So Cracked used one of my images...

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013

Congrats, Arnoxthe1. That stuff is always cool, I have been there before. Unfortunately, Banjo Kazzoie isn't a title I know outside of namesake. It is still cool though. I agree that you should do it for yourself most importantly though if you undertake the map project. That sounds like a lot of work.

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
Senneca said:
FirstNameLastName said:
Incorrect. The courts won't simply overlook this criminal activity just because it isn't specifically related to whether the image is his property. If I sold someone drugs and they shortchanged me, do you think the courts would overlook the drug dealing just because it isn't relevant to whether the other person stole from me? No, at most, we would both be guilty of our own separate crimes, as is the case here.
If Cracked is smart (and they surely have employees who know more law than the OP) they will use the piracy against him as a deterrent, and if he pursues they will surely bring it up. And as I've said before, even if they don't bring it up the courts will investigate where the image was taken from and surely find the thread where he admits to using an emulator.

This is a no-win situation for the OP if they pursued legal action. Even if they win the case with the image, the piracy will still bite them in the arse.
Well, you clearly have your head pretty far up your own ass, so I'm not going to waste any more time with you. Keep making the same argument over and over, it doesn't change the fact that it never held water in the first place.
I said it before, and I'll say it again. This isn't about the software, emulator, etc etc to infinity.
The court/ judge DOES NOT CARE.
Person A took a picture. Person B used it for monetary gain without asking person A. Person B owes person A money. End of story.

I'm assuming you aren't american judging by your use of the misspelling "arse" (you meant "ass"). How about you let us handle american law, and go back to eating spotted dick?

Pretty sure the use of a picture like this falls under "Fair Use", which is kind of an open and shut situation. there wouldn't be even the slightest risk of a trial or a settlement. Probably wouldn't even need to meet with a lawyer for this one.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
A reasonable person shouldn't even want to sue for money over something trivial like this.

Now the TS merely appears to want name credit for it, so I guess he could send cracked an e-mail and see what happens. I wouldn't bother though, it's not like you would receive fame and recognition for something like that.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
This thread turned out to be a lot more hilarious than I had anticipated.

The OP didn't seem upset that they used his work, so how did the lawsuit discussion even come up? Worse case scenario isn't that his case is dismissed. If this ever went to court and he lost he'd have a bunch of legal fees to pay off. Doesn't seem even remotely worth it to me, lol.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
This is why I don't go on the Escapist anymore. We can't talk about anything without breaking down into bullshit.
It's like when there is a two page argument about frogs, arguing, who started arguing, and other bullshit

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Yeah, I don't think you should sue. You should just do something reasonable, like call a swat team on the writer of the articles house or send him a thousand death threats. That'd teach him for not giving you credit!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Ummmmm... I had no intention of taking any legal action here whatsoever since:

1. I'm not a douche.

2. Even if they did specify the source, I'm sure most people aren't going to care.

3. I gave my work out for free for everyone to see and use.

4. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are copyrighted to Rare, and thus to Microsoft, not to me. It's Rare's artistic work. I'm just taking very very pretty HD screenshots of it.

-

HOWEVER, a lot of people have not answered my question. XD Do people want to see HD screenshots of Banjo-Tooie as well?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:

1. I'm not a douche.

2. Even if they did specify the source, I'm sure most people aren't going to care.

4. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are copyrighted to Rare, and thus to Microsoft, not to me. It's Rare's artistic work. I'm just taking very very pretty HD screenshots of it.

-

HOWEVER, a lot of people have not answered my question. XD Do people want to see HD screenshots of Banjo-Tooie as well?
Who do you think you are, being reasonable when people are trying to stir up a shitstorm?

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
Arnoxthe1 said:

1. I'm not a douche.

-

I dunno what this thread's problem is, but I personally am always keen to see HD-ified classic games. Reminds me of a chan thread a few weeks back where a guy was doing a gigantic image dump they'd made of 4k resolution shots of the Spyro the Dragon levels. It was glorious.

So I say go for it!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Arnoxthe1 said:
XD Do people want to see HD screenshots of Banjo-Tooie as well?
I do. It's one of my all-time favourite games. It would give me a great nostalgia trip if you grabbed some HD screenies.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Alright then, here's a little teaser until I can finish them all. :3

http://i.imgur.com/jH7JAH0.png

For fun, you can compare it with the Banjo Kazooie HD Spiral Mountain here:

http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/14/26/98/51/banosp10.png

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
That's nice, and as for doing more there's an old Yorkshire saying that goes, "If thy ivver does owt for nowt, make sure tha does it for thissen"

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Denamic said:
Arnoxthe1 said:

1. I'm not a douche.

-

Who do you think you are, being reasonable when people are trying to stir up a shitstorm?
Exactly. It's not really all that reasonable when you think about it that way. Downright stubborn is what it is.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Everyone please see this thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.934511-Banjo-Tooie-Fans-What-areas-would-you-like-screenshots-of

I need your opinions. :eek: