So, Apparently Cannabinoid (Hemp Compounds) Could Block COVID

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
According to a new study -

The catch is, it won’t work by smoking it. Still though, if the results are repeatable outside of a lab and its use for this kind of treatment gets authorized by our dear leaders, chalk this up as another win for cannabis.

*edit* There is however another angle to this story -

Which seems to tie into why it won’t work via smoking.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
According to a new study -

The catch is, it won’t work by smoking it. Still though, if the results are repeatable outside of a lab and its use for this kind of treatment gets authorized by our dear leaders, chalk this up as another win for cannabis.

*edit* There is however another angle to this story -

Which seems to tie into why it won’t work via smoking.
Doesn't mean thc doesn't help, just means they didn't study it. And recreational cannabis still has cbd.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
CBD remains snake oil.
Eh, it can help some things. It's usually not nearly as effective as alternatives though. My wife vapes Delta-8 because it's legally available and it does more to help some of her issues than anything else other than, well, actually smoking pot. Technically my state has medical marijuana, but the first dispensary took 4 years to open from the law passing and is on the other end of the state, only a handful of doctors are authorized to prescribe it, and her "unique" medical history makes most doctors run screaming.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
This is a future we have no choice but to begrudgingly accept. And one in which I have come fully prepared.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-121.jpg

Reactions: Kwak

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
CBD remains snake oil.
It's mostly snake oil, in the sense it's sold for an awful lot of shit it is almost certainly no good for. It does have an evidence based defence as medication for a couple of forms of epilepsy, there's credible evidence it may provide pain relief and be an anti-spasmodic.

I should probably disclose a potential conflict of interest here, in the sense that one my friends got some cannabidiol preparations through clinical trials.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It's mostly snake oil, in the sense it's sold for an awful lot of shit it is almost certainly no good for. It does have an evidence based defence as medication for a couple of forms of epilepsy, there's credible evidence it may provide pain relief and be an anti-spasmodic.

I should probably disclose a potential conflict of interest here, in the sense that one my friends got some cannabidiol preparations through clinical trials.
You're describing snake oil. Specific kinds of snake oil were used in traditional Chinese medicines to alleviate joint pain, likely to reasonable effect. Then sleazy salespeople started selling it as a cure-all. Then they started selling dyed mineral oil labeled "snake oil" as a cure all. And when I see gas stations advertising their CBD products for sale, I can't help but feel we've hit that last part.

CBD does weird things in the human brain, so I'm sure it's genuinely good for certain conditions, but then people are suggesting it for ridiculous unrelated conditions and treating themselves with "CBD" products, and it's just a mess.