So I'm looking for a new anime to watch, so give me a recomendation.

YogSothoth

Jul 21, 2011
Watch Death Note, or I guess you can watch all other anime, since it is pretty much all the same thing. But if you DON'T watch Death Note, giant space wasps will eat your brain and be sorely dissapointed because you sir must be a real idiot for not watching the aforementioned anime.

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
Darker than Black. t's about super powers and it's like 2 seasons long. It's a lot of fun and you should check it out.

Josh Horton

Apr 6, 2011
I'll add my list of anime as well, I'd recommend quite a few but just have your pick of the ones that I have watched completely lol.

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Isao/anime

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
This is a general response. I've got a few good ideas from you guys, I've seen

YYH - Saw it on toonami and watched the rest online when I was younger
Angel beats
HSOTD
Eden of the East
Samurai Champloo

I might watch that paranoia show, my IRL friend says its the best show he has ever seen

I will keep reading on, and thanks for the help guys I got a good list now in my notebook of things to check out, I also missed a few of the -i have seen- on the list, but I took all of this to heart

Watching baccano!

I'm really into a lot of stuff, but I like stuff that will either A. Make me feel good, OR make me feel REALLY sad, then kinda bring my hope back when everything works out, I honestly cried during Clanad. But in the end it was a happy ending so. It made up for it. Or B. Something weird AND Funny.

Or a mix of both. I mean action and funny too, generally funny stuff is good.

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
You must watch Bleach if you haven't already. It has funnies as well as seriousness! I'm addicted to it at the moment.

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Love Hina
School Rumble

Those two are hilarious

K-on! and K-on!! are quite funny as well.

EDIT

I'll join in as well and post my list.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Archangel768

jessegeek

Oct 31, 2011
If you watched FLCL then you'll probably love Samurai Champloo, another strange-but-awesome anime with an anarchic sense of humour.

EDIT: ninja'd, sorry.

PocketMon

Mar 19, 2009
Okay, since no one said it,
If you haven't seen it, Fist of the North Star
One I recently saw is Puella Magi Madoka Magica, watch that if you want to see a troll magical girl animu.

I'm picky with animes, most just piss me off with stupid crap, or I just find boring.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
krazykidd said:
If you liked clanaad ( like i did) i recomend Toradora! It's halarious!
I don't know if I would call Toradora one of the most hilarious anime.

However, since the OP likes romance anime of a male bent, or at least, that's what Clannad is. And comedy anime.

He should as well surely like Toradora! Toradora!, is one of the higher quality romance anime in my opinion. And certain has it's very many comedy moments. It's a RomCom, all right. Which is very common in Japan, to have Romance Comedies made for boys and men. But it's a very good one. In my opinion, at least.

The humor and pacing is also fairly similar to Clannad.

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
Shit son, it's on.

Classics like Sailor Moon, DBZ, Astro Boy. Oldies like Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Hellsing (though I can only recomend the OVAs, because the anime doesn't do the original manga justice) and Cowboy Beebop. For gore I can only recomend Battle Royale as I am not into that kind of shit. Shojo animes include Inu Yasha, Black Butler, Tokyo Mew Mew, Cardcaptor Sakura and Reborn! (if you can, get as much material on it as you can. In order to understand EVERYTHING you have to read the manga, watch the anime, listen to the drama CDs, ect.) There are more in the back of my brain, but I can't pull them out right now.

I can recomend the Bleach series until the end of the Soul Society Arc. After that, it's all down hill.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
asmidir said:
If you want comedy then I recommend Axis Powers Hetalia. It's a series of short 5 minutes episodes that parody the relationships between the main countries involved in world war one and two as well as their development. Each country is represented by a stereotype character, America is loud and obnoxious, Germany is strict, Greece is lazy and so forth. The jokes are funny, the history is accurate, it's cute, it's clever and I certainly recommend you watch the english dub because the voice acting is great, they pull off the accents brilliantly and it makes it even more funnier.
dear god I hate this anime... not for the anime itself, no, its not bad/ kinda funny. noo, I hate it for part of the reason I hate twilight; the overly obsessed fangirls. I used to be part of an anime club that was made up of primarily teenage girls, and many of them were OBSESSED with hetallia... I love those girls, but i swear every time they started getting all fangirlish over Hetallia part of me wanted to punch them in the mouth >_< ...tho maybe most other hetallia fans are normal and not overly obsessed, I can only hope...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
You know what anime you reminded me of by your description OP? Suzuka. It's about a guy moving into his aunt's apartment building and meeting the title character Suzuka. It's a drama but there are comedic bits to it. I don't remember where I originally saw it but I remember liking the dubbed edition enough to grab it for the subs.

If you can find it, To Love Ru is also pretty good but that one is primarily a harem-comedy (One male character wanting sex from a ton of female characters but never getting any because of nose-bleeds and general bad luck).

That's all I've got off of the top of my head.

asmidir

Apr 10, 2010
tthor said:
asmidir said:
If you want comedy then I recommend Axis Powers Hetalia. It's a series of short 5 minutes episodes that parody the relationships between the main countries involved in world war one and two as well as their development. Each country is represented by a stereotype character, America is loud and obnoxious, Germany is strict, Greece is lazy and so forth. The jokes are funny, the history is accurate, it's cute, it's clever and I certainly recommend you watch the english dub because the voice acting is great, they pull off the accents brilliantly and it makes it even more funnier.
dear god I hate this anime... not for the anime itself, no, its not bad/ kinda funny. noo, I hate it for part of the reason I hate twilight; the overly obsessed fangirls. I used to be part of an anime club that was made up of primarily teenage girls, and many of them were OBSESSED with hetallia... I love those girls, but i swear every time they started getting all fangirlish over Hetallia part of me wanted to punch them in the mouth >_< ...tho maybe most other hetallia fans are normal and not overly obsessed, I can only hope...
I know exactly how you feel. When Hetalia was introduced at our anime club all the girls were obsessed with it and it was all they talked about. By the next meeting they had already memorized the theme song in Japanese. Oh well, you just can't let the others spoil it for you.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
krazykidd said:
If you liked clanaad ( like i did) i recomend Toradora! It's halarious!

Another one i would recomend that i watched recently is angel beats! It's funny and sad at time i got teary eyed by laughing and sadness.
I watched a random episode of angel beats with some friends watching it a few days ago, and I had no idea what the hell was going on... so i gotta ask.. is this seriously a school-life genre anime about angels in highschool playing music? o_O (thats all i could get from everything i saw and everything i got out of the other people in the room)