So I just picked up a 360...

Apocalypse91

Jan 19, 2010
Hey guys,

I recently bought the 360 Elite bundle (Pure, Lego Batman, Brutal Legend), and was looking for reccomendations for more.

I'm picking up Darksiders tomorrow, but aside from that, anyone have any favourites?

I'm not looking for any FPSs, I'll stick to aiming with a mouse thank you very much.

Edit: Not to seem rude but it's seems its a reccuring theme...

GAMES IM LOOKING FOR HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Any good hack and slash, RPGs (Not the WoW clone RPGs, quest quest quest, grind, quest etc..) I'm not adverse to a leveling system, but the generic fetch/kill quest repetition gets old quickly, a more Final Fantasy style would be prefered, possibly puzzle/platformers, but they'd have to have some form of combat that isn't a joke.

END GAMES IM LOOKING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'd appreciate any reccomendations, as long as it doesn't include any Brown/Gun Metal Grey macho Space Marine clones oozing testosterone all over the place. :)

Thanks

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Apocalypse91 said:
Anyway, I'd appreciate any reccomendations, as long as it doesn't include any Brown/Gun Metal Grey macho Space Marine clones oozing testosterone all over the place. :)
I wonder where I have heard that before...

Apocalypse91 said:
More Fun To Compute said:
Just get Dead Rising.
Ninjaedit: Was thinking of something else..

Zombies are kinda meh as well.
Well perhaps listing everything you don't like in your first post would be a good idea then. We aren't psychic.

Anyway:

Tenchu Z.
Assassins Creed 2.
Prince of Persia.
Dead Space.
Ninja Gaiden 2.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
[Post i typed up before reading through OP (don't judge me, i'm not exactly "calm and concentrated" right now)]

Actually, scratch that. Gears of War 2 is just too obviously unfitting.

Apocalypse91

Jan 19, 2010
Machines said:
Apocalypse91 said:
I wonder where I have heard that before...

Apocalypse91 said:
More Fun To Compute said:
Just get Dead Rising.
Ninjaedit: Was thinking of something else..

Zombies are kinda meh as well.
Well perhaps listing everything you don't like in your first post would be a good idea then. We aren't psychic.

Anyway:

Tenchu Z.
Assassins Creed 2.
Prince of Persia.
Dead Space.
Ninja Gaiden 2.
I didn't think I'd need to when I specificed what sort of games I was looking for...
(Incidently isn't Dead Space an FPS?)

Thanks for the list though.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
watch out for the red ring of death, and play some decent games... thats all i can say because i don't know what kind of games you like :)

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Apocalypse91 said:
Incidently isn't Dead Space an FPS?
[Actually helpful post]

No, it's an over-the-shoulder shooter. But it's also survival horror, sooo... yeah.

Apocalypse91

Jan 19, 2010
emwhite123 said:
watch out for the red ring of death, and play some decent games... thats all i can say because i don't know what kind of games you like :)
Again if you'd just read the first post... I did specify the general area I was looking for...

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Apocalypse91 said:
I didn't think I'd need to when I specificed what sort of games I was looking for...

No, it's in the third person. FPS is first person shooter. It's an action/survival horror kind of game, a little like Resident Evil without the cheesy lines and annoying controls, it's great fun but not "scary".

Apocalypse91

Jan 19, 2010
Machines said:
Apocalypse91 said:

No, it's in the third person. FPS is first person shooter. It's an action/survival horror kind of game, a little like Resident Evil without the cheesy lines and annoying controls, it's great fun but not "scary".
I do know what FPSs are :p
I also said I use the mouse for those :p

I was just under the impression Dead Space was first person
Mmmm, survival/horror without the scare factor seems a bit lame, might take a look though

Versagen

Aug 19, 2009
Assassin's Creed 2 might be good for you. The first one is a bit more difficult combat wise, but the missions are more repetitive.

emwhite123 said:
New 360s have a Jasper chip that is supposed to prevent the RROD. It can still happen, but there's a lower chance of it actually occurring.

Apocalypse91

Jan 19, 2010
Versagen said:
Assassin's Creed 2 might be good for you. The first one is a bit more difficult combat wise, but the missions are more repetitive.

emwhite123 said:
New 360s have a Jasper chip that is supposed to prevent the RROD. It can still happen, but there's a lower chance of it actually occurring.
Yeah, Assasin's Creed seems like it'd be good.
That's also why I decided to pick up the Elite, I'd assume a later generation of the console might have eliminated that particular problem? Well I hope anyway.

wgreer25

Good news everyone!
Jun 9, 2008
For hack and slash I would definitely recommend Bayonetta. If you like the DMC/Ninja Gaiden type hack and slash, Bayonetta tops them all IMHO. But Ninja Gaiden 2 is also good, frustrating, but good. And another hack and slash that was surprisingly good was the Xmen origins: Wolverine, the movie sucked but the game was really good.

You said you didn?t want any FPS, but I don?t know how you feel about 3rd person shooters, so I will recommend a couple for you. I personally loved Dead Space. It is a very well made game with an amazing atmosphere, and a solid shooter. And Issac is not testosterone enhanced, and he is a space engineer, not a marine. Batman: AA is also very good, some of the best melee mechanics I have ever seen in a game, plus it is all the old cast from the Batman animated series, and that makes it even more awesome.

As for a good RPG on the 360, Mass Effect is the obvious answer. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are 2 more obvious answers, but if you don?t want FPS on your console, I would stick to ME. I would also highly recommend Assassin?s Creed. I liked the first one even though it is very repetitive, and the second one improved vastly on the first. I would NOT recommend Fable 2. It is not as good as the first and is the buggiest game I?ve ever seen on a console.

From the Xbox live arcade I would recommend a couple of games for you as well. Braid is awesome. Some of the best puzzles I have seen in a game, ever. ?Splosion Man is also some Nintendo old school platforming that I found fun. I would also recommend Geometry wars 2: Retro Evolved, another arcade style game. I think all of these have demos you can try.

Hope this helps.