So I have enough gems to bid on either starseed pilgrim or a cute little jrpg named skyborn?

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Which one would you guys go with. I dont know if I need an esoteric puzzle or just a straight up nostalgia fest with a female protagonist(im partial to em shaddup)

So whatdoyasay?

I have 2500 gems. Starseed is at like 1000 and skyborn is at 2100.

Ilovechocolatemilk

Mar 26, 2009
I really liked Skyborn. It reminded me a lot of FF6, with the airships and whatnot. The story is pretty decent too. Claret reminds me of Lucca.

Completing the game will take you around 12 hours.

Edit: The gameplay is also slightly more challenging than typical jrpg fare, but not by much. It uses a threat system, so hard fights turn into a tank and spank, with the occasional instakill.

Edit 2: I really cannot stress enough how good this game is as far as RPG-maker games go. I've played through 4-5 RPG maker games to recapture that old JRPG feel and none of them do it as well as Skyborn did. If it were released on the SNES 20 years ago, it would have been an instant classic. It's just one of those games that was born at the wrong time.

It has the same lighthearted/serious tone as Square RPGs of old. That's why it hits all the right nostalgia spots. I think too many RPG-maker games take themselves too seriously, which contradicts the fact it's an 8-bit cartoon world. There's also a certain part where Claret talks about her past, which genuinely made me feel things. Rare that a JRPG-style game does that.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
I got skyborn. so many games to finish lately! (also winning a bid with gems is fun I suggest if you can you should try it.