So, how do you sit?

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
This is game related but kinda not at the same time. Mod move if you feel it needs to.

So fellow Escapists; how do you sit? While playing I mean.

Do you use a gaming chair? Recliner, couch, on the floor, on a few boxes piled up with a pillow? How is your sitting arrangement when you go to game? I understand this might be more for consoles and handhelds since most PC users probably have a comfy computer chair but figured I'd ask anyway.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
However I can. Usually upright in a computer chair as I am primarily a PC gamer these days but when I pull out my Gameboy, all bets are off. I was that kid from those 90's shows who played with his Gameboy leaning over a bed upside down... <.<

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I game on console and PC the exact same way. Laying stomach down on my comfy bed. I sit in an office chair for ten hours, four days a week. I rather lie down when playing games.

thoughtwrangler

Sep 29, 2014
On the rare occasion I can play a console, I like to sit on a yoga ball. It's super comfy, it keeps me at the right level to see everything, and I can be as close or as far as I need. Plus, bouncing during pivotal moments is pretty fun.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Often with one leg folded under me. It gets uncomfortable after a while, and if I keep it like that for too long without thinking, I'll get a cramp. That's when I'm playing games.

If I'm on the train or in an interview or something, I'll sit with one leg crossed over the other, because it looks suave as fuck.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
I used to have a big comfy, leather chair, that could swivel for playing my xbox360.
nowadays I have a reclining sofa chair, the kind with the leg rest that comes up. Don't have an xbox anymore though which is a shame but I do enjoy playing some games on my laptop.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
When I'm at the family home, cross-legged on my bed where all my consoles are. In my actual house I take over the couch: I either play sitting cross-legged on the couch or leaning forward in concentration.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
I have this neat hybrid rocking chair that I bounce between reclined and rocking depending on how focused I am.

I also have a folding table with a pillow that I use as an elbow rest for my left arm.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Have this really nice recliner. The hard part was finding one that didn't rock, cause I find it annoying as fuck while playing.

For a while I use to just sit/lay on a mattress, but that really started bothering my back.

BadNewDingus

Sep 3, 2014
I have a terrible habit of sitting with one foot tucked under my other leg while playing games. I should quit doing it because it just hurts after a while and bad for that foot.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
My default position is what I'd call 'Mermaid position'. You know legs together folded neatly on my left side. ^^

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Er, in an office chair that reclines a bit?

I usually have one leg, the left if you're curious, either folded under my right thigh, or folded the other direction.

I'm pretty sure this is ruining my left knee, but it's my default comfort zone.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
I sit upright with my legs crossed underneath me with a pillow on my lap upon which sits my laptop, unless there's a foot rest in front of me of course.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Alcom1 said:
Oh god, I had a chair like that during one of my years in Uni but in saying so the bed was literally right behind the chair (to hell to whoever arrange that way and bolted it down the bed)!

OT- I have a office chair but it has served me well since all that ever matter to me when it come to a chair is it got to have an adjustable back so I can lead back more!

In saying so however I tend to sit more forward when it come to pc gaming as the games I tend to played as intense like. Granted when I played on my 3DS, I do lend back on it.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
This has actually been some interesting reading. Myself I tend to sit on my bed with an armchair pillow when on the laptop while sitting on a recliner or up against another chair if someone is taking the recliner at that moment.

Reason I asked this in the first place is because my brother has to replace his gaming chair and it got me thinking about how other people sit when they game.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
I have a stiff backed chair, and I try to sit upright to help my posture; I don't want to be one of those old men with a stoop. However, I often forget and find myself leaning forward.

revjor said:
God, I really dislike this squat. I see it everywhere. I've seen women in amazing dresses and high heels squatting in the street, totally unattractive

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Like an extravagant lady of victorian suppressed class! But not in frightful company and just gaming, mixture between crossed legged until the desire to change. Or reclined in slouch mode until the desire to change. The desire is often.

CAPTCHA: Slow down. Sigh. I know, captcha. I know.

Mar 30, 2010
If it's something like an online competitive match then hunched over on the edge of my seat (literally). If it's a laid-back singleplayer experience then splayed out over as much of my corner sofa as I can manage.