So... how about that Rick and Morty Episode

shadoe14

Feb 27, 2012
So... Rick and Morty season 3 happened.
http://nerdist.com/adult-swims-april-fool-is-streaming-a-new-rick-and-morty-episode/

discuss?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I half thought it was a joke when I first heard about it. But I thought I'd at least see the joke they were playing. Turns out it was true! Holy shit! Didn't expect that one.

And what an episode. We returned to the Cronenberged universe, saw the Council of Ricks, Rick escaped prison, and Bird-Person was even revived. All true. Don't believe me? Check the site.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Man, this was a fantastic Episode! It also had several sad moments, especially when it came to Jerry. This just makes me look forward to Season 3 even more!

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Boo I wanted Samurai Jack but...I...I've never seen Rick and Morty before and it was funny.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I've been waiting a long time for new Rick and Morty, and I was not disappointed. Not sure if they'll be showing more episodes next week, though.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
MrBoBo said:
God dam trolls.
There's no troll. They are legitimately streaming the first episode of Season 3 in an endless loop on their website. I don't know why they decided to do that as a April Fool's joke, but it's the best joke ever.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Saltyk said:
MrBoBo said:
God dam trolls.
There's no troll. They are legitimately streaming the first episode of Season 3 in an endless loop on their website. I don't know why they decided to do that as a April Fool's joke, but it's the best joke ever.
Because no one would believe it. That and, no Samurai Jack tonight. They're annoying the shit out of everyone by repeating it.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
9 more seasons Morty!!

Fuck yes. I am so damn psyched for this season... wish Venture Bros. would hurry up and finish their next season as well... damn...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm stupid link making me think it was 3 hours long!

Still, a nice April Fools on us!

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Kingjackl said:
They're too good. It's making everyone else look bad.
Screw everyone else. Rick and Morty forever!
What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall at McDonalds' social media department right now.

There was one downside to this, which is no Samurai Jack/Dragon Ball Super this week. But I suppose it's thematic that the two sequels to old shows have to make way for the big new show.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
The best april fools ever. Doing the unexpected and actually releasing a new episode. xD

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
That was a great premiere. All the references were perfect. I especially liked the call back to the first episode where he goes off on Morty about their adventures, but this time it is about the szechuan(sp?) sauce, haha.

Phoenix person, yes. I want to know if Squanchy is still alive, and he likely is, he's got too much squanch for the bugs to handle, am I right?

Good stuff, can't wait for the rest.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I thought the ending of last season was great, and then they completely undid everything except for Jerry. Feels like a reset button

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
trunkage said:
I thought the ending of last season was great, and then they completely undid everything except for Jerry. Feels like a reset button
This season premiere was originally going to be the 2nd part of a two-part finale for the second season; it was foregone that it would right pretty much every cliffhanger. When the creators decided to delay the resolution and save it for the 3rd season, they had to invent a new episode (the Purge parody one) to bulk up the count for the season. It's no coincidence that that episode is so weak.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
sanquin said:
The best april fools ever. Doing the unexpected and actually releasing a new episode. xD
I don't know...

Adult Swim's 2012 April Fool's prank was probably the best in my book. You guys remember that one right? "The night no 90s kid slept", when they brought back Toonami for one night and paved the way for Toonami being here now?