Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
Wait, so whats wrong with Teen Titans Go? Aside from the fact that Cartoon Network seems to like to give it marathons too much? I mean I just watched the 200th episode and it was quite funny.
The marathons are the issue. There's been some other issues such as a whole episode about the whole "adults shouldn't watch animation" strawman. But it's mainly the nonstop marathons that are making people mad.

If I made a show to be aired on CN, I'd be afraid.
Was there a show about that? I remember seeing some meta ones but they seemed to be more aimed at poking fun at the people who take TTG too seriously and lament the end of the original series.

Yeah, I agree that marathons are an issue, I would rather see some Steven Universe or Adventure Time ones.
The Return of Slade. Even fans of TTG hate this episode.

If you really want to take something you loved as a kid and make it work as something darker and edgier, then look into fanfics.
Oh Danny Phantom comes to mind, and the fanfic writers either make Danny an Emo Edge Lord betrayed by his parents, or he has gay sex with Vlad, VLAD!!!
Oh I'm sure you can find just as many incest stories for him since if you give a character a family someone is going to ship them together for some fucken reason. See the Apple family.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
Wait, so whats wrong with Teen Titans Go? Aside from the fact that Cartoon Network seems to like to give it marathons too much? I mean I just watched the 200th episode and it was quite funny.
The marathons are the issue. There's been some other issues such as a whole episode about the whole "adults shouldn't watch animation" strawman. But it's mainly the nonstop marathons that are making people mad.

Was there a show about that? I remember seeing some meta ones but they seemed to be more aimed at poking fun at the people who take TTG too seriously and lament the end of the original series.

Yeah, I agree that marathons are an issue, I would rather see some Steven Universe or Adventure Time ones.

If you really want to take something you loved as a kid and make it work as something darker and edgier, then look into fanfics.
Oh Danny Phantom comes to mind, and the fanfic writers either make Danny an Emo Edge Lord betrayed by his parents, or he has gay sex with Vlad, VLAD!!!
Oh I'm sure you can find just as many incest stories for him since if you give a character a family someone is going to ship them together for some fucken reason. See the Apple family.
To be fair I'd like to bang Danny's mom because fuck me is she the hottest Cartoon MILF ever:

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I love Teen Titans Go, but yeah. The marathons are a bit much.

I wish they'd show Clarence marathons like they do TTG, that show is the shit. Or maybe air more Ok Ko. Honestly, I love the current CN lineup aside from Ben 10, the only problem is the lopsided marathon schedule.

RaikuFA said:
There's been some other issues such as a whole episode about the whole "adults shouldn't watch animation" strawman.
The point wasn't that adults shouldn't watch animation, it's just that they need to accept that this is a children's show.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
I'm convinced that Miller was hired to drive the channel into the ground so they can rebrand.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:

To be fair I'd like to bang Danny's mom because fuck me is she the hottest Cartoon MILF ever:

She's all right. But she's no Drew Saturday.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Ugh, So glad I have a Cartoon Network outside of the US. We have like... other...shows.

Oh wait there's like two blips there, Steven Universe. And ...Night begins to shine? I have no idea what that is.

Still. Variety is the spice of life CN. No one wants your unseasoned skinless chicken breast.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Jesus CN, just bang TTG's brains out already if you're lusting that hard over it.

Shit like this is going to kill shows like OK K.O., mark my words. I should have known; every semi-obscure cartoon I've liked in the past decade ends up being cancelled due to corporate meddling like this. I'll just set aside a new tombstone and plot of land for it next to Dan Vs. and Wander Over Yonder.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Neverhoodian said:
Jesus CN, just bang TTG's brains out already if you're lusting that hard over it.

Shit like this is going to kill shows like OK K.O., mark my words. I should have known; every semi-obscure cartoon I've liked in the past decade ends up being cancelled due to corporate meddling like this. I'll just set aside a new tombstone and plot of land for it next to Dan Vs. and Wander Over Yonder.
I still remember Sym-Bionic Titan....."sniffles"

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
I love how Steven Universe is the shining beacon in the sea of cancer.
Fijiman said:
They're not even going to rerun crappy, old Christmas specials on Christmas? As much as I disliked the marathon of those every year, this is a new low for CN. They clearly don't care what anyone is saying about their network at this point if they aren't going to even try and diversify their line up almost at all now. I can't even find the proper words to describe just how disheartening it is to see a network that I grew up with and love being run into the ground and thrown away like this.
Say it with me now bud! 'Grandpa's gonna sue the pants off of Santa!'
Charli said:
Ugh, So glad I have a Cartoon Network outside of the US. We have like... other...shows.

Oh wait there's like two blips there, Steven Universe. And ...Night begins to shine? I have no idea what that is.

Still. Variety is the spice of life CN. No one wants your unseasoned skinless chicken breast.
Judging from the color code, looks like a TTGO special.
McMarbles said:
Hnnng

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Neverhoodian said:

Oh dude, I feel you. Sym-Bionic Titan was great and wish it wasn't canceled.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
McMarbles said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:

Cool, I didn't know others watched the Secret Saturdays. I enjoyed that show as a kid.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Leg End said:
I love how Steven Universe is the shining beacon in the sea of cancer.
Fijiman said:
They're not even going to rerun crappy, old Christmas specials on Christmas? As much as I disliked the marathon of those every year, this is a new low for CN. They clearly don't care what anyone is saying about their network at this point if they aren't going to even try and diversify their line up almost at all now. I can't even find the proper words to describe just how disheartening it is to see a network that I grew up with and love being run into the ground and thrown away like this.
Say it with me now bud! 'Grandpa's gonna sue the pants off of Santa!'
Charli said:

Judging from the color code, looks like a TTGO special.
McMarbles said:
Hnnng
A: The steven universe slipped in there is like a cancer ontop of even more cancer

B: Night Begins to Shine is a Heavy Metal inspired special of TTG

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Warhound said:
A: The steven universe slipped in there is like a cancer ontop of even more cancer

More like 80s pop rock, not heavy metal. It's pretty fun, but it doesn't top the original episode about the song.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
Benpasko said:
Warhound said:

More like 80s pop rock, not heavy metal. It's pretty fun, but it doesn't top the original episode about the song.
I was more meaning Heavy Metal the movie vibe, rather than the music genre.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Warhound said:
Benpasko said:
Warhound said:

I was more meaning Heavy Metal the movie vibe, rather than the music genre.
Is it good? The episode 40/40/20 is a great one.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
How can you have a marathon of materials when there isn't that many episodes to begin with? How do you show a week of nothing but TTG?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
How can you have a marathon of materials when there isn't that many episodes to begin with? How do you show a week of nothing but TTG?
Two words: Focus testing.

Natemans said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Neverhoodian said:
And Thundercats 2011, and Spectacular Spider-man, and Motorcity, and Megas XLR, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

...Man, being at the mercy of the network executives fucking sucks. >_<

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
CrazyGirl17 said:

Natemans said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Neverhoodian said:
And Thundercats 2011, and Spectacular Spider-man, and Motorcity, and Megas XLR, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

And Wander Over Yonder, and Dan VS.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
RaikuFA said:
CrazyGirl17 said:

Natemans said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Neverhoodian said:

I thought Wander Over Yonder had an ending?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
RaikuFA said:
CrazyGirl17 said:

Natemans said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Neverhoodian said:

I thought Wander Over Yonder had an ending?
I heard they still had episodes planned.