So I went to KFC.... (gross topic ahead)

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Iron stomach here.

I never tried KFC but this thread made me want to try and see if there is something that is actually strong enough to mess me up.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Dimitriov said:
Oh man! YOU ARE MAKING ME HUNGRY FOR SOME FRIED CHICKEN!

I want to get me a double down!

THAT'S IT, ONE OF THOSE FUCKERS.
Oh my God why haven't I seen these beauties before?!
I bet no fucker in the UK sells them. I bloody bet.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Giftfromme said:
krazykidd said:
idarkphoenixi said:
On Saturday I went to visit a pet breeder that I've been in contact with for a few weeks now to meet my pet-to-be (an african grey parrot if you'd like to know) and decided to top the day off by getting a hot meal rather that cook myself.
So I'm driving down the town looking for a local cafe where I can get a sausage sarnie or whatever and end up passing a KFC restaurant. I had never eaten KFC before but I decided it would be nice just to treat myself for once, boy did I ever regret it.
Immediately after eating it something just tasted a little weird but I didn't think much of it, I figured it was the overuse of grease and oil (which it probably was) and decided to finish it up at home.

To put a long story short, at 3am on Sunday morning I got what was without a doubt the worst food poisoning that I had ever experienced in my entire life. I feel rather embaressed to describe what happened to me but I think it would be a good idea just to serve as a warning to anyone not used to fast food thinking of trying some.
Ok, well it started with me waking up with the uncontrollable urge to puke up and sadly I never made it to the bathroom in time, I figured that was the end of it and I even felt a little better. It wasn't over, the next 24 hours was filled with migranes, chills and a throat red raw from throwing up the whole time. I know that situations like this calls for you to drink fluids but it would only take one sip and I'd be bringing back up. Let me tell you, kneeling over a toilet that was blocked up with your own poo to throw up in is no pleasant experience. Yes, this did include explosive diarrhea which I had never felt before. 10 hours into the ordeal and I had such little energy left that all I could do was lie there messing myself and my floor up.

Strangely enough, after doing a quick google it turns out I'm not the only one to go through this. so escapists, any similar stories to share? I never knew just how bad fast food was for the human body and vow from this day forward never to eat any again. Sure you could adapt to it which I'm sure will be a common excuse, like Africans adapt to dirty, infected water but why should I have to?

Thankfully I feel a little better now as I type this, although I still feel weak and have chills so bad that even my heater at full power does nothing to help.
I felt bad for you until that african comment ... Really? Was that necessary ? You know what , i'm done with the off-topic forums . Im going to stay on the gaming discussion forum, less dangerous that way .
Agreed, that was a pathetic comment, an attempt at garnering more attention. I agree, I cared until I read that. BUT WHY SHOULD I WHO LIVES IN LUXURY HAVE TO DEAL WITH NONSENSE LIKE THIS?! WHAT ABOUT ME? WHY HASN'T ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT ME?
Dude's eating at KFC, what kind of luxury is that?
Kidding, but seriously. This topic has just made me really want to eat some KFC.
Also, I think you've misunderstood what this person meant, they just gave Africans as an (admittedly rather broad) example of a people who have adapted to something in the way they were describing, I don't think there was any intended racism. Although if there was they're kind of a scumbag and I think they deserve food poisoning. Not to mention this thread is a bit ridiculous anyway, scaremongering about fast food when if there was a real epidemic of food poisoning running through fast food chains then they clearly wouldn't be as large as they are. Grow up.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
That wouldnt have happened if you had ordered a ten piece bargain bucket all other KFC is just dirty and should never be eaten

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
idarkphoenixi said:
On Saturday I went to visit a pet breeder that I've been in contact with for a few weeks now to meet my pet-to-be (an african grey parrot if you'd like to know) and decided to top the day off by getting a hot meal rather that cook myself.
So I'm driving down the town looking for a local cafe where I can get a sausage sarnie or whatever and end up passing a KFC restaurant. I had never eaten KFC before but I decided it would be nice just to treat myself for once, boy did I ever regret it.
Immediately after eating it something just tasted a little weird but I didn't think much of it, I figured it was the overuse of grease and oil (which it probably was) and decided to finish it up at home.

