's two different werewolf-related plotlines that I know of:

1. Join the Companions (Fighter's Guild) and you are eventually inducted as a werewolf.

2. In one of the southern towns, there's a prisoner who asks for your help to break his curse.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Does Altered Beast count? I fucking love that game.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Guise of the Wolf *Gets punched in the stomach.*

Does the Wolf Among Us count? The main character has the normal form of a man but he can also take on a wolf form.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Where? Wolves?

I can think of a couple off the top of my head. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, you play a vampire but it has a rather memorable fight with a werewolf, also one of the vampire clans can turn into wolves I don't think you as a player can but I'm pretty sure you can take on animal features. The Elder Scrolls 3 and 5 have werewolves and you can play as one, 2 has werewolves and wereboars but I wouldn't recommend it, it is free though so if you want it go nuts.

Other games that include werewolves but as a relatively minor part; Baldur's Gate has were werewolves and those fucking wolfweres. I swear I don't know if it was a bug or something but those greater wolfweres just wouldn't die. Had to lock them in a room to get by. Dragon Age: Origins has a pretty good questline revolving around a conflict between werewolves and elves. Also the game I'm playing at the moment, Arcanum, has werewolves.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Um...well there's always Zombies Ate My Neighbors. You can turn into a purple hulk like Werewolf and the enemy ones are fucking hilarious.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Dragon Age: Origins had a werewolf subplot as part of the main questline. Though again, it's just a subplot that only really appears in one area, so if you're looking for something where werewolves have a major presence, DA isn't the game for that.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Darkstalkers is pretty good if your into the genre I would recommend the third one personally.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
WoW has a werewolf race called worgen. I don't know if I'd call it a good game though, since all I get out of it is nostalgia from better times.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Well if you like 2D action platformers there is Blood of the Werewolf [http://store.steampowered.com/app/260250/]

Though it is werewolves as a race not a curse.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Knight Captain Kerr said:
Where? Wolves?
There, wolves. There, castle.

Anyway, good games with werewolves, eh? "The Wolf Among Us" springs to mind, but I have a feeling that's not what you want. I liked "Legendary", despite it getting panned by critics, and you can find it for a couple of bucks these days. And while it's a new release and I JUST got my copy, I am thoroughly enjoying "The Order: 1886".

Oh, and of course, a bunch of "Castlevania" games. "Lords of Shadow" in particular has a whole 25% section of the game devoted to werewolves.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
In Vampire: Bloodlines you can play as a member of the Gangrel clan, which are were-wolfish shapeshifters. You also end up encountering a werewolf later in the game as well in one of the games memorable moments.

In the old Baldur's Gate series one of the druid sub-classes are druids that intentionally infected themselves with lycanthropy to be closer to nature.

World of Warcraft has the Worgen, which are victorian era style werewolves, they get tophats so they're cool in my mind.

Wolf Among Us is all about the Big Bad Wolf, who is a... wolf-were? A wolf that was infected with humanity? Anyway it's pretty great.

Pretty sure Morrowind had a werewolf thingy, I never tried it myself though.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within was arguably the best werewolf related adventure game ever made before the Wolf Among Us. As long as you can deal with the large amounts of FMV(which was the style at the time).

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
All my picks have been chosen already, but I'll mention them again.

Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves: an excellent tactical game all about werewolves.

Vampire: Bloodlines: As someone above mentioned, you only encounter a werewolf once, but it's epic. The rest of the game is great too, even if it gets a bit less great towards the end.

Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within: A detective story that takes its time. It's FMV, but one of the better FMV games of its time.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Just a great game.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The werewolves stop being relevant about 1/3 the way in, but they do dominate the first 7-8 hours or so. Considering that sounds like about how long The Order is, though, you might as well get that and also get another 10-12 hours of slaying vampires and other creatures on top of that. As for the quality, I enjoyed it a lot. I've even thought about trying to beat it again over Spring Break when I have the time to play it.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
MysticSlayer said:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. The werewolves stop being relevant about 1/3 the way in, but they do dominate the first 7-8 hours or so. Considering that sounds like about how long The Order is, though, you might as well get that and also get another 10-12 hours of slaying vampires and other creatures on top of that. As for the quality, I enjoyed it a lot. I've even thought about trying to beat it again over Spring Break when I have the time to play it.
It is a great game indeed. The DLC chapters are pretty cool as well. I've recently finished "Mirror of Fate HD" and will dive into "Lords of Shadow 2" once I'm done with "The Order 1886" and "Costume Quest 2".