So Gangnam Style has just become the most watched video in the world...

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
At the time of writing this post, Gangnam Style music video has 803,761,928 views, whereas Justin Bieber's "Baby" music video (the previous #1 video) has 803,658,345 views, meaning we now have a new most watched video on the internet.

Your thoughts? Are you happier about the owner of the number 1 spot? Do you even like Gangnam Style?

EDIT:

Gangnam Style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Justin Bieber - Baby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
I'm happy.

It's not the best music video I've ever seen. It's not the best song. It's not the funniest video. However, it knows it. It's entertainment in it's purest form - catchy, pointless, ridiculous and fully aware of itself. I absolutely love it.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
as a liker of the song, this is good news to me. hell, it's better than JB being up there, buuuuut each to their own, i guess.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I like it so I guess this is good... wonder if it'll be the first YouTube video to reach 1 billion views?

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I was out partying yesterday, when suddenly Gangnam Style came on.
The room figuratively exploded, everyone was going completely mad with ecstasy.
So yeah, I believe the song deserves the fame.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I generally enjoy watching garbage, B movies and terrible Youtube videos that make no sense at all and such, but this is something else. The choreography is awful, I have no idea what he's saying, the guy looks like a total asshole, I could go on.

People I know, however think the video is funny. How is it funny?

The guy is worldwide famous though so good for him.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
It's a great song, so yeah, it should be the most watched video in the world, especially if it's beating out Bieber.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well it's a song (and video) that I really like opposed to one that I don't so, yeah I think it's a good thing.

And Desert Bus has it in my head again after all the various times they Gangnam'd normally and all the remixes of it that were played during one of the many challenges

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Firstly, well, we don't see too much K pop. One massive K pop song to counter the general lack of interest in Korea's music by the world at large seems reasonable.

Secondly...anyone else think the Doctor should edit the video to put a subliminal message in? Cause, if it's the most watched video and all...

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
People having babies! Every year there is more people in this world! It is only a matter of time before another video gets even more views!! We are living in a crisis!!

IrenIvy

Mar 15, 2011
There is that Deadpool's take on Gangnam Style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-tWlETq8w) that I greatly enjoy to watch :)
So yeah, I'm pretty happy for that song :)

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Tony said:
wombat_of_war said:
k pop goes world wide. funny how its a video and song dissing fake people when alot of them are blindly bopping to it not having a clue what it means
Really? The song isn't about dissing fake people, it's about the type of girl PSY wants in his life (Wild but elegant) and how great Korea is. (Particularly, the Gangnam district)
Not quite. The whole thing is a parody of people from outside the elite Gangnam district who say they're "Gangnam style" and look ridiculous. Hence the whole "dress classy dance silly" thing.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
wombat_of_war said:
k pop goes world wide. funny how its a video and song dissing fake people when alot of them are blindly bopping to it not having a clue what it means
This . If only people took the time to look up what the song is ACTUALLY about we wouldn't get comments like :

Wintermute said:
I generally enjoy watching garbage, B movies and terrible Youtube videos that make no sense at all and such, but this is something else. The choreography is awful, I have no idea what he's saying, the guy looks like a total asshole, I could go on.

People I know, however think the video is funny. How is it funny?

The guy is worldwide famous though so good for him.
*Hint* it's a parody .

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010

Does anybody still remember this? If I remember correct, it held the "most viewed" status on youtube for a while. I like it much more than gangnam style.

Anyway, slightly more OT. I wonder if the guy who wrote gangnam style (I don't know his name) expected the song to explode into what it is today.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
Memes gonna selfpropagate.

Anyway could be worse... Justin Beiber could still be the most watched video! Dark times for our civilization indeed.