To put a long story short, at 3am on Sunday morning I got what was without a doubt the worst food poisoning that I had ever experienced in my entire life. I feel rather embaressed to describe what happened to me but I think it would be a good idea just to serve as a warning to anyone not used to fast food thinking of trying some.
Ok, well it started with me waking up with the uncontrollable urge to puke up and sadly I never made it to the bathroom in time, I figured that was the end of it and I even felt a little better. It wasn't over, the next 24 hours was filled with migranes, chills and a throat red raw from throwing up the whole time. I know that situations like this calls for you to drink fluids but it would only take one sip and I'd be bringing back up. Let me tell you, kneeling over a toilet that was blocked up with your own poo to throw up in is no pleasant experience. Yes, this did include explosive diarrhea which I had never felt before. 10 hours into the ordeal and I had such little energy left that all I could do was lie there messing myself and my floor up.

Strangely enough, after doing a quick google it turns out I'm not the only one to go through this. so escapists, any similar stories to share? I never knew just how bad fast food was for the human body and vow from this day forward never to eat any again. Sure you could adapt to it which I'm sure will be a common excuse, like Africans adapt to dirty, infected water but why should I have to?

Thankfully I feel a little better now as I type this, although I still feel weak and have chills so bad that even my heater at full power does nothing to help.
honestly where i live i'v heard more stories about regular sit down restaurants giving people food poisoning. hell i WORK at kfc, before i statred working there i hadn't eaten there in over a year, now i do every few days because i miss dinner during my shift.

any way just last week my manager got sick from eating take out from a different restaurant, it's a sit down restaurant that also does take out, you would think they we're of better quality than KFC. i think you just got some REALLY bad luck.

by the way did you have the popcorn chicken? it's the only chicken I've ever seen get under cooked, happens when you over fill the thing we fry it in and some pieces aren't submerged in oil.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
This is a great example of why we should never go back in time. Go back to the 1800s and try the food, it would be like the worst fast food * 1,000.

You should start with a cleaner fast food, perhaps Wendys?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I once ate food that I didn't like the taste of... Never had food poisoning or anything like that since I have a stomach of steel.

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Yeah. Once, I got a batch of chicken that was pretty well raw, because (as they found out) one of the thermometers wasn't working right. Then, I took it back, and they fixed me a new batch. I don't know how often you eat fast food, but usually if something tastes off it isn't just because you don't eat it often, it's because they didn't cook it right.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
i love KFC. i don't eat fast-food much, but most of my fast-food is kfc. i've never gotten sick off of it.

interestingly enough, the first and only time i EVER had food poisoning was when i went to an organic food restaurant with some vegan friends. i (and a friend who ordered the same thing) spent most of the next 3 day on the toilet.
never...again...

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
sue them you live in the US right? people have sued for less.
luckily I never got food poisoning. But I did had to wait half an hour for a burger at burger king once, stole the tray for compensation.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Well, I'll have to chime in. When I was 16 I worked at a KFC for four hours. I got a better job offer the next day, so I quit. In that four hours, however, I was impressed with how filthy KFC was. I dropped an entire batch of chicken onto the filthy, grease stained floor by accident, and they told me to pick it up and fry it anyway. There really was no mandatory "wash and disinfect your hands after handling raw chicken" rule. They had me batter raw chicken by dipping it into a box full of batter, then go take out the frozen biscuits and put them in the oven and never told me to wash my hands. The grease traps overflowed that night, but they did use a hose to shoot most of the grease out the back door.

So I guess the point of my argument is "Don't eat at KFC". I've worked there, they're crap. Plus the food sucks. I do like the biscuits, but knowing that they're fine with someone handling raw chicken and then handling the biscuits makes me avoid them. I'm really glad that was my only fast food job, and it only lasted four hours.

My brother, however, worked at Subway and Culver's. And from what he's told me, don't eat at Subway or Culver's. Pretty much the same experience on the back end.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
One time, only a few months ago actually, I was coming home from school for the mid term break between start of term and Christmas and I really fancied a KFC (which I'd been to plenty of times before, I might add) cause I hadn't had one for ages. I got there and ordered what I usually had - popcorn chicken with chips and a diet coke and ate it and everything was perfectly fine and pretty damn nice, as it usual is... and everything was fine.

True story.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
I like their big crunch chicken burger, I get it every couples months. Nothing bad ever happened to me, sorry you haf such bad luck.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Nasty man, I feel for you.

I myself have never had a bad experience with a fast food chain, at least not as bad as you're describing. I would've thought they'd take extra measures to ensure this doesn't happen just in case they're taken to court.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I've only had KFC once...it wasn't extremely bad but I don't much care for really greasy foods. Also there are no KFCs near us.

I did have a similar experience the first time I ate sushi though. Did you know you can have explosive diarrhea AND projectile vomit at the same time?