So, I found this on the Team Fortress 2 blog/site

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
Don't know how long its been on there, but this might be of interest.

http://www.teamfortress.com/119/comingsoon.html

Edit: Im actually kinda curious as to what you could give the Engineer. Thoughts?

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Cool, hadn't seen that. "It's Your Turn" seems to suggest that the Engy updates may be some tools to get a bit creative. Should be fun.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Makes me wish I played TF2 on Steam. I missed out on all the good things!

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
Yeah, if you have it on the xbox, but have the PC that can handle it: still get it.

All the updates add a hell of a lot more content, not to mention custom maps and stuff.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I wish my PC could handle TF2. I'm stuck with the vastly inferior PS3 version. :(

Jul 9, 2008
Looks interesting. Tell me, did I see wrong, or was that a Sentry Gun Mecha?

EDIT: No, looked again, just a powered down Level 3 Sentry.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
AjimboB said:
maddawg IAJI said:
So buy it on steam, you can get it for $20 (less usually, because Valve has a lot of weekend deals and stuff), and it's well worth the price, even if you already have it on the xbox.
I know, it's just a matter of getting a Steam account. I always tell myself that I should one, but I always end up putting it off until I forget about it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Things I'd like to see:

A slower charging, larger teleport which can teleport more than one person at a time (because watching 3+ people crowd around one teleporter trying to push each other off is just sad)
A dispenser which you could pick up and take with you (Couldn't use any weapons/build anything with it in your hands and it'd have a lower rate of health/weapon regen while carried. Possibly a reduced movespeed while carrying it as well. Basically it's for moving your shit forward/back, not for being a mobile dispenser machine.)
A level 3 Sentry with a higher tracking rate and slightly higher damage (+knockback) bullets but slower rate of fire and no rockets (because DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA)
A new Wrench which might have a greatly reduced melee damage but increases initial build time for buildings (so you can set up sentries/dispensers faster. Don't think it should affect upgrade speed).
Option to swap your pistol and shotgun for a Spy Check building which is a little node which bleeps whenever a spy entires a certain radius. Doesn't increase in frequency the closer the spy gets, just lets you know one is there. Edit: Also takes 3x damage from Sappers, meaning it'd die in 2-3 seconds no matter what level it was.

That last one is probably a bit overpowered, but the new wrench would be sweet~~~

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
AjimboB said:
maddawg IAJI said:
So buy it on steam, you can get it for $20 (less usually, because Valve has a lot of weekend deals and stuff), and it's well worth the price, even if you already have it on the xbox.
at best buy, I got it for $5, I had a 5 off cupon. :) but at Best Buy its normal price for pc is 10, on steam is 20.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I expect people to analyze the hell out of the blueprints on the wall behind the Engine in the hopes of figuring out what new item it could possibly be. (edit: seems I was right and rightly beaten to it)

Still though this is a pretty neat vid and it's good to have a timeframe of sorts even though "soon" by Valve standards could mean anything from a couple months to a year. As to whether or not we'll get a new Meet the Team vid I say we will since they have two more to give us while this is the final class update.

Apr 28, 2008
Soylent Bacon said:
Well, it's pretty obvious we saw two new tools in that trailer (hammer and welder). Anyone notice any little easter eggs in the background? I haven't seen anything too revealing.

edit: Ooh, I saw a dispenser replacement to the left of the level 1 sentry. I can't wait for this, and I can't wait for the next Meet the Team vid (if one comes out this time!)
Indeed. I want Meet the Medic!

OT: Epic. Can't wait.

Here's hoping for something that speeds up build times.

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
marter said:
I wish my PC could handle TF2. I'm stuck with the vastly inferior PS3 version. :(
How bad is your PC? I have a 7 year old PC with seriously outdated specs and it can handle TF2 decently. I mean, I have 1 GB RAM and a Geforce 5600 FX graphics card! Thank goodness Valve optimizes their games.

Back on topic, alright, it's about time the Engineer got his update! However, according to Valve time, "coming soon" could probably mean some months from now. But it doesn't matter, it's just amazing TF2 is updated so much and that there is so much community spirit packed together. Even better it can run on old PCs too.