So.. I have some money....

Arikarin Aririkamei

Aug 26, 2009
Are there any games that you recommend me get for my pc?
I currently have:
The Orange Box
Gmod
Supreme Commander
Empire Total War
Bioshock 2
Empire Earth 3
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I just bought the THQ Complete pack. Trust me, that is one of the best deals I've ever seen in gaming and the sale is only going to last today and then it's over.

But if you're not into that stuff, get the first BioShock and Left 4 Dead 1 or 2.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Maybe check tropico 3 out? I've heard good things about it. Otherwise, check out sins of a solar empire, seeing as you have a few other 4X games up there. Maybe even Civ4 if you haven't got it yet, that one's worth a buy. Started a new game as the russians today, I'm preparing for a lightning attack on the americans while they still think I'm friendly...

Arikarin Aririkamei

Aug 26, 2009
The THQ pack didn't interest me, and I have BioShock, Left for Dead one and two for the 360, don't have Mass Effect 2 though, I have Morrowind, although it's not installed at the moment. Sorry for shooting you all down so soon. Also, if this is any help, I'd prefer a good singleplayer game, such as an RPG.

BuyableDoor

Oct 13, 2009
I second Morrowind. It lasts you 100's of hours, and doesn't cost more then a fiver.
I also second Mass Effect 2. Blows any game of last year out of the water.

EscChaos

Feb 14, 2008
Ah, one of these threads.
Well since half of the mentioned games are RTSs I would recommend Homeworld 2 for the 5 dollars it passes for in my home market and just for the sake of its both new and old (and third) perspective on the genre.

Just remember to edit the shortcut or ("....exe" -w 1920 -h 1080) or by other means fiddle with the settings to get the most of its still awesome graphics.

Arikarin Aririkamei

Aug 26, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
Maybe check tropico 3 out? I've heard good things about it. Otherwise, check out sins of a solar empire, seeing as you have a few other 4X games up there. Maybe even Civ4 if you haven't got it yet, that one's worth a buy. Started a new game as the russians today, I'm preparing for a lightning attack on the americans while they still think I'm friendly...
The Tropico 3 demo did interest me, i'm not really a fan of the Civ series. And I keep hearing very good things about ME2, hmm. Sorry about being so fussy, by the way.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Morrowind
Oblivion
Day of Defeat: Source
Diablo II & Lord of Destruction
Warcraft III & The Frozen Throne

That's about it for me.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
Starcraft II (When it comes out)
GTA IV (If your PC can handle it)
Multiwinia (Because it's hella fun)
And maybe some Command and Conquer, like perhaps the new one coming out.
Also, do you play SupCom online? I can't for the life of me get mine to work.
I have the original and Forged Alliance and GPG keeps kicking/crashing/shitting all over my new PC...

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Dyin' to spend it, eh? You could, you know, just keep it in your pocket.

I'm currently in a 'classics' mode right now, so I recommend System Shock 2. It may not look like much, but it's a blast. Not to mention that you get to keep most of your cash.
Don't go on youtube or anything, I spoiled the twist that way for myself.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
You've already have an excellent range of games but no collection is complete without this:
Aliens vs Predator

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
AvsJoe said:
Worms! Worms 2! Worms World Party! Worms Armageddon!

Yes? No?
YES.

I still have Worms and Worms Armageddon for the PS1. And I still have a PS1.

Dear God... I must play them NOW! Damn you AvsJoe. I had hoped to sleep.

On topic - Left 4 Dead 2 is by no means a bad buy. Somethin' you can stick in and play every now and then.

Also, just to go all Indy on yo azz. Braid and Osmos. I've clocked in far more hours on Osmos than can be healthy.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Amarok said:
AvsJoe said:
Worms! Worms 2! Worms World Party! Worms Armageddon!

Yes? No?
YES.

I still have Worms and Worms Armageddon for the PS1. And I still have a PS1.

Dear God... I must play them NOW! Damn you AvsJoe. I had hoped to sleep.
Hehe... glad to see I affected someone's life today. Have fun!

cainstwin

May 18, 2009
im playing cryostasis atm, didnt rlly get advertised where i live and so despite being new and very gd, is starting to get very cheap.
all the total wars are gd, Diablo 2 iv bn advised to get myself. ... ... Dawn of war up to dark crusade, the stuff later than tht isnt wrth the money
Knights of the Old republic if you havent got it already, gd old bioware game, i only gt it recently myself and loved it. Hope this helps :)

Arikarin Aririkamei

Aug 26, 2009
S.R.S. said:
You've already have an excellent range of games but no collection is complete without this:
Aliens vs Predator
I was thinking about AvP, but I heard that it took forever to find a game in multiplayer for the PC version.