So, I turned 21 today.

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
Hi, there, Escapist. I turned 21 today. And an idea for a thread wandered into my mind.

Turning 21 is usually seen as the last rite of passage in terms of age. You've got 16, 18 and then 21. (at least, where I'm from)

I was wondering whether the people on the Escapist had any interesting things for me to do now I've turned 21. Oh, and I mean interesting and original ideas at that ;-).

Also, for the record, I won't respond to any ideas connected to (excessive) consumption of alcohol. It's not that I am such a saint myself, but they don't come across as exciting or new to me because here in the Netherlands, it's legal to drink beer at the age of 16 and any kind of alcoholic beverage once you're 18.
Same goes for ideas/things involving drugs and prostitution (Yes, I know, Netherlands -> Amsterdam. How very bright of you).

Also, I'd love to not be mortally wounded, scarred and maimed for life, dead, in a coma, in hospital bed, coffin and/or urn after I've done any of the things you've posted below. Just to sum it up, I'd love to see my 22nd birthday in good health and with all of my limbs and organs still running intact in my body.

Another thing my gf just added; She'd literally kill me if I performed any acts of physical sexuality with anybody else. And that would quite violate the rules I've set up above ;-).

So, Escapist, got any interesting and fun ideas for me to do?

Jacco

May 1, 2011
Well, you still can't rent a car until you're 25 so, there's still that.

I recommend you go to a club or bar and ACT drunk without actually being so. You can get away with so much shit and no one will know. It's really funny to watch people around you get progressively more intoxicated. Then you can fuck with them.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Jacco said:

I recommend you go to a club or bar and ACT drunk without actually being so. You can get away with so much shit and no one will know. It's really funny to watch people around you get progressively more intoxicated. Then you can fuck with them.
This ^

And bring a camera. Good memories to laugh at /blackmail material

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Jacco said:

Often you can rent a car before you turn 25, it just costs 20 dollars more per day.
You can adopt when you are 25 though :p

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
Queen Michael said:
One word: Batman.
Love it. I'll try and see if the costume still fits and whether the batarangs are in stock.

Jacco said:

Also this. I've definitely done the 'watch people get intoxicated and then screw with their minds'-things, but this is genius. Thanks for the tip :p

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
Satsuki666 said:
Lots of cool ideas
I actually laughed out loud at some of your suggestions. Next time I am in Canada, I'll try this Polar Bear Swim of yours :p.

Thanks for contributing

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Couple of years back someone bought me "Tank Lessons". Drove a tank, fired the cannon, was fun :D

^=ash=^

Sep 23, 2009
First of all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Secondly:
Wuvlycuddles said:
Couple of years back someone bought me "Tank Lessons". Drove a tank, fired the cannon, was fun :D
Sounds awesome.

WarDialler

Nov 3, 2011
Happy Birthday Snowpact!
Erm, I'd love to tell you what I did on my 21st (am now 26) but I literally can't remember. Not that I went on a bender or did drugs, I was just incredibly boring.

I'd advise having a good night in with your lady and friends, perhaps cook a nice meal, do something adult and sensible to see if you like it before you resign yourself to a life of idiotic manchildery like me ;)

Snowpact

He is the Walrus
Oct 15, 2008
Wuvlycuddles said:
I don't know if that's possible here when you're not in the army, but I'll check it out :), thanks.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I don't know. Why is 21 even a rite of passage? Is there anything you can do at 21 that you can't do at 18? I know in Australia 16 is when you can legally have sex and 18 is when you're officially an adult and can legally drink, vote and generally become comepletely autonomous by law. I always thought that the 21 thing was because of America's cultural influence here. I figured since it's their legal drinking age it kind of rubbed off on us or something.

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
Happy Birthday!
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h381/deadjuice/happybirthday.jpg?t=1323720439
Enjoy.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Snowpact said:
Hi, there, Escapist. I turned 21 today. And an idea for a thread wandered into my mind.

Turning 21 is usually seen as the last rite of passage in terms of age. You've got 16, 18 and then 21. (at least, where I'm from)

I was wondering whether the people on the Escapist had any interesting things for me to do now I've turned 21. Oh, and I mean interesting and original ideas at that ;-).

Also, for the record, I won't respond to any ideas connected to (excessive) consumption of alcohol. It's not that I am such a saint myself, but they don't come across as exciting or new to me because here in the Netherlands, it's legal to drink beer at the age of 16 and any kind of alcoholic beverage once you're 18.
Same goes for ideas/things involving drugs and prostitution (Yes, I know, Netherlands -> Amsterdam. How very bright of you).

Also, I'd love to not be mortally wounded, scarred and maimed for life, dead, in a coma, in hospital bed, coffin and/or urn after I've done any of the things you've posted below. Just to sum it up, I'd love to see my 22nd birthday in good health and with all of my limbs and organs still running intact in my body.

Another thing my gf just added; She'd literally kill me if I performed any acts of physical sexuality with anybody else. And that would quite violate the rules I've set up above ;-).

So, Escapist, got any interesting and fun ideas for me to do?
How about spend some time with your family? That is, assuming you have a close family.