So, Escapist, why're YOU not sleeping right now? PART 2!

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
It's now 6:45 am and the guy I was cuddling with is sleeping but I can't seem to fall asleep. I'm going to be a very groggy lady in the daylight.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
In Australia its 6:49...pm, so I am not going to bed for a long time, since its a Saturday and its mu only sleep in tommorow!

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
5:46 here in winnipeg, and this is my third attempt to reset my sleep schedule in the past week (EVO 2011 really messed me up, hehe)

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
I dunno, I think most people browsing these forums aren't supposed to be in bed... It's just you. And obviously a few others.

I for one am not sleeping because it's only 9:30pm... I don't feel like going to before before midnight usually.

Also, "TL;DR" is used far too often. You do know what it means, right? It just doesn't make sense in the contexts many people use it in.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
7 in the morning here. I'm up because I can't go back to sleep. What woke me up though was some really loud truck.

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
Because it's not late. Just sitting on the computer waiting for it to get late so i can go to sleep...
Sigh...hurry up.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
....I had a nightmare about the Endermen >.> Funny it's the first video game nightmare I've ever had. Besides a Crash Bandicoot vision that actually was a track from Nitro Kart that wasn't made yet.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
as there a people on here from all over the world in different time zones something like this doesn't really work. either way, it's nearly 1pm so it's good i'm awake

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
5:42am and up after a two hour nap.

A dream that left me feeling paranoid woke me up and now mom constantly hocking loogies (or trying to, she doesn't actually have a runny nose) is keeping me from falling back to sleep. There is only one person online that I know in my MMO Of The Moment, and they're busy having private time (again) with someone and unwilling to do anything else until they go to bed. I've tried to play Minecraft, but have always had trouble keeping interested in open sandbox games, and Torchlight and Hellgate:London have hit that point where it feels more repetitive than fun.

So... I'm poking around these forums, checking out movies to drown out the gross choking noises in the next room over, and bored up to my hairline.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
At the moment it is 13:07 p.m here in Britain, but I stayed up late last night because I decided I wanted to go on a South Park binge. I have been trying to watch all the seasons back to back. I am currently finishing up on season 5 and will be starting season 6 once I have finished watching Butter's very own episode, even though Butters irks me somewhat. I am waiting for Randy to turn into the lovable drunk I have come to know him as. Sorry for rambling...

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
weeellll. I'm a little late. its technically dawn where I live, but I have yet to sleep a wink.

Too busy reading MLP fanfics. On a Cross and Arrow is the best.
Next on the list? attend a wedding in... 6 hours. I got this...

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
Well, it's now 0452, and if you must know I was attempting to beat the mod, Portal: Prelude. Since I'm not doing anything else at this godforsaken hour, I might as well ***** about this mod for a bit. And yes, I did manage to beat it.

1. First off, the point of Portal is to see an area that seems to be impassable and then figure out how to get through using portals. It's a puzzle. In Prelude, the way is usually evident, it's just that actually doing it is a pain. You have to exploit little physics details in the game just to fling yourself just exactly right. If your portal placement isn't dead perfect, you'll be doing the same jump for hours. It was less of a puzzle game and more of a Nintendo Hard twitchy game. Still, if you think you're good at Portal, and I do mean really good, then sure, try it.

2. The voice acting is horrible. The guys who made it were French and didn't speak hardly any English. But for some reason, they wanted the spoken language in the game to be English. Did they use the magic of the internet to ask a few people who speak English to read the lines? Nope, they typed the French lines into a speech translator, and used what came out. The result is that the humans sound more robotic than GLaDOS. Oh, and speaking of GLaDOS:

3. The end fight with her is ridiculous. First you have to find her morality core and install it. you have to dodge more rocket turrets than I could count to get there. Oh yeah and Manhacks. GLaDOS now has Half Life 2 Manhacks. Really?! She can whip you around the room with telekinesis, shoot laser beams at you and send out circular laser thingies on the floor. She has Manhacks in there too. This fight is set to a Chemical Brothers track, which made it feel more like a rave than a boss battle. Well, come to think of it; what with the spinning, lights and laser show, maybe it really was a rave.

This really was an ambitious mod, and a lot of the set pieces are great. It just didn't seem like it was playtested enough. It must have taken a lot of work to make it, and it's just sort of a shame that with just a few extra steps it could've been really good.

It is now 0546. I'm up at this hour because I had to beat Portal: Prelude, and then complain about it on the internet. Sort of a weird meta-reason for being up at this point.