So Bin Laden is Dead, what now?

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
CBS said it best, it's not just that we got Bin Laden, it's that we are showing everyone else in Al-Qaeda that we can and will find them
And it'll only take about a decade! Look out whoever is second in command, 2021 will be a bad year for you.

Sikratua

Apr 11, 2011
Optional Opinion said:
wizard_joe88 said:
serious question here, wouldn't the just turn him into an epic martyr?
That's exactly what I was thinking, especially if he was murdered at the hands of the West.

I smell retaliation.
Ifbin Laden wanted to be a martyr, he would have had someone turn him in when the reward on his head ws 25 million, and that money would have been usedto fund actions by al Qaedea. He had a chance to go out like amartyr that was willing to die for his cause. If he's actually dead, he went out like a *****, hiding from the law until natural causes ran out the clock.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm watching the Fox News coverage. Because Geraldo's mustache just makes this coverage the best.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Xpwn3ntial said:
Source please.

Maybe.
Is every news agency on Earth a good enough source. Kidding aside, Woo Hoo now we can abandon Afghanistan again Woo Hooo!!

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
This changes shit all. Sure its a nice moral boost and probably a big moral hit for Al Quieda (sp?) but you know they have been planning for this for a while and they have someone now taking over his spot. Its going to be a never ending process. You can't beat them, you can only turn popular opinion in their strongholds against them.

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
now the army gets extra XP for killing him as a secondary objective

now just need to see how to get the $%&@ out of iraq and afghanistan oh and lybia too

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
I was on /b/ when I saw a thread about it, so if I wasn't on /b/ I would have known about it.
By the way live stream on jtv.

http://www.justin.tv/live_news

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Yeah, just found out. I'm talking to my friends and family about it.

Everyone's really surprised (and excited).

Plus it's my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday sis, Osama kicked the bucket on the same day you were born. Woohoo.

My friend suggested we parade his body around NYC and let victims' families spit on him. I second the motion.

Player Two

Dec 20, 2010
One wonders if it'll actually make a clod of difference. Yes, he is (was?) their leader; Do you think that his dying will really stop terrorism? Do you think conflict in the Middle East is just going to vanish overnight?

No, not really. This is a boost to morale and perhaps a minor disruption of their operations - I have no doubt that they have a line-up of second-in-commands who are just waiting to take his place. Then... what? We spend another decade trying to destroy his replacement?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Sikratua said:
Optional Opinion said:
wizard_joe88 said:
That's exactly what I was thinking, especially if he was murdered at the hands of the West.

I smell retaliation.
Ifbin Laden wanted to be a martyr, he would have had someone turn him in when the reward on his head ws 25 million, and that money would have been usedto fund actions by al Qaedea. He had a chance to go out like amartyr that was willing to die for his cause. If he's actually dead, he went out like a *****, hiding from the law until natural causes ran out the clock.
Last confirmation I heard was a shot to the head, can you imagine being the soldier to pull that trigger?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
DustyDrB said:
Update: The fans in Philadelphia are chanting "USA! USA! USA!"

So cliche...

It's not like terrorism is over now.
I'm in Philly, too. And the bar down the street just got really loud.

>_>

And no, terrorism isn't over.

But still, we killed the guy eluding us for almost 10 years. I mean, it's like achieving a goal in life you've been striving for. There is reason to celebrate. BUT NOT AT FUCKING 11:00 PM ON SUNDAY NIGHT!

SOME PEOPLE GOTTA GET UP EARLY.
Yeah, you're right. Overt shows of patriotism just still weird me out. After 9/11, that kind of patriotism seemed to signal to everyone around here (in the South) that racism was back in vogue. People were ridiculous. It's probably wrong of me to think that way, but it just makes me uncomfortable and cynical.

aescuder

Aug 24, 2010
Can't wait till they make a video game about it.

Nazis and evil Russians are getting old.lol

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
kittii-chan 300 said:
The leader behind Al Qaeda, the terrorist organization who suicide crashed planes into the Twin Towers in New York on 9/11 killing thousands of people, causing us to invade Iraq blah blah blah basically satan.

Captcha: Kreller aronlyi

Optional Opinion

Dec 29, 2008
Sikratua said:
Optional Opinion said:
wizard_joe88 said:

I smell retaliation.
I doubt Al Qaeda would of been able to get their hands on the money if they did that. They probably don't need it anyway.

In their eyes (If the West has killed him) he has died at the hands of the enemy and served his cause. They will treat it as a noble death and someone will take over his position and worse case scenario another terrorist attack will may be planned.