So cartoon network schedule this week: The Holy Shit sequel

njrk97

May 30, 2011
Silentpony said:
I mean at least they know the show is bad

I would argue that makes it somewhat more egregious "what im doing is bad,i know its bad,but im aware so its clearly okay, im not gonna fix it,but im aware"

Granted though is there is one thing i have noticed the show seems to enjoy taking potshot at the fandom who dare expect a Teen Titans show to actually be decent,or at least funny. Considering one of their episodes had the moral of "stop taking you cartoons so lol serious,cause its like super edgy if we do that *beats Strawman*"

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
gigastar said:
MrEnter is going to blow a gasket.
Pretty much every cartoon reviewer is. Saberspark is considering doing a new video on "What's ruining CN?" but he just did one. Only one I know of that won't is Rebeltaxi and he's been pissing people off with his "no big deal" attitude on it.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
At this point, the only explanation I can think of is that some executive at Cartoon Network is secretly an employee of Disney or Nickelodeon sent to tank CN.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wait, so whats wrong with Teen Titans Go? Aside from the fact that Cartoon Network seems to like to give it marathons too much? I mean I just watched the 200th episode and it was quite funny.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That's a lot of Teen Titans Go. It's a good thing I don't waste my money on Cable/Satellite and have to put up with this shit.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Worgen said:
Wait, so whats wrong with Teen Titans Go? Aside from the fact that Cartoon Network seems to like to give it marathons too much? I mean I just watched the 200th episode and it was quite funny.
The marathons are the issue. There's been some other issues such as a whole episode about the whole "adults shouldn't watch animation" strawman. But it's mainly the nonstop marathons that are making people mad.

If I made a show to be aired on CN, I'd be afraid.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
The marathons are the issue. There's been some other issues such as a whole episode about the whole "adults shouldn't watch animation" strawman. But it's mainly the nonstop marathons that are making people mad.

Was there a show about that? I remember seeing some meta ones but they seemed to be more aimed at poking fun at the people who take TTG too seriously and lament the end of the original series.

Yeah, I agree that marathons are an issue, I would rather see some Steven Universe or Adventure Time ones.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:

Was there a show about that? I remember seeing some meta ones but they seemed to be more aimed at poking fun at the people who take TTG too seriously and lament the end of the original series.

Yeah, I agree that marathons are an issue, I would rather see some Steven Universe or Adventure Time ones.
The Return of Slade. Even fans of TTG hate this episode.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
They're not even going to rerun crappy, old Christmas specials on Christmas? As much as I disliked the marathon of those every year, this is a new low for CN. They clearly don't care what anyone is saying about their network at this point if they aren't going to even try and diversify their line up almost at all now. I can't even find the proper words to describe just how disheartening it is to see a network that I grew up with and love being run into the ground and thrown away like this.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
njrk97 said:
Granted though is there is one thing i have noticed the show seems to enjoy taking potshot at the fandom who dare expect a Teen Titans show to actually be decent,or at least funny. Considering one of their episodes had the moral of "stop taking you cartoons so lol serious,cause its like super edgy if we do that *beats Strawman*"
I think there's a more apropos characterization there. One that they themselves indulged in.

Yes...that apron says food pun. Just so there's no question that this was an intentional gag about beating his meat.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:

Ehh, it was ok. I got the impression that the episode was really about trying to make something you loved as a kid more adult, despite the line from Raven. I mean we do regularly see that go really wrong, look at the new Super Man movies. with somethings you can make them darker and edgier and have them work, but more often than not you end up with something really stupid.

If you really want to take something you loved as a kid and make it work as something darker and edgier, then look into fanfics.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009

No seriously, WHY?!?!?

I knew Cartoon Network was psychotically obsessed with this show, but this is just too much!

If you can't tell, I am not a fan of this show. If anyone out there is, then fine, but I can't help but think you're enabling this crap...

But if you want to know why Cartoon Network sucks so much now, this guys says it better than I ever could.

...Fuck you Cartoon Network.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Eh. I mean I agree that Teen Titans Go is a pretty garbage show, but I only hated it when it replaced Young Justice, an actually awesome show. Now that Young Justice is coming back, I don't really care what cartoon network does. I don't even have cable anymore.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:

If you really want to take something you loved as a kid and make it work as something darker and edgier, then look into fanfics.
Oh Danny Phantom comes to mind, and the fanfic writers either make Danny an Emo Edge Lord betrayed by his parents, or he has gay sex with Vlad, VLAD!!!