So Escapist! What University will you be attending? (/do you attend?)

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
rhyno435 said:
geK0 said:
I'm in Durham College right now, but I plan to do a transfer course for UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology) after this year. It's a better way to go because I end up with both a college degree and a university diploma for less than I would have paid if I started in university.
An Escapist in Durham! Huzzah! I'm going to UOIT now. Forensic Science, second year. Good school, I like it.
You're the second person I've met from around here.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Currently attending Plattsburg University. Might transfer to Albany U for my masters in psychology, focusing on Obsessive compulsive disorder and schizophrenia.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I live in Nottingham :D
If I go there, I will find you :]
Actually, I'm going to the open day this Saturday ;;;;))))

Not going to university til September next year and I still have a short while to make my choices, but my shortlist right now, of which I'll pick 5, is Cambridge, Durham, Bristol, Sheffield, Exeter and Nottingham. Basically, one has to go.
To study what, just out of interest?
I'll let you know how Nottingham REALLY is;) in like a month or so if you want. Drop me a friend req. if you fancy(Y).
And hold on, so you went to the open day yesterday? Wacha think?

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
I study Modern History and International Relations at the University of Essex, but I'm currently spending my third year on exchange at the University of Victoria, in Canada.

Snippy the Shoe

Jun 23, 2012
Eamar said:
About to start my third year at the University of Oxford (Merton College), studying Ancient and Modern History.

Snippy the Shoe said:
I'll be starting a four year master's in chemistry at Oxford on the 2nd of October....Now to see if I still remember everything I've been taught.
*waves*
*waves back* (Trinity by the way)

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
BlueberryMUNCH said:
AnarchistFish said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I live in Nottingham :D
If I go there, I will find you :]
Actually, I'm going to the open day this Saturday ;;;;))))

Not going to university til September next year and I still have a short while to make my choices, but my shortlist right now, of which I'll pick 5, is Cambridge, Durham, Bristol, Sheffield, Exeter and Nottingham. Basically, one has to go.
To study what, just out of interest?
I'll let you know how Nottingham REALLY is;) in like a month or so if you want. Drop me a friend req. if you fancy(Y).
And hold on, so you went to the open day yesterday? Wacha think?
Geography. Although I noticed they do Geography with Chinese Studies which sounds interesting..

I liked it. It's big, much bigger than Exeter which I saw last week, but it seems to have lots to it and a generally good atmosphere. I like the community feel the campus gives, too. And it offers study abroad to places I might be interested in, like Montreal, Grenoble, Hong Kong and Singapore.

Hang on, you're a filthy Tottenham fan. Hiss boo. D:<

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
My first university I went to for two years was Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Now I'm at Florida State University. I'm studying Chinese language and culture and Religion with a focus on Eastern religions.

Shadows Risen

Nov 1, 2011
Starting my third year out of 4 at University of Manchester in a couple of days, doing Physics with Astrophysics

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
DoPo said:
OT: Aberystwyth University doing a Software Engineering degree.
Oh cool, someone at Aber whose name I recognise... I'm gonna be freshing up the place next weekend doing Zoology and Microbiology... What year are you?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Raven said:
DoPo said:
Oh cool, someone at Aber whose name I recognise... I'm gonna be freshing up the place next weekend doing Zoology and Microbiology... What year are you?
Final year on the MEng course. Where will you be living?

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
DoPo said:
Raven said:
DoPo said:
Bloody hell, you must be like my age then 25? Gonna be in Cwrt Mawr... Could get messy :/

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Raven said:
DoPo said:
Raven said:
DoPo said:
Bloody hell, you must be like my age then 25? Gonna be in Cwrt Mawr... Could get messy :/
Nah, I'm 23. And Cwrt Mawr is fine, one of the best uni accommodation. I was in Penbryn myself in my first year. It sucked hard.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
DoPo said:
Nah, I'm 23. And Cwrt Mawr is fine, one of the best uni accommodation. I was in Penbryn myself in my first year. It sucked hard.
I forget how old people are supposed to be haha. Oh I'm quite pleased with it. Although they have turned our bar into an office.... Da fuq is that about?

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Raven said:
DoPo said:
I forget how old people are supposed to be haha. Oh I'm quite pleased with it. Although they have turned our bar into an office.... Da fuq is that about?
Really? Woah, I've totally missed that. Not that I swing by it often but still.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
DoPo said:
Raven said:
Well they only just announced it, having changed it over the summer... I'm guessing the Union can get pretty busy at times, but now you probably don't stand much of a chance of grabbing a sofa to chill on :/

Anyway, what's good in the area? Pubs, clubs, coffee shops, food places etc?

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Raven said:
DoPo said:
Raven said:
Well they only just announced it, having changed it over the summer... I'm guessing the Union can get pretty busy at times, but now you probably don't stand much of a chance of grabbing a sofa to chill on :/

Anyway, what's good in the area? Pubs, clubs, coffee shops, food places etc?
Well, Why Not is a shithole of a club but apparently a popular one. I'm also not much into clubs. For pubs, I like Scholars, Ship and Castle and Rummers. But there are 50 or so pubs, so you do have a choice. Coffee shops...I don't really know. I get my caffeine from energy drinks and the university vending machines. The one next to B23 (in the big room under the geography tower) can be accessed 24 hours. It makes me sad that I know this, but it's almost like a best friend of mine, supporting me through out those allnighters. As for food - there is Subway, if you're into that, also McDonalds and KFC but I've never been a fan of theirs for some reason. There is Domino's Pizza but the real beauty is Hollywood Pizza - it's near the clocktower and they make great pizzas.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
DoPo said:
Well, Why Not is a shithole of a club but apparently a popular one. I'm also not much into clubs. For pubs, I like Scholars, Ship and Castle and Rummers. But there are 50 or so pubs, so you do have a choice. Coffee shops...I don't really know. I get my caffeine from energy drinks and the university vending machines. The one next to B23 (in the big room under the geography tower) can be accessed 24 hours. It makes me sad that I know this, but it's almost like a best friend of mine, supporting me through out those allnighters. As for food - there is Subway, if you're into that, also McDonalds and KFC but I've never been a fan of theirs for some reason. There is Domino's Pizza but the real beauty is Hollywood Pizza - it's near the clocktower and they make great pizzas.
Cool, I shall mark those pubs on my map! Have you been there only as a post-grad or did you also do you Bachelors there?

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Raven said:
DoPo said:
Cool, I shall mark those pubs on my map! Have you been there only as a post-grad or did you also do you Bachelors there?
I'm actually still an undergrad. I'm on a 4 year MEng course. Yeah, you could say I also did my Bachelor's here.