Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
So this week OK K.O.! is premiering...
and cartoon network knows the perfect way to celebrate it.

That's right 81% Teen Titan go for one week. The other only other two things being the new show Ok K.O.! and 2 showings for Megamind. what do you guys think about this?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Hooooly spit. They're really trying to make Teen Titans Go a thing.

Stop trying to make Teen Titans Go happen, Gretchen! It's not going to happen!

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
So they're literally playing every episode at least once.

Alright I have to ask what we're all thinking: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

And why celebrate a new show by airing half the season in a week and having each episode that's being released broadcast an average of 6.7 times?

This makes no sense no matter how you look at it.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Zontar said:
And why celebrate a new show by airing half the season in a week and having each episode that's being released broadcast an average of 6.7 times?
Cartoon network is really fucking weird with how they handle new episodes. Usually a network would premieres new episodes once a week until a season is finished and than the show takes a break and if it's renewed it repeats the process. Cartoon Network usually just chopped up the season (including cutting the 30-minute episode into two 15 min parts) premieres a few of them in a week and than takes a random break before premiering more. It's really annoying keeping track of new episodes because of this.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Jesus Christ. I heard that Cartoon Network's scheduling was a dumpster fire, but I had no idea it was THIS bad. What possible reason could they have for this lunacy? Do the creators of Teen Titans: GO have dirt on CN's execs or something?

Forget Lord Boxman, it appears TT:GO is K.O.'s true nemesis. Give 'em hell, K.O.

njrk97

May 30, 2011
Yeah we Discuss this Crap quite often on the Steven Universe Subreddit, We don't have super high opinions of CN, they seem to fluctuate between loving or caring for SU, to pretending it doesn't exist for months at a time. Between this and the Constant Leaks, to the point where entire Marathons of new Episodes have been leaked a week early its hard to take them seriously or at not least raise a eye to there airing patterns.

Needless to say. This is not uncommon, they love having almost Spongebob Levels of Teen Titans Go on the channel, but to have it at this amount is excessive even for them and you do have to wonder what their game plan is here. I get kids are kids, but im pretty sure a entire week of this crap is going to bore most children. Is this some sort of crazy push for OK KO, by supersaturating the channel the children will flock to the few shows that are a respite from the Teen Titans Go Onslaught.

LunarRepublic

Oct 23, 2016
Stuff like this is why I'm liking Disney XD over Cartoon Network these days. At least they aren't unhealthily obsessed about a single show in their entire cartoon lineup, and it helps they've actually got some great shows. The only things I care about from Cartoon Network these days is either their past shows or Steven Universe, and even the latter takes forever to come out .

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wait, whats wrong with Teen Titans Go?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Worgen said:
It's not TTG that's the problem, it's the fact that Cartoon Network thinks it's the only show that exists. Nickelodeon does the same thing with Spongebob. People are sick of this shit. Marathoning one show nonstop drives away viewers, even fans of TTG and Spongebob think this is ridiculous.

I fear for Infinity Train.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
It's not TTG that's the problem, it's the fact that Cartoon Network thinks it's the only show that exists. Nickelodeon does the same thing with Spongebob. People are sick of this shit. Marathoning one show nonstop drives away viewers, even fans of TTG and Spongebob think this is ridiculous.

Its not that uncommon for CN to do marathons, it wasn't long ago when they did a Steven Universe one and a Gumball one. It really seems that TTG gets a ton of hate and I don't really get why... Well aside from the massive tone difference from the last TT series I suppose.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Holy shit. I cant tell if they genuinely think this is promotion for TTG or if they arent to trying to kill it with oversaturation.

Worgen said:
I suggest watching some reviews of it. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc1QAWAf3a8&list=PLlHO40nnPlUiYO3TChYiO7cawqEB6GudU]

The short version is, people loved the early 2000's TT series and to say that TTG bastardizes pretty much every aspect of the Titans would be a hideous understatement.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Worgen said:
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:

Its not that uncommon for CN to do marathons, it wasn't long ago when they did a Steven Universe one and a Gumball one. It really seems that TTG gets a ton of hate and I don't really get why... Well aside from the massive tone difference from the last TT series I suppose.
I don't think 81% of a weekly schedule was nothing but Gumball and SU. This is overexposure.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well at least PPG is not on the list!

