So here's the plan...

CaseClosed343

Dec 2, 2011
Well, in a couple of weeks I'm getting a fancy new gaming comp, and one of the games I'm planning to buy is Borderlands 2. That being said, it's now on sale for 66% off and I'm excited to finally be able to play it. however, my current computer has no chance of running the thing.

So if I buy the game now but don't install it, will I able to install it on my new computer later? (talking about steam)

Discussion value: What do you do before you buy a game, do you try to learn the basic mechanics,everything about it, or nothing at all? No matter how hard I try, I always end up learning every single fact of the game before I play it. It's not bad, but I kind of wish I could experience playing Minecraft for the first time knowing absolutely nothing about it.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
CaseClosed343 said:
Well, in a couple of weeks I'm getting a fancy new gaming comp, and one of the games I'm planning to buy is Borderlands 2. That being said, it's now on sale for 66% off and I'm excited to finally be able to play it. however, my current computer has no chance of running the thing.

So if I buy the game now but don't install it, will I able to install it on my new computer later? (talking about steam)

Discussion value: What do you do before you buy a game, do you try to learn the basic mechanics,everything about it, or nothing at all? No matter how hard I try, I always end up learning every single fact of the game before I play it. It's not bad, but I kind of wish I could experience playing Minecraft for the first time knowing absolutely nothing about it.
yep i own alot of games through steam uninstalled.:) go buy it and be done w it.lol

It depends w bioshock infinite i kept myself blissfully ignorant and it paid off.:D

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I usually watch some reviews and gameplay before buying the thing but other than that nothing much.
Sometimes of course, I walk into a store and see a game, pick it up, look at the back and decide, let's go for it!

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
I also have a plan. I find plans to be useful. Would you like to know my plan? Here is my plan:

Over the coming two weeks, I'm going to devote an inordinate amount of time to stalking one elderly person randomly selected along my daily commute to work. This must be a person that I would normally observe and/or encounter during this specific time frame.

Did I mention that I am going to stalk them? Gender is not a concern. I will follow them home. I will ensure that they catch glimpses of me from the corner of their eyes. Sometimes I will hold eye contact and smile disconcertingly. My starting time at work is really quite flexible these days, so I will certainly be able to find the time to undertake such an undertaking.

Why would I do such a thing, I imagine you asking? I want to make the person love me. I want them to need me, and come to view me as a surrogate grandchild, if not a guardian angel of sorts. I expect that, eventually, I will even be accepted into their family. The stalking will not cease until this happens.

This is my plan.

Good day.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Yeah, you'll just need to go through the new computer access for Steam.

Takes all of 2 seconds.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
I usually refrain from watching videos etc. from games i want to buy. Unless there's an internet uproar about something like Alien blabla Mareeenz i buy games that intrigue me.

Good example: I tried to stay away from all the ME3 stuff, because in terms of what good and bad in gaming the internet can blow me. But the uproar was so big, i never even bought ME3 in the first place because i got stuff spoilered in threads/articles which had nothing to do with ME3 in the first place.
And i was friggin crazy on ME1 and played through it 10 times or something. It's still my favorite series of games in the last decade or so.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Normally, I only look up a few reviews from more respected journalists. This gives me a sense of where the game is at at completion while minimizing overexposure to spoilers and some of the more impressive gameplay features. I may look up a few user reviews from the three different branches (Positive, Neutral, Negative) on Metacritic, but these are comparatively untrustworthy, especially with controversial games like the latest Call of Duty or Mass Effect 3. Outside of that, I try to know as little as I can about the game prior to buying it, though I do tend to keep an eye on the more interesting games just out of curiosity.

Daft Time

Apr 15, 2013
CaseClosed343 said:

Yeah, you guy buy it on Steam and install the game on any machine you want. You'll need to authorise the new computer to use your Steam account (they just email you a key to the address you gave them). To start the process, just try to log in from a new computer. Pretty easy, all things considered.

Also, the Borderlands games are actually pretty easy to run on low-end machines. I can play the first (I can't remember if I tried with the second) on this laptop, which does have a dedicated graphics card and a low-end dual core CPU. Admittedly, I have to turn everything down but it's pretty easy to do.

When I buy a game I watch any previews that come out that look interesting until I think I'll enjoy the game, then I stop watching or reading anything about it. Usually I'm only interested in narrative driven games, so once they've shown me an interesting premise and competent mechanics I don't want anything else spoiled. I then wait a little while after the release, if I'm determined to play it early that is, and get the general feel for how it's doing in the reviews. I don't actually read the reviews, I just try to get a feel for what people are thinking.

CaseClosed343

Dec 2, 2011
Thanks, everybody! I just purchased the game and I'm really excited to be playing it soon, might even try to play it on this computer too!