So, is Fallout New Vegas good?

Simmons 2.0

Jul 6, 2009
i know this sounds like a stupid question as i loved fallout 3, but seeing as its already out in America, this thread is directly more to them/you (depending on where you are).

so, before i buy it tomorrow, does it live up to the hype (correct spelling?) ?

please share your stories and opinions

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
If you loved Fallout 3, you'll love New Vegas.

-m
And if you thought that Fallout 3 was lacking in certain elements; you'll be impressed with what Obsidian fixed for Bethesda, including a better story, better crafting, hardcore mode, and all that good stuff.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
...I shot a guy in the face with a rifle. Then walked out of a house, and he had a baseball bat through his chest. I took pictures.

You don't fuck with Goodsprings.

Yeah you'll love New Vegas :p

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
Matt_LRR said:

-m
And if you thought that Fallout 3 was lacking in certain elements; you'll be impressed with what Obsidian fixed for Bethesda, including a better story, better crafting, hardcore mode, and all that good stuff.
I don't agree that the story is better at all, at least, not so far, but yeah, the rest of it is pretty sweet.

-m

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Matt_LRR said:
Lost In The Void said:
Matt_LRR said:

-m
I don't agree that the story is better at all, at least, not so far, but yeah, the rest of it is pretty sweet.

-m
Ah I don't know the choices and the freedom, as opposed to Fallout 3 really boost it for me; out of curiosity where are you at so far, farther than the Vegas Strip missions, because I'm at that point and I am so far sucked into the universe its ridiculous

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
I love the game so far, especially the parts where it doesn't freeze my PS3 >.<

Seriously though, it's good. I've played it nonstop in my free time and haven't even scratched the surface.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
Matt_LRR said:
Lost In The Void said:
Matt_LRR said:

-m

-m
Ah I don't know the choices and the freedom, as opposed to Fallout 3 really boost it for me; out of curiosity where are you at so far, farther than the Vegas Strip missions, because I'm at that point and I am so far sucked into the universe its ridiculous
No, I'm not that far yet. But I fount the jump off in F3 to be way more intense. They spent a bunch of time relationship and character building in the vault, and had you chasing after a family member they spent some time trying to get you to build an attachment to, and cast you out of a home that they tried to make you like, and that resulted in some emoptional investment.

In this one you're just chasing the dude that shot you and took your stuff, which I'm finding myself very ambivalent about. I'm chasing him to continue the plot, rather than chasing my dad because I want to find my dad.

-m

Leviathan902

Dec 18, 2008
I would like to address a question to people who loved Fallout 1 and 2, but hated Fallout 3 (like me), but have played New Vegas:

Does Fallout: New Vegas more like a "True" Fallout game at all?

I'm debating picking this up just because of it being from the Obsidian, the descendants of the original Fallout developers.

SpireOfFire

Dec 4, 2009
Leviathan902 said:
I would like to address a question to people who loved Fallout 1 and 2, but hated Fallout 3 (like me), but have played New Vegas:

Does Fallout: New Vegas more like a "True" Fallout game at all?

I'm debating picking this up just because of it being from the Obsidian, the descendants of the original Fallout developers.
new vegas reminds me a lot of fallout 2.

Sren

Feb 1, 2010
It's fallout 3 with colour as well as more humour to mirror what Russ Pitts review had to say. However the PC version does seem to be plagued by similar release bugs that fallout 3 had, nothing a bit of patching or community modding can't sort out :)