Ok I can't turned this into a positive spin other than it's still not as bad when the stupid CEO try to turn CN into CN Real.

Needless to say I can assume people will be supporting OK KO by watching it when it's lived and turned off as soon as TTG is on!

Feb 7, 2016
gigastar said:
Holy shit. I cant tell if they genuinely think this is promotion for TTG or if they arent to trying to kill it with oversaturation.

Worgen said:
I suggest watching some reviews of it. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc1QAWAf3a8&list=PLlHO40nnPlUiYO3TChYiO7cawqEB6GudU]

The short version is, people loved the early 2000's TT series and to say that TTG bastardizes pretty much every aspect of the Titans would be a hideous understatement.
Yeah, I rarely try to say that a cartoon is objectively terrible, and TTG is one of those cartoons that I would call objectively terrible. It's just obnoxious on nearly every level. If even my mother can pick out a bad cartoon just by watching 10 seconds of it, you've screwed up.

HazardousCube

Apr 20, 2017
Worgen said:
Other than the fact that the over-airing of Teen Titans Go leaves new or existing shows with little air-time; there is also the fact that the show goes out of it's way to piss on the fans of the original Teen Titans with episodes like "The Return of Slade" and "Wally T"

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I remember when I was very little(if not kindergarten then a few years older) when they would run entire marathons of Tom & Jerry on Cartoon Network occasionally. Tom & Jerry episodes all day long. Then the regular scheduled programming returned.

Five-ish years ago Nickelodeon ran an Avatar the last Airbender marathon, which I tried to catch. Full seasons, running from morning until afternoon, for a weekend*. Then the regular scheduled programming returned.

I mention this because I am not initially alarmed by that schedule. Although if this is something that keeps on going and going, I am a bit inquisitive of why that might be.

*I don't remember the exact numbers, but I am sure you catch my drift.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
njrk97 said:
Yeah we Discuss this Crap quite often on the Steven Universe Subreddit, We don't have super high opinions of CN, they seem to fluctuate between loving or caring for SU, to pretending it doesn't exist for months at a time. Between this and the Constant Leaks, to the point where entire Marathons of new Episodes have been leaked a week early its hard to take them seriously or at not least raise a eye to there airing patterns.

Needless to say. This is not uncommon, they love having almost Spongebob Levels of Teen Titans Go on the channel, but to have it at this amount is excessive even for them and you do have to wonder what their game plan is here. I get kids are kids, but im pretty sure a entire week of this crap is going to bore most children. Is this some sort of crazy push for OK KO, by supersaturating the channel the children will flock to the few shows that are a respite from the Teen Titans Go Onslaught.
I vaguely remember hating most marathons as a kid. I would turn on CN, and immediately remember they were having a Tom and Jerry marathon or whatever, and change the channel. Kids aren't dumb. They like variety, even if most of the stuff airing is reruns.

But I'm an adult who has the luxury of not depending on cable, so eh

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Queen Michael said:
Worgen said:
This. This is what's wrong with Teen Titans Go.

Except I can counter that with this.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I remember when TTG was first shown, and I thought it was amusing. Of course, this was back when it was just a five minute clip episode, and it was kind of like what they did in their off time.

And then this show became a real show, and I watched it for a bit. I tried. I really, really tried. But I just couldn't. They gutted Robin, BB, and Cyborg. Robin is now nothing but an obsessive control freak who whines like a baby when he doesn't get his way, and spouts nonsense like, "Your forget. The Titans are SORE LOSERS!" What a horrible lesson to teach kids. Beast Boy and Cyborg end up helping the bad guys, or being just as bad--if not worse. I mean, remember the episode where they literally destroy the future of the planet just so they can avoid being responsible? What the hell? And then there's the episode where they brought back Aqualad and some of the Young Justice characters, just to have those characters literally point out all the flaws of the show and how twisted the Teen Titans are for role models, and the show turns it into a joke.

And then I began to notice that this show seemed to be on more often than any other show. Like, other shows would completely disappear from CN's lineup for days, weeks, or in some cases even longer, but TTG was always there. And any time a show vanished, TTG would fill the slot.

So truthfully, this isn't all that surprising to me. This show has slowly been taking over the channel for a while now. I guess they just decided that it was finally time to go all out with it.