So, how do you think we are going to beat the reapers at the end of mass effect 3?

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Let's look at the odds: (me 1 and 2 spoilers)

A single reaper had weapons that burned through the toughest council ship in seconds.
Had almost impossible to penetrate shields.
Ridiculously tough armor.
Was larger than any ship in the galaxy.
Nearly destroyed the entire council fleet.
Took the whole citadel fleet as well as commander shepard fighting it's avatar as well as citadel defenses to bring it down.

Now in mass effect 3, there's thousands of these things.

The only way for bioware to write for shepard to beat them is with a convenient as-of-yet-unseen-anti-reaper-plot-device. OR by suddenly making the reapers weaker for a reason that they won't explain but that bioware's moronic fans will just absorb anyway and continue to praise them for their great story telling abilities.

So what do you guys think will happen?

Just to give some scale of what we are up against:

This:

Times 1000000

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
simple: shephard waves his bollocks (EDIT: or tits) at the reaper, gets shot with a laser and then wanks all over them. the reaper decides to fuck off until we get less weird.

or a trillion nukes.

EDIT: or, i agree, a super-macguffin.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
Deus ex machina.

Or possibly the destruction of a "commander" reaper, thereby shutting down or handicapping every other reaper.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I hate to say it, but I suspect the final solution will be a bit deus ex machina-y.

EDIT: Ninjas everywhere!

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
Well, if ME2 is any indication, the reapers ar BLOODY FUCKING IDIOTIC. So Shep will put on a comical shrub on the normandy, sneak up to their ships and throw grenades in their equivalent of the death star exhaust.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
You know,there's a reason why BioWare made it possible to LOSE to the Reapers at the end of ME3.BTW,I don't even know why I'm commenting on this thread,I'm not a fan of ME at all.Played the 2nd one a bit,thought it was shit.Kthxbai
Oh,and yeah...Deus Ex Machina...-.-
look it up...no,it's not related to the Deus Ex game series...everyone else said it,so therefore I have to say it too...fuck off...

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
The reapers are Incomprehensively moronic so I presume he will just do a really good magic trick and that will confuse them into submission. Also seeing as they are completely incompetent It wouldn't take much to defeat them.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
A BIG EXPLOSION!!!

Or something along those lines. Just a big, fat [and now they're ALL dead] device.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Well Sovereign was probably alot stronger than other Reapers, not saying that the other Reapers will be weak and they will definately be stronger than all other ships but like as strong as like 5-10 capitals not the whole fleet. That with some deus ex machina or super macguffin will probably save the day.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
...but that bioware's moronic fans will just absorb anyway and continue to praise them for their great story telling abilities.
Somehow I missed this particular bit of bile on the first reading.

So tell me Cupcake, what are you a fan of?

Halceon said:
Well, if ME2 is any indication, the reapers ar BLOODY FUCKING IDIOTIC. So Shep will put on a comical shrub on the normandy, sneak up to their ships and throw grenades in their equivalent of the death star exhaust.
Amphoteric said:
The reapers are Incomprehensively moronic so I presume he will just do a really good magic trick and that will confuse them into submission. Also seeing as they are completely incompetent It wouldn't take much to defeat them.
Okay, let's hear it. What exactly did the reapers do that makes them so stupid?

Because I'm not seeing it.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
He will stop them by dressing up in one of Liara's thongs and doing a karaoke version of "It's Raining Men" and dad dancing on the Citadel.

The reapers, being unable to process what the hell it is they are witnessing, will all explode.

Shepard saves the day and spends the rest of the game trying to convince his team to never tell anyone what he did while trying to get Tali to delete it off her phone.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Zhukov said:
Amphoteric said:

The whole plot of mass effect 2.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I'm guessing that Sovereign was a special case, and that not all reapers are identical.

Also, the thing you guys are forgetting is that part of the reason why Sovereign was so difficult to kill was because he had the element of surprise on his side. If an organized fleet came up against him with time to prepare, then the tide of battle may have been quite different.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Amphoteric said:
Zhukov said:
Amphoteric said:

The whole plot of mass effect 2.
Come on now, that's a cop-out answer and you know it. Give me some specifics.

Rawne1980 said:
He will stop them by dressing up in one of Liara's thongs and doing a karaoke version of "It's Raining Men" and dad dancing on the Citadel.

The reapers, being unable to process what the hell it is they are witnessing, will all explode.

Shepard saves the day and spends the rest of the game trying to convince his team to never tell anyone what he did while trying to get Tali to delete it off her phone.
Heh. That is... suspiciously exact. Do I detect a seed of personal experience in there somewhere?

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
I_am_a_Spoon said:
Deus ex machina.

Or possibly the destruction of a "commander" reaper, thereby shutting down or handicapping every other reaper.
This probably. The reapers, much like the Geth are likely connected by a Hivemind controlled by a central Mega-overlord-reaper that will be destroyed

OR shepard uses his incredible dance skills to seduce a female reaper and have the most destructive and chafing sex scene ever