So... I Just Became a Vegetarian

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
HG131 said:
Did you read any of your thread (or my posts in it)? Those PETA propaganda videos are rarer than a blue moon with Batman on it. And, no, you cannot live a healthy lifestyle without meat. Humans are omnivores. If you want to spit in the face of logic, evolution, and science and become a sickly vegetarian, feel free to, but don't complain about those pill bills.
Yeah, I've read a lot of the posts in my thread. Lots of support from what I can see.

tscook

Aug 9, 2009
HG131 refuses to accept that any view but his own (misniformed) one is correct. You can safely ignore his bizarre attempts at evangelism.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
TheDrunkNinja said:
I know this is rather ironic, but I don't have much discipline. Exercise? Those damn Atkins diets that my mum loves? I'm miserable when I do "healthy" things. I do love fruits and vegetables, but like I said, they only represent an optional side meal to me that can easily be replaced with anything else. Making them core is my ultimate plan. I just plain don't get enough vegetables. I just can't get into the right mindset since I have meat as my main course.

I can live without meat. I just have adapt myself. Those little facts about the meatpacking industry are some of the most unappetizing thing I've ever seen. Keeping those in mind about how much I'm sparing myself (ugh) I think I can do good with this.
Do what you want man if you think it's the right choice, I'm not here to judge.

It's just that I don't feel as though you would be able to make it without meat, atleast not for long.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
My hat is off to you, good sir, for becoming a vegetarian due to healthy lifestyle reasons. I cannot express how glad I am to see that it is not for animal rights reasons.

Now, I will never become a vegetarian? Why? I love meat. That's not the only reason, however. I also love fruits and veggies. I'll eat 'em all, except for the few I hate(looking at you, eggplant)

Of course, I'm not a very good person to judge by on this issue. I'm very lucky in the food world, see. Both my parents cook, and enjoy doing so, so the only times I ever eat fast food is when I go on field trips, or out with friends. I've never eaten Sonic food, for example. So I get tasty, nutricious, home-cooked meals (Having an Italian Dad is awesome), and avoid meals that are bad for me, just by living normally. When you factor in that I'm 6'5" and have some kind of mutant metabolism, as well as the fact that we raise our own beef(and pork now), things get a little unbalanced in my favor.

But I digress. Good luck with what will surely be an interesting lifestyle.

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
You could also choose to get your meat from local farms and farmers who treat their animals with respect. Yes, the meat will cost more but 1) it will taste better. 2) You'll be helping local farmers and goddamn if their life isn't hard. 3) You'll be eating healthier.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be a vegetarian. I'm suggesting that there are other paths-and me personally, I need a little meat each day or I go to bed hungry.

tscook

Aug 9, 2009
HG131 said:
Yeah, I've read a lot of the posts in my thread. Lots of support from what I can see.
Of course, you ignore the facts behind those videos, or the fact that vegetarians have to take pills to get what normal people get from meat or the fact that it isn't natural.[/quote]

If you would bother to read other posts you would, in fact, realize this is wrong except in the case of B12 and in that case only for strict vegans. I don't really care what you eat, I'm not in this for the moral game, but at least get your facts corrects.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
I once helped a friend slaughter a cow once, we then went out for hamburgers, it was awesome.

Edit: also whenever I hear someone is going vegetarian I make it my mission to eat more meat, it makes me happy :D

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
Well, as long as you're doing it for the health benefits you have my blessing and forgiveness. Just don't be a weak-kneed Lilly about it. Take vegetarianism by the alfalfa sprouts and show it who's boss.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Fenreil said:
My hat is off to you, good sir, for becoming a vegetarian due to healthy lifestyle reasons. I cannot express how glad I am to see that it is not for animal rights reasons.

Now, I will never become a vegetarian? Why? I love meat. That's not the only reason, however. I also love fruits and veggies. I'll eat 'em all, except for the few I hate(looking at you, eggplant)

Of course, I'm not a very good person to judge by on this issue. I'm very lucky in the food world, see. Both my parents cook, and enjoy doing so, so the only times I ever eat fast food is when I go on field trips, or out with friends. I've never eaten Sonic food, for example. So I get tasty, nutricious, home-cooked meals (Having an Italian Dad is awesome), and avoid meals that are bad for me, just by living normally. When you factor in that I'm 6'5" and have some kind of mutant metabolism, as well as the fact that we raise our own beef(and pork now), things get a little unbalanced in my favor.

But I digress. Good luck with what will surely be an interesting lifestyle.
Being an omnivore is a fine and healthy lifestyle. If you do it right. I took a good look at my life, and I don't think I can get back on the right track unless I do something drastic. My mind is trained to love meat, especially the meat that comes from fast food joints. That totally dominates my diet.

I went to McDonald's the other day, and I realized just how good the salads they had there were. Think about this. If I went to McDonald's for a regular lunch, I can honestly say that the salad would be the absolute last thing on the menu that I would eat. With this kind of mindset put into place, I feel like I can do some good for my body instead of the shit I've done in the past.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
My friend was a vegetarian for roughly 5 years. She didn't notice that anything was wrong until she went to the doctors. She had a fair few vitamin deficiencies, and that was with taking supplements. This isn't to ward you off of it as a whole, but just be extremely careful, and watch your vitamin intake.

tscook

Aug 9, 2009
Though, the first step to getting healthier is cutting out soda. Full stop.

A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain[link] [http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/]

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
PayneTrayne said:
My friend was a vegetarian for roughly 5 years. She didn't notice that anything was wrong until she went to the doctors. She had a fair few vitamin deficiencies, and that was with taking supplements. This isn't to ward you off of it as a whole, but just be extremely careful, and watch your vitamin intake.
No worries. This ain't permanent by any stretch. I just want to get a handle on my eating habits and make sure I'm making the healthiest decision I can make. If things go well enough, I might be off this in a little over a year.