So I'm getting myself a 3DS...

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
The Nintendo 3DS XL is the only console I own, and I love it to bits. I own quite a few DS games (it is backwards compatible, after all) but the only actual 3DS games I own are

Prof Layton and the Miracle Mask
Pheonix Wright 5
Pokemon Y
Kingdom Hearts DDD
LoZ: Ocirina of Time (the remake)

I recommend all of them. I've been itching to play other games, like the Pheonix Wright vs Prof Layton, but I can't really afford them at the moment.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Get the XL. It's larger, more comfortable for grown-up hands, a bigger screen, a longer battery life, and doesn't have some of the odd design flaws with the original that can cause issues down the line. It's also available in a wider variety of colours and such.

As for games?

Luigis Mansion 2
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Bravely Default
Mario Golf World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario 3D Land
Theartrythm Final Fantasy
Pokemon X/Y
TLOZ: A Link Between Worlds

Are a few of the titles I highly recommend.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I'd go for the Xl because the headphone jack on the regular is known for giving out :( Also my midnight purple normal one just feels a bit flimsy. I got to hold a friends XL and got jelly.

Star Fox 64
Luigi's Mansion 2
Pokemon
Animal Crossing New Leaf
and it's a regular DS title but Nostalgia is pretty good so far. Granted I'm not that far in, but I'm liking the setting.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
azurine said:
I've heard the shoulder buttons on the 3DSXL break after a rather short time, but I can not confirm this.
Mine haven't. I can't speak to everyone's, but mine is still fine after quite some play.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
ObsidianJones said:
I can't believe you people.

No one mentioned "The World Ends With You"

Literally one of the greatest games that ever was released.
Not a 3DS game.

OT: Two of my roommates have the XL, and if I was going to get a 3DS, I'd go XL too. My greatest concern would be the larger pixels on the larger screen. It's not a problem at all. It still looks great.