So...Anyone Here ILL?

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
I'm currently Slightly Bed-ridden, temperature-flushed, cold-sweaty, coughy, no-appetitey, blocked-nasaly...and slightly bored.

Must have gotten quite lucky with this one as the rest of the world seems to have been struck with Winter PLAGUE, or as 'they're' calling it SWINE FLU (QUICK!!! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!) again.

But hey, what am I complaining for? I'm comfortable, losing some fat (as the New Year's Ressies dictated), and apparently 18-years-old isn't too old to have your dad as somewhat of a servant (It's a Gap-Year people. Don't you give me that look...).

So...anyone else here ILL?

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
No but the worst thing i ever had was gastro, its a stomach virus and you have stuff going out both ends! it sucks and hurts, you cant sleep and you cant go anywhere. hope you get better

PS: gastro is way worse than swine flu

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Yes, but not enough that it impedes me in my daily tasks, just enough that it makes it really really annoying to do all those things.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I've been light headed for a few days. Also got an itch in my brain since yesterday and some reoccurring sharp pains in my right eye.

I'm betting on a brain tumour!

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I got sick for a few days after New Year's. I was at a geek convention/New Year's party so at first I suspected one of the 100 or so people who were there. But a lot of my friends who weren't at any large events also got sick.

I got my flu shot over a month ago, so it must have been a cold. I rendered myself comatose with NyQuil for a couple of days and it's just about gone now.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Nope I'm doing fine. Both my mother and my sister, and to some extent my father, were ill this/last week though. But by virtue of my incredible immune system, I have managed to stay healthy.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Oh, I thought ILL was some sort of acronym...

Thankfully I'm perfectly healthy!

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I had a flare up of my "Hereditary Angioedema" a couple of weeks back. Google it if you want the details, but if you want the short story;
My intestines swelled up, cramped and made me throw up. Happens once every 5-7 months. Lovely.

Right now though, apart from a bit of a runny nose from a cold I'm pretty much over, I'm peachy keen.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Oh I had the swine flu. But that was months ago. You mean the damn thing hasn't died out yet? (Or whatever the correct terminology is)

Right now I'm not sick. Which is a miracle, considering how sickly I am. I missed 10 days of school just in the last semester. I literally suck at life.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I have a surprisingly potent immune system, so I rarely get worse than an annual sinus infection when the seasons change.

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
Yeah, I only put it as ILL, otherwise it would come out like III.

Yeah, this is a change to my Immune System, usually I get through about two years without being somewhat put in a bed.

My dad had it very badly, so I'm the lucky one here. I was planning on getting through it without taking any Drugs (NO, not that kind), but that plan was quickly dismissed after attending work and being ill-er than I though I was in the night.

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
Count Igor said:
I am.
Throwing up while wearing a top hat.
Nice spectacle.
What is your obsessions with Top Hats, boy?

Do you ever take the thing off

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
i get crazy amounts of colds most of the time. Luckily not right now, unfortunately was during the whole christmas break