So how is the gay marriage ruling going to impact you?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Since I don't live in the US, it won't change anything for me.

Still can't marry another girl, not that I'm likely to marry anyway, but still.
Is it likely I would?
Eh. I'm bisexual, so anything's possible, but... Not really, no.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I'm gay now.

Somehow, the ruling just turned me gay, I can't explain it.

This is a joke it's not actually impacting me at all

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
It's terrible, they're forcing me to marry a man even though I don't want to.

Wait, what do you mean that same sex marriage hasn't been made mandatory?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ive long believed that those who are attracted to the same sex deserved the rights of those of us who are not. that said still don't think it should be called marriage as that word is steeped heavily in religion, most of which are against same sex couples.

Still a nice step in the right direction.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
San Martin said:
this authoritarian and antidemocratic decision is quiwte likely to bring down GODS judgement on America and i think the apocalypse is gonna pretty fucking directly effect ALL of us!!!!!
not our place to decide what is right or wrong in this. Judge not least ye be judged and all.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Personally not very much since i am neither gay nor a citizen of the usa.
I do hope that the decision pushes us in germany over the edge to finally legalise gay mariage completely. We sort of have a fake gay mariage here. It's called registered Partnership and provides some of the same legal advantages that mariage brings. Not as much, though so it would be nice to finally get that fully on it's way. The major problem here is that the strongest party here in Germany is against fully legalizing gay marriage. It's called the Christian democtratic Party, so go figure.
It's kind of frustrating really, we don't have that much support for that parties policies here but Angela Merkel is part of that party and people here like her so much.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Dango said:
I'm gay now.

Somehow, the ruling just turned me gay, I can't explain it.

This is a joke it's not actually impacting me at all
I know how you feel. I woke up on Friday and realized that my marriage no longer existed. I'm just waiting for my new gay spouse to be appointed for me and my (former) wife. I mean, we're still living together and our relationship hasn't changed, but apparently our marriage just stopped existing on Friday morning. Tis quite sad.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
San Martin said:
this authoritarian and antidemocratic decision is quiwte likely to bring down GODS judgement on America and i think the apocalypse is gonna pretty fucking directly effect ALL of us!!!!!
That's why some of us have been putting our money into bottle caps and/or clean pre-war bullets. Always be prepared.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
The only way it has affected me was on palm to facebook.
someone posted a meme with Obama and a bald eagle, basically promoting the topic.
I said 'gold eagle is better in my opinion but fair play america'
the response I got was 'but do you agree with it?'

seriously though I dunno why it hasn't happened sooner.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
According to Bryan Fischer, of the American Family Association, the Supreme Court has forced America into sodomy.

So I guess there will be a lot more federally mandated butt sex. I am not opposed to this.

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/government/rainbow-jihadists-of-scotus/#.VY2Ttdd9rM8.twitter
Oh! I thought I felt something in my ass today... go figure.

OT: not at all. The ruling made me quite happy, though. If for no other reason than that it made some bigots squirm. Fuck 'em.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Nicodemus said:
hazydawn said:
I'm a misanthrope and a cynic.
Well bully for you, but I don't really care to get into a discussion about your angst and unhappiness, or youth and inexperience with life.
Great, just don't say "retard" and you can go about your business being unhappy with life and people in it, and you can pretend I don't exist.
Fine, I'm dismissing your naive, inexperienced, optimistic worldview just the same way. And I'll continue to use the word "retard" in any form I desire when I desire, of course. I don't understand why I'd need to pretend you don't exist, but whatever. You bore me. And just as you, I don't feel like discussing this with you.

NeutralStasis

Sep 23, 2014
It will cost me money :p I will need to buy wedding gifts for my friends that could not be married before....but also might mean that I will be at more receptions with open bars. Otherwise, it does not directly impact me.

Vorlayn

Jun 3, 2010
I'm glad it finally happened-but think the outrage is absolutely silly. Nobody will force church marriages down anyone's throats, only state marriages are impacted. And besides, the whole 'one man, one woman' thing is not biblical anyway. How many wives did Lamech have? Or Moses? Or Jacob? Or Solomon? Or Esau?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Vorlayn said:
I'm glad it finally happened-but think the outrage is absolutely silly. Nobody will force church marriages down anyone's throats, only state marriages are impacted. And besides, the whole 'one man, one woman' thing is not biblical anyway. How many wives did Lamech have? Or Moses? Or Jacob? Or Solomon? Or Esau?
Shhh!!! Don't provide contradictory examples of non-traditional marriages from the bible!! There are people religiousizing over here! They don't want to hear your....logical evidence that refutes them!! Away with you!

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Well, I'm like 99% sure I'm not going to wind up marrying a man anyway (being as there's been like... one guy who ever even made me question my heterosexuality, and that was a substitute teacher in high-school who was only there for a day. Haven't seen him since), and the only gay people I know already lived in states where it was legal, so nothing really changes for me.

This is going to be one hell of a year in the history books though. Christopher Lee, Leonard Nemoy, the confederate flag stuff related to a church shooting (and now several church burnings), gay marriage legalization, entering into a new mass extinction event (or rather, we may be dangerously soon. The studies were just published this/last year), and the 2015 presidential race (of note so far, Trump's hilariously bad opening speech), and what may be the rebirth of Star Wars. And that's just what I remember off the top of my head from the last few months (and upcoming Christmas).

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Dynast Brass said:
Happyninja42 said:
Vorlayn said:
Shhh!!! Don't provide contradictory examples of non-traditional marriages from the bible!! There are people religiousizing over here! They don't want to hear your....logical evidence that refutes them!! Away with you!
If it's in the bible, isn't that about as traditional as it gets? A biblical tradition to be exact.

Not the fault of the mad sunburned "prophets" of the deserts through the years, that they didn't foresee a time when their words wold be used only as the bigoted reasoning of a *fat, venal, balding son of donkey whore in a black robes.

*Antonin "Strike Him Down Lord" Scalia
Oh I know, I just find the whole thing funny, and couldn't resist making the comment. xD