So apparently Kermit the frog has a new GF

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So today I had caught wind of this (I wasn't even awared that they even broke up!)-
Long story made short, Kermit got a new GF Denise and a whole lots of people are pissed on her apperances since she is more slimmer and stylize(?) version of Miss Piggy.

While on one hand, I can get why people are upset (the eyes make her look like a Bratz doll and people adore Miss Piggy the way she is than being slim) but on the other hand, people are upset over a frictional character???

So what do you guys think? Like the new gal in the town? Was it about time if not sooner Kermit and Miss Piggy break up in the first place (their relationship wasn't exactly lovy dovy at times).

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I don't like her but I don't think you're supposed to. They probably split up Kermit and Piggy so the showrunners could work the tension angle again (because steady relationships are boring). I bet they're back before the show's over.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
I don't like her but I don't think you're supposed to. They probably split up Kermit and Piggy so the showrunners could work the tension angle again (because steady relationships are boring). I bet they're back before the show's over.
Pretty much this. There is no conceivable way this is permanent.

Then again, I can kind of see the outraged peoples point - Miss Piggy is fat, controlling, and pretty much a huge *****. The new girl is, from what I understand, the complete opposite. There may be an unfortunate message there, but I doubt that was intentional.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I have to lean on the "good for him" side of things. After decades in an abusive relationship with someone who'd openly fawn over others in the same room and get physical on a regular basis (in the bad way) Kermit getting out of that relationship was a good thing.
Personally, I hope it sticks. Plus, the reaction by people taking this way too seriously makes for great entertainment:

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
AccursedTheory said:
Then again, I can kind of see the outraged peoples point - Miss Piggy is fat, controlling, and pretty much a huge *****. The new girl is, from what I understand, the complete opposite. There may be an unfortunate message there, but I doubt that was intentional.
I think there's also something hilarious about the fact that someone from Brooklyn?s Sackler Center for Feminist Art looked at her and thought "yep, she's a stand up, shining example of a feminist".

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
So what do you guys thinG?
I thinG that it's nice to see someone else make the same typo. I can't figure out how or why that keeps happening though.

As for the Muppet story, I honestly don't give a fuck. I haven't seen a single episode of that since I was maybe 5 years old. People get upset about the weirdest things these days.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
So, if Kermit had instead dated someone fatter than Piggy, would that have been better? Is this Thin Shaming? I think someone needs to check their Fat Privilege.

Besides that, It's a handpuppet of an amphibian and a mammal. I can't believe weight is the only concern here

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Aren't they married?

Ohhhhhhhh

https://youtu.be/F4rG3N0hq6k?t=1m2s

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
So today I had caught wind of this (I wasn't even awared that they even broke up!)-
Long story made short, Kermit got a new GF Denise and a whole lots of people are pissed on her apperances since she is more slimmer and stylize(?) version of Miss Piggy.

While on one hand, I can get why people are upset (the eyes make her look like a Bratz doll and people adore Miss Piggy the way she is than being slim) but on the other hand, people are upset over a frictional character???

So what do you guys think? Like the new gal in the town? Was it about time if not sooner Kermit and Miss Piggy break up in the first place (their relationship wasn't exactly lovy dovy at times).
It's a promotion/story-line for the new Muppet Show. The only people getting upset about it are people who haven't actually seen the promo trailer for the new series, because was revealed there first, and that was what... a month or two ago?

Also, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a parody of people who make it rich and then dump their current significant other for someone who looks almost exactly like them, but younger. The new Muppet Show seems to be looking to spoof reality TV and celebrity culture in general, so this move makes sense.

Also again, Miss Piggy was awful to Kermit. Good on you for getting out of that abusive relationship, Kermit!
(I say that jokingly, because if I were a betting man, I'd predict that Denise turns out to be a bad person and Kermit and Piggy rekindle their relationship as part of the show)

Gretha Unterberg

Jul 14, 2013
AccursedTheory said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Pretty much this. There is no conceivable way this is permanent.

Indeed.
Miss Piggy is a demanding ,short-tempered diva.
The premiss seems to be the conflict that she can't get what she want (Kermit)
and maintaining her normal attitude (demanding diva)at the same time;
executed by adding a temporary character that is the polar opposite .

Interestig enough because the opposite is a friendlier, more carring,younger and slimer Piggy.
So there is no obviouse reason why Kermit should return to Miss Piggy, even if we all know he will :p

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
I don't like her but I'm pretty sure that's the point...I highly doubt this is going to be a "permanent" thing

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I heard about this while back.

First thing on my mind was how the new gf strangely looks like Angelina Jolie if she was a pig. Then I started thinking about Jennifer Aniston's blond hair...

..then I shrugged and went about my day.

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
The_Kodu said:
I don't know what's funnier. People being upset over this. Or people calling Kermit an anti feminist now because he left Miss Piggy not long after she apparently said she considers herself a Feminist.
I read a comment at one point from some woman stating "Kermit only lasted so long after Miss Piggy declared herself a feminist!" My mind blew a gasket trying to understand how that woman sincerely thought that statement was supposed to reflect poorly on Kermit, rather than feminism.

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
Miss Piggy can be controlling and physically abusive and everything is fine.
Miss Piggy hooks up with Nathan Fillion and nobody bats an eye. You go grrl!
Kermit gets a new girlfriend...and everybody loses their minds.

Kermit hooking up with Denise seems fair to me. I wonder how many of these people attacking Kermit also complained about Piggy and Nathan. You know, equality and all...