So apparently Madcatz are up poop creek...

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Souplex said:
I remember them! They were the people behind the terrible controllers non-gamer family-members bought you for your birthday/Chanukkah. Everyone had one of their controllers that was only broken out as the fourth controller and given to the kid your mother made you invite.
I see that some experiences are, in fact, universal.

Gods, I fucking hated my GameCube Madcatz controller. It wasn't enough for the analog sticks to have massive deadzones or for the buttons to only work half of the time, the actual controller was also 70% the size of the official Nintendo controllers. It's like it was purpose built for you kid brother/cousin who was too young to understand how to play a game.

I also had a Pelican brand GC controller. It was larger than the official ones, but with all the same issues as the Madcatz. To this day, I will never buy 3rd party peripherals, even from reputable brands like Logitech. The extra price is worth knowing the damn thing will work for more than 6 minutes.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Not really surprising. Just about the only quality products they sell are their fightsticks, and that's one hell of a niche market.

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Lufia Erim said:
Danny Dowling said:
Yeah, I know it's RTU, but the info is the info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-XltIrKRI

I thought Madcatz were swimming it it? The have the SF crowd pretty much under wraps. I suppose the crap Android console didn't do them justice and the Rock Band thing didn't do great.

Back on the PS2 I was quite fond of the micro wireless controllers but in recent years I have no interest in that brand, and tbh I'm currently facing the realisation that I might have to get a PS4 stick in order to play SFV (there's rumours that the the drive that was made by the Skullgirls devs that was also used by Never Realm to allow PS3 sticks to work for MKX isn't in SFV, partly at least due to the partnership they have with Madcatz).

I hate buying from a company that's down the pan because their hardware is crap. That always sucks ass.

Who knows, I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it goes.
Actually from what i hear, you can use whatever old arcade sticks you had from last gen and use them with SFV. Which is definitely going to hurt madcatz. Not to mention that their sticks are ridiculously expensive. Especially their Tournament edition sticks.
Yeah this was written before it was announced.
It was announced literally the day after I spent ?130 on a Hori RAP Kai. It was a good choice though I had a Qanba RAF for 7 years and it did well. A good time to get a new stick and a pretty good one at that.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Drathnoxis said:
I bought a Madcatz controller for Gamecube, it was such a piece of crap! After a couple months, half the buttons started malfunctioning, so I went and bought the Wavebird and haven't had any problems since.
Yaaaaa that is basically the story I always had with Madcats. It is sorta funny I feel bad to see them go since I grew up with Madcats but at the same time me and my friends used to fight over who had to use the Madcats controller growing up. It was actually considered a handicap to use their controllers XD.