So embarrassing!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
The inspiration for this thread comes from a complete idiotic fool I made of myself recently.

I sent a message or two, wine was involved, and things were said. All in all good times!

...Not really, I'm an idiot XD

Either way, I want to hear some embarrasing stories. They don't have to be yours, maybe something you heard or saw or happened to a friend, whatever.

Let's hear 'em!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Wasn't completely my fault, but back in 2004 when the Red Sox "broke the curse," my friend's mother passed away the same night. I never got the voicemail. So I called him, a huge Sox fan up, because I was sure he'd be in good spirits.

...That didn't end well.

Thankfully, he understood. But I still feel dumb aboot it to this day.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Well I don't really feel it "should" be considered embarrassing, but I barely know who any celebrities or famous people are and that normally makes others look at me as though I am the kind of person who kicks puppies. Somebody also made a reference to a specific character from The Muppets and wasn't impressed with my blank look either.

manic_depressive13 said:
I'm too much of a coward to kill myself. That's pretty embarrassing.
The other way of looking at it is that you are brave enough to put up with having to be alive.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I know nothing of football and I live in Argentina, so I for an embarrassing source of conversation.

manic_depressive13 said:
General concensus is that the cowardice is actually killing yourself, taking the easy way out of life's problems as opposed to facing them and getting them solved.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
The same could be said about anyone still alive, which is most people who post here.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Well, I headbutted the King of Sweden when I was like four years old(so probably right in the balls). I assume my mom was embarrassed as fuck. I regret nothing!

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
Wasn't completely my fault, but back in 2004 when the Red Sox "broke the curse," my friend's mother passed away the same night. I never got the voicemail. So I called him, a huge Sox fan up, because I was sure he'd be in good spirits.

...That didn't end well.

Thankfully, he understood. But I still feel dumb aboot it to this day.
Not quite so bad, but I made fun of a friend when he called me up and couldn't talk straight. Turned out it was because his cat had just been run over.
I loudly announced that I didn't want to go to RHUL for uni in front of an English teacher who had spent hours helping me to get an A* in English GCSE, because the maths department wasn't very impressive. Turned out she had gone there for her degree.
And a whole bunch of older ones, which mostly involve me blurting something out without thinking, and pissing off friends in the process. I'm surprised I still have any to be honest.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I was a teenage girl once.

That about covers it.

I was also overwieght, pimply, and shy. And had scary-level crushes on guys. My whole life from 11-18 was a string of embarassments, caused by myself and others.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
One day, on a snowy, white day in Scotland, as the snow blankted the plants, keeping them safe until the bounties of spring, a woman and a man, undergoing hardship, met the life they had created.

It all went downhill from there; I am oscially awkward, condescending, introverted. To give an example of my many failings, I had strangled myself into unconsciousness on Christmas tree lights. I then found pictures on the internet. I couldn't help but laugh, though.

captcha: pub love

How fitting.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
I once vented my anger on a friend. I don't even remember what it was about. Something petty, probably. But I know that I was mean as fuck to her.

It was her birthday. Which I forgot about.

What's worse, my pride got the better of me and I decided to act as though I knew all along, and being a complete and utter dickwad to her on her birthday was part of some grand plan.

I felt horrible afterwards, it's been quite a few years since then, but our friendship never recovered and we ended up drifting apart.

Well, that wasn't a particularly funny story, now that I think about it. But embarrassing like nine hells.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Hugo almost got killed by a giraffe that came out of nowhere...

That is a reference that no-one will get, yet here I am laughing my head off... =.=

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Pretty much my entire time at secondary school. How hard is it for a school to have decent internal communication so at least the teachers know what the fuck the one epileptic kid going through a particularly rough period is doing over there looking a bit unsteady, I know let's draw the entire class' attention to him! Solid idea! >.>

Every fucking time, do they even special needs?

Christ it's like they were trying to give me Agoraphobia. Joke's on you school! You only half succeeded!

Best one was how I once woke up and i'd somehow trashed a shop, like shelves on the floor epic punch up trashing. It wasn't funny then but it's hilarious looking back

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
Cowards are the ones who commit suicide, not the other way around. Too afraid to live or find a reason to live.

OT: Embarrassing thing for me to have done? I've got a lot of dumbass stories that rival Jackass skits except we didn't have video cameras and Jackass didn't exist then. Other than that... Nothing else except "I was drunk..." stories, which resemble the Jackass stories in some respect...
Meh, nothing I actually am still embarrassed about since I've got a good sense of self-humor. I laugh at the dumbass things my younger self did, and silently thank whatever providence spared my life on a few occasions.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Oh hey, my cellphone is dying. I'd best just plug it into my laptop during class so I can keep it alive for later.

*cellphone thinks this gives it permission to turn the ringer on again and change the ringtone to the lamest thing ever in the default list without me knowing*

Five minutes of class later and I get a call from a telemarketer on my phone. The professor glares at me, the class laughs at the ringtone and I'm seriously close to throwing the damn thing across the room. My phone is such a troll sometimes...

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Oh, don't get me started! Actually, I'm not even sure I want to start, so I'll take the OP's approach!

I went to some places, made some threads, had some crushes, said some things... never ends well!

Oh, no, CRINGE ATTACK!

Anyone experiencing these may want to watch this video. I relate to this one a lot.

Feb 22, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
manic_depressive13 said:
General concensus is that the cowardice is actually killing yourself, taking the easy way out of life's problems as opposed to facing them and getting them solved.
Can we not pretend everyone feels the same way? Some people are afraid of death, some people are afraid of life, neither one is 'cowardice', and making people who are contemplating/have contemplated suicide feel like they're a coward in two different ways isn't going to discourage them.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
I shot a man in Wichita just to watch him die. Then I learned that the lyrics were "in Reno". Man did I have egg on my face that day...