So Escapist, who inspires you?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think any person in general inspires me.

It's mostly things like good music, movies, comics, and video games that charge up my inspiration gauge.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I don't really have any role models, but the closest people I have as inspiration are J.K. Rowling, my sister and cats.

J.K. Rowling, because I, a budding writer, wish to be as successful. My sister, because she's been helping me through problems I'm having at the moment and she's done really well for herself. Cats, because why wouldn't you be content with a life of "eat, sleep, fart"?

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, roughly in that order.

Oh, did you mean personally? Then Isaac Asimov and Mark Twain.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Well I love the English language, and it's what I'm studying in university, so I'll go with Shakespeare. Love his works, and he was masterful in his use of language.

Xen0n

Sep 21, 2011
Greg Graffin, singer in Bad Religion AND a Ph.D. in evolutionary biology. Really good thoughtworthy lyrics, and d-beat and science. Awesome stuff.

Dave Grohl inspires also me. He is a amazing drummer, and a great guitarist too.

And Carl Sagan, as the OP pointed out. Cosmos really gave me a lot to think about when I first saw it.

And a bunch of other awesome people, but I'm tired. Good night.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
My heros:

Not only was he an excellent general who cared about his men, we was also an excellent president, I would argue the best president EVER in American history.
Favorite quotes:
"Anyone who WANTS to be president is either crazy or an egomaniac."
"We must be ready to dare all for our country. For history does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."

Born with High-functioning Autism, she is an advocate for the Autism community, and says that we need to unleash aspergers and autism in order to allow thier brillent minds to funtion. She is also responsible for creating more humane slaughter practices for the cattle industry, using her autism as a tool.
Favorite Quotes:
"I was differnt, not less."
"If by some magic, autism had been eradicated from the face of the earth, then men would still be socializing in front of a wood fire at the entrance to a cave."

The last gentleman warrior. He was not afraid to fight, but he put the lives of his men above all else. He longed for the day when warfare would be extinguished, and his army (The Army of North Virginia) is still considered one of the best army groups in history. Favorite quotes:
"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."
"True patriotism sometimes requires of men to act exactly contrary, at one period, to that which it does at another, and the motive which impels them, the desire to do right, is precisely the same."
"I cannot consent to place in the control of others one who cannot control himself."

Dispite his bad rep due to the massive amount of money he had and his fierce business practices, Carnegie was the origional billionare philanthropist, giving away millions over the course of his life to universities, libraries, schools, and much more. Favorite quotes:
"Anything in life worth having is worth working for."
"A man should spend the first 1/3 of his life learning all he can, the next 1/3 making all the money he can, and the last 1/3 finding a way to give that money away, for a man who dies rich dies ashamed."
"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do."

One of the best Scientist of all time. Need I say more? The fact he may have had autism as well helps. Favorite quotes:
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathimatics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
"I am an adherent of the ideal of democracy, although I well know the weaknesses of the democratic form of government."

German rocket scientist who helped with the Saturn V rockets with NASA. He was a massive supporter of space exploration, and eventually, colonization. Favorite quotes:
"Don't tell me that man doesn't belong out there. Man belongs wherever he wants to go ? and he'll do plenty well when he gets there."
"They challenge science to prove the existence of God. But must we really light a candle to see the sun?"
"Science does not have a moral dimension. It is like a knife. If you give it to a surgeon or a murderer, each will use it differently."
"Basic research is when I am doing what I don't know what I am doing."

Yes...George W. Bush....laugh all you want. Call me an idiot all you want. It will not change the fact that dispite him being a sub-par president, he was an excellent human being and I admire how he stuck to his guns no matter what anyone said of him, and I greatly admire his patriotism. Favorite Quotes:
"I can hear you, the rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."
"The world must know that this administration will not blink in the face of danger, and will not tire when it comes to completing the missions that we said we would do."
"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."
"Sometimes, words have consequences you don't intend them to mean."

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Unfortunately as an introvert I have never been inspired by anyone but myself... A lot of people have done stuff I am impressed with, but due to being an introvert, I have never drawn direct inspiration from it... :/ I just don't know how it feels! I draw my energy to do well from inside!

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
There's this homeless guy I used to see on a busy street in a blue suit who tried to kick moving cars.

That guy has guts.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Gotta be Guthrie.

Dude's one of the most versatile players of his generation, with absolutely mental chops and incredible phrasing. Listening to Erotic Cakes or the Aristocrats makes me pick up a guitar every time just because of how inspirational the guy is. And he's humble and hilarious too, in response to being told that guitar greats were calling him the best guitarist in the world he replied, "That's good, I paid them handsomely to say that."

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
As I have on my Facebook's inspirational people section which allows fictional people, Barney Stinson and Darth Sidious, and maybe Gaius Baltar.