So I just watched an anime about a racist Mermaid.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Seriously. During the first two episodes it comes off as just a really weird comedy and I guess it still is but once you hit the third episode the entire episode is about her hatred of aquatic mammals. It's called "Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san" if anybody is curious. At any rate I'm not expecting too many people to care or provide deep insight into the show or anything I just felt like sharing something I though was hilarious. I mean if you WANT to give your input on the matter I won't complain but I just posted this up in order to share.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Well, of course. Those delinquent dolphins are what ruined this country ocean! I say we round 'em up, and ship them back where they came from!

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Here's the trailer for the show if anyone is interested in what it looks like:
It's just looks like your average Anime show-cute girls-silly premise-comedy what's not to like :D

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Well, yeah. All mermaids are racist, didn't you know that?

Just because they can all breath in air and water, they reckon they're better than the rest of us, fuckin fish people. Well you know what you can't do you fuckin scaly-arsed bastards? Skip! That's right, you'll never be able to enjoy the pleasures of a romantic montage skipping through a field towards/besides a romantic interest, you salty-smelling, damp-haired fucks!

... I may have gone a rant there, sorry. Moving on...

What a strange looking (but apparently accurate) anime.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
knight steel said:
It's just looks like your average Anime show-cute girls-silly premise-comedy what's not to like :D
Da... Dafuq was that?

That looks downright insane!

EDIT: Just watched all the episodes out and I have one thing to say. Dafuq was that? I've come out with more questions than answered.
>.>
<.<
I'mma going to recommend this.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Well jeez...
Looks like I have something new to watch.
This looks completely Cray-Cray, I can't wait.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
The title is hilarious enough for me. Sounds like a random statement I'd spring on my friends when it's gone all quiet.

I feel like I might check it out, the animation seems cute enough. :D

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
I watched one and a half episodes of Muromi-san before I decided to drop it. It's not that it wasn't funny, it just wasn't funny consistently enough to warrant following during it's airing, as I watch way to many shows that are currently airing anyway. Will probably power through it once it's fully out and I have some time to spare, since it isn't a long show.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Watching that trailer remind me of Fooly Cooly (how that mermaid is kind of abusive to the kid) and the music in that trailer is kind of weird (cute vocal girl but with a rock chorus).
I may watched it given how stupid Naruto Shupudden is with their fillers and the lack of animated shows to watched in general.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
This thread convinced me to watch the first three episodes.

You know, despite the action-packed intro, and the promise of lots of mythical creatures... surprisingly little actually happened. At all.

But I kinda like it. The off-kilter comedy actually really rubs me the right way. Definitely gonna continue watching this.

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks they may have stolen the last joke of the first episode from an episode of Futurama? Or is it just a coincidence, and a really obvious joke about mermaids?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
knight steel said:
Is there a name for animes about sexy girls teasing, bossing and abusing the only male character in the show? It's so popular I'm sure it's a genre on its own.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
knight steel said:
Is there a name for animes about sexy girls teasing, bossing and abusing the only male character in the show? It's so popular I'm sure it's a genre on its own.
Harem anime. There you go.

OT- Wat. Watta fuck was dat? Oh well, might as well watch it if I can gather the time. Seems rather oddball, which sums up exactly what I'm in the mood for as of late.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
thesilentman said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
knight steel said:
Harem anime. There you go.

OT- Wat. Watta fuck was dat? Oh well, might as well watch it if I can gather the time. Seems rather oddball, which sums up exactly what I'm in the mood for as of late.
I KNEW there was a name for it! :)

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ahh... no, Harem doesn't mean that. What you are describing is a tsundere character on a romantic anime (can be harem, gender blender, whatevs).

Harem is just a romantic anime that features multiple possible partners for the main love interest.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
well Zorak and Red have gone on record in their endless ocean playthrough as saying dolphins (particularly ones named skippy) are dicks so maybe they deserve it just a little.

sadly thats not even the weirdest anime. the weirdest anime i can think of is FLCL and thats not even the weirdest anime.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Well, I was always taught that real mermaids are dicks. They drown people, kids too. Racist now too? Yeesh.

TBman

Oct 31, 2008
at least her dad isn't a mob boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqMbO-nijk

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
would watch it if the mermaid was something like this

is the anime made from the creators of puni puni poemy and excel saga? cuz it has that style

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Tanakh said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Ahh... no, Harem doesn't mean that. What you are describing is a tsundere character on a romantic anime (can be harem, gender blender, whatevs).

Harem is just a romantic anime that features multiple possible partners for the main love interest.
Basically. Another term for it is "Harem Animu" (yes Animu)...I've seen that term tossed around a bit.

I believe Love Hina is the anime that truly made that category rise to popularity and then branched off into like a MILLION others.

5 girls 1 guy who is either getting flirted with or getting the shit kicked out of him.

Hmm I wonder who these anime are actually targeted at, because as a male I just can't relate with a clueless toolbag who couldn't take a hint despite the hint dancing naked in front of him all day! They tend to be full of "oooh potential love interest, oooh flirtatious moment" bits but just take forever to get to the bloody point, in which case I might as well start watching Bible Blac--err I mean Ikkitousen!

Not Bible Black obviously, who watches Bible Black.

>_>

<_<