So how would you feel if George Lucas died?

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Neutral really. If episodes 1, 2, and 3 were never made that I would be sad, but after jarjar, he needs to choke on a spoon.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Having just recently rewatched the Red Letter Media reviews for shits and giggles, I think I might rejoice at that news. There is nothing left of the man I loved back in the late nineties.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
I don't think I'd feel much to be honest. Sure he made some greatmovies years ago and helped redefine cinema more than almost any other director. However he hasn't done anything particularly interesting in recent years and he'd hardly be a young life cut short either.I'm not happy when anyone dies but there are too many creative people who die in their prime for me to get bent out of shape over Lucas.

the.gill123

Jun 12, 2011
I feel saddened by that video because it show only one thing, that young man in the video IS dead, he died in the mid 90s and a money hungry ogre took over his body. I used to love watching Willow as a kid and American Graffiti is what made me love the 50s (so did Christine) and Star Wars is what got me into Science Fiction.

So Younger George Lucas has done a lot for me but the sad truth is, I don't think I'd feel bad about Lucas dieing, simply because I've already excepted the fact that the Lucas I loved died over a Decade ago.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
He is a guy I don't know and who made films I consider over praised.

Overall, I would have the same reaction I would to any celeb dying ... don't care. I wont be one of those people who suddenly loves the person 'cos they died.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I am sure there would be some Star Wars fans that would roar in approval but I wouldn't really care.
I don't know him or know anyone who knows him.
I am not a fan of Star wars.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
Signa said:
Having just recently rewatched the Red Letter Media reviews for shits and giggles, I think I might rejoice at that news. There is nothing left of the man I loved back in the late nineties.
Oh no, someone made some films that I didn't think were that great. CLEARLY THIS MAN DESERVES DEATH!

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Who's George Lucas?

I wouldn't be to fussed to be honest, star wars wasn't my generation and I've never gotten into the star wars thing...

Some people may find this blasphemous A NERD/GEEK NOT LIKING STAR WARS yeah well i really don't :/ just never seemed that amazing to me growing up i'm 23 so never experienced the "golden age" of star wars.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Sutter Cane said:
Signa said:
Oh no, someone made some films that I didn't think were that great. CLEARLY THIS MAN DESERVES DEATH!
Yes, that is EXACTLY what I meant by that. Not at all that my attitude would be merely uncaring. No sir. Not at all.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
Signa said:
Sutter Cane said:
Signa said:
Yes, that is EXACTLY what I meant by that. Not at all that my attitude would be merely uncaring. No sir. Not at all.
the actual definition of rejoice is "to feel joy or great delight", meaning that if you're rejoicing at his death by definition you care. You don't feel joy or great delight at sht you don't care about, so until you retract that statement you're still saying that you would be oh so happy at the death of the man solely because he made some movies you didn't enjoy, which is pretty reprehensible.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
As some others have said, I would feel the same way as I feel about any celebrity dying. Kinda like 'oh, thats sad. I feel bad for his family.' I mean, I wasn't particularly hot on Tony Scott (yeah, I liked some of his films) but when I heard he'd died I was surprised. And felt bad for his family.

But I wouldn't go mad with grief or anything. Star Wars is probably the most over rated thing ever created, after religion, but then, I feel kinda bad for George because he will be forever lumbered with this god damn behemoth that it has been impossible for him to get away from.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Baldry said:
So yeah, I don't know how I'd feel but I'm just wondering how everyone else would feel if you woke up one day and he was dead?
Very sad.

Questionable movies aside, Lucas has dedicated a large portion of his life, his work and a truly other worldly amount of money to charity. He takes it so far as to ignore his own copyrights where charity work is concerned.

I think Star Wars fans would breath a sigh of relief, but the world would be a bit worse without him.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Sutter Cane said:
Signa said:
Sutter Cane said:
Signa said:
the actual definition of rejoice is "to feel joy or great delight", meaning that if you're rejoicing at his death by definition you care. You don't feel joy or great delight at sht you don't care about, so until you retract that statement you're still saying that you would be oh so happy at the death of the man solely because he made some movies you didn't enjoy, which is pretty reprehensible.
Yes, I'm rejoicing right now at your continued response. No hyperbole at all! No sarcasm either!

Seriously dude, go take your opinion elsewhere, I didn't ask for it. I don't like George because he betrayed my trust and admiration for a chance to pinch my wallet. I will rejoice when I hear that I won't have to suffer through hearing about the next raping of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or any other piece of shit his caustic fingers got into. If his death is a consequence of that event, it won't phase me at all.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Regardless how I feel toward his actual death, the franchise will still carry on without him.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
He stopped making (good) movies. So it won't affect me.

As for how I would feel personally? He is almost 70. Thus if he dies (of old age), it won't have much an impact on me. Not like when Heath Ledger died out of the blue. That was quite a shock.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
Signa said:
Sutter Cane said:
Signa said:
Sutter Cane said:
Signa said:
Yes, I'm rejoicing right now at your continued response. No hyperbole at all! No sarcasm either!

Seriously dude, go take your opinion elsewhere, I didn't ask for it. I don't like George because he betrayed my trust and admiration for a chance to pinch my wallet. I will rejoice when I hear that I won't have to suffer through hearing about the next raping of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or any other piece of shit his caustic fingers got into. If his death is a consequence of that event, it won't phase me at all.
*Posts on a public forum
*gets mad when people call him out on their immature bullshit
*complains about people responding to their posts on a public forum because they "didn't ask for their opinion"

yeah this is why I hate so much of the star wars fanbase. they'll pull shit like wishing death on people for making movies they don't care for, or compare their experiences watching a movie they didn't like to rape, in a public forum and when you point out that that is an immature thing to do suddenly you're the unreasonable one.

You sir are an example of everything that is wrong with modern geek culture, with its tendencies to try to devalue people to a subhuman level for simply failing to entertain them. I mean seriously, when did "This guy makes movies i don't find entertaining, therefore he deserves death" become an acceptable viewpoint to have? Can someone please tell me why that's an acceptable viewpoint to have, because it seems to me that that's a pretty reprehensible viewpoint