So I just got a PlayStation 2...

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
...but don't really know of any kick-ass games for it. I know of a few, which I'm planning on getting as soon as humanly possible.

But I'm genuinely very uneducated about the truly great titles of this console, so can anyone recommend any?

I feel I should point out for the sake of me not getting swamped to death with suggestions for them, I'm already planning on getting Ico, Shadow of the Collosus and Silent Hill 2.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Try Persona 4, or Godhand. I enjoy those a lot. And if you don't have a Gamecube then you should get Resident Evil 4.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Timesplitters: Future Perfect... In fact all the Timesplitters, just get them all.

Can't own a PS2 and not have Timesplitters.

Dec 14, 2009
Get Okami. If you don't get it, then Amaterasu will be disappointed...

You wouldn't want that now would you?

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Cant go wrong with resident evil 4 (if you havent already played it)

Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Timesplitters: Future Perfect... In fact all the Timesplitters, just get them all.

Can't own a PS2 and not have Timesplitters.
and this

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
Timesplitters of course. and the old Final Fantasy games: i had 8 and spent the best gaming years of my life on it. and then Ratchet and Clank because dammit they're good!

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
If you like RPGs or anime at all you should get Persona 4.

If you like both then that game will blow your mind.

The Ratchet and Clank games are fun but it's been so long since i played one i can't remember which are good.

TheAmokz

Apr 10, 2011
There are three games i can recommend:

1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
Kingdom Hearts (1+2), Okami, Dynasty Warrior 5, Dark Cloud (1+2), Guitar Hero (1+2), the First God of War (just be careful as it doesn't work on all PS2 models), GTA: San Andreas, vast amount of PS1 classics (Final Fantasy (7,8,9), Tomba, Bubble Bobble, Suikoden, ect).

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
ratchet and clank 1-3
kingdom hearts 1&2
jack and daxter 1-3 (and x if you like racing and shooting)
metal gear solid 3
devil may cry 1-3

great games.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
If you like JRPG's, get Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Nocturne, and Persona 3 and 4.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Persona 3: FES and Persona 4
Silent Hill 2
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 3
Anyone mention FFX? If not, then FFX
God of War (and God of War II)
Odin Sphere

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
And if you don't have a Gamecube then you should get Resident Evil 4.
I hadn't thought of this. Maybe it's time I braved that game again after my utter puss-out the first time I attempted it.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
definitely get timesplitters. Devil may cry, God of War, maybe Final Fantasy X.

New Vegas Samurai

Dec 12, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
...but don't really know of any kick-ass games for it. I know of a few, which I'm planning on getting as soon as humanly possible.

But I'm genuinely very uneducated about the truly great titles of this console, so can anyone recommend any?

I feel I should point out for the sake of me not getting swamped to death with suggestions for them, I'm already planning on getting Ico, Shadow of the Collosus and Silent Hill 2.
Just a suggestion from disappointed fan who loved the classics, try out final fantasy 10... It's one JRPG that really makes an effort to be good...

Just not that ffX-2 shit, stay away from that pile

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010
I was a big fan of FFX, but there is only one decent character in the entire game, and the cut scenes are unskippable, and many times long winded (and you'll have to repeat a few because some of the boss fights are downright cheap; like any FF game, i highly recommend getting the strategy guide.)FFXII is also a good game, with a few more likable characters and a different combat system.

It should also be noted that i put around 150hrs into Devil May Cry 3 (regular and special edition combined, because playing as virgil is awesome.)

Star Wars: Battle Front 2

Burnout (whatever the last installment for the game was).

I did enjoy the first Kingdom Hearts game, but again, get the strategy guide. Also, it was hard (and unskippable cut scenes.)

MFenix

Apr 2, 2011
DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Star Wars BattleFront 2, and Kindom Hearts 1&2.
And maybe Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, it's fun but theres better.