So, it looks like the L4D2 boycott will die

HEXYDEZiMAL

Aug 11, 2009
Bigeyez said:
Valve is a business. You believed every word the business told you and you feel you got screwed for it. *gasp* Welcome to Capitalism.
Have you at all been paying attention to the kind of amazingly fanatical dedication that Valve actually has? You also got it wrong, I'm the one who isn't believing everything they say. As to your last comment, it's only been a few days.

Fluffee

Aug 9, 2009
L4D 1 is amazing as it is, why hate on the second? 'Day always be hata's no matta' wher' you go!

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
The boycott is probably one of the stupidest things related to gaming that I,ve ever heard of. L4D2 will have more content than the original, and you want them to make it an expansion?

HEXYDEZiMAL

Aug 11, 2009
internetzealot1 said:
The boycott is probably one of the stupidest things related to gaming that I,ve ever heard of. L4D2 will have more content than the original, and you want them to make it an expansion?
It sure would've been nice if they could've thrown some of the table scraps from all that labor towards the original, in between selling us that inferior product in the first place and never bothering to repair most of the leaky holes in it.

AbuFace

Jul 8, 2009
I haven't played L4D1 in several months and don't intend on buying L4D2, so I have no opinion on what happens with the franchise. With that said, it's plainly obvious that the majority of flaming and personal attacks in this thread are coming from those against the boycott. Ironically, most of those flames consist of calling the boycotters as whiny complainers.

It's also amusing the number of people who do not read everything and then post things like "there's no basis for this stupid boycott!" even though the boycotters' arguments have been posted on every page of this thread. Hexy had to post the link to the Steam forums' bug thread three times and people are still saying "lol there are no bugz in l4d1"

It's fine if you're against the boycott, but if you have no intelligent argument against it even when the boycotters' points have been laid down (repeatedly, I might add) you might want to re-think making that post, lest you want Hexy kicking your ass up and down the thread like he's done to several others so far.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
They weren't table scraps. After the release of L4D, the developers came up with new ideas that they decided would add to the L4D expeience. And instead of adding a short, 1-2 campaign expansion, they're being generous enough to relese an entire new game with more campaigns than the original, and an entirely new fourth game mode. So good luck with your boycott. When I'm playing L4D2, I'll make sure to axe a zombie for you

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
They weren't table scraps. After the release of L4D, the developers came up with new ideas that they decided would add to the L4D expeience. And instead of adding a short, 1-2 campaign expansion, they're being generous enough to relese an entire new game with more campaigns than the original, and an entirely new fourth game mode. So good luck with your boycott. When I'm playing L4D2, I'll make sure to axe a zombie for you

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
Eh, as much as I loved Left 4 Dead, I don't think I'm gonna be buying that sequel. I say they keep working with the first one instead of spending a couple of months on it and then begining development on the sequel.

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
Yeah I supported the boycott at first but now realize that I'm definitely going to buy it.........5 months later when I'm done with MW2 and it is super cheap USED! Haha take that Valve! the minor victory score board is now Jsnoopy:1 Valve.....:4 ( number of times I've gotten my hopes up that the TF2 console update would drop)

Walking_Target

Aug 18, 2009
Where to start....

First and foremost. I am Walking_Target, founder of the L4D2 Boycott, etc, ad nauseum. Really, I just beat a whole bunch of other people to the punch when I heard about L4D2. It was kinda fortunate too though, as the group wound up in the hands of people who are mature enough to articulate why we are upset and not just shout that Valve sucks.

Many of you will be surprised to hear that Agent of Chaos, myself and most of the Boycott would call ourselves fans of Valve.

The big thing people really do not understand is that we are not a jibbering bunch of teenagers who just want Valve to give us their new game for free. Our focus has been the continued support of Left 4 Dead; especially the bug and exploit fixes that this game so badly needs. Secondary to that has been trying to get L4D2 discounted for current owners of the L4D. The fact that Steam provides an easy way to ID current owners of L4D whereas the Xbox has no such mechanism in place, nor is it possible with their distribution chain. That is also to say nothing of whatever contracts Valve Software may have signed with Microsoft. Therefore, we are not sure if anything of the sort will be possible.

But I digress.

We're not going to claim that Crash Course was released only because of the Boycott. That is short sighted and somewhat big headed; To say that we didn't have any hand in it what so ever is also short sighted though. I will say this: It is positive to see Valve releasing actual new content. Personally though, I am holding out for fixes to some of the "Game Breaking" bugs and exploits that have not been dealt with since release.

In the end though. We don't hate Valve. We don't expect anything for free. We are not doing this just to smear a good name. We're doing this because we were told to expect one thing and it was never delivered. Nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Oh and to squelch the rumors.

Valve has not been doing any mass-bannings of any boycott members. If they were, wouldn't they want to start with myself and the other staff?

Valve has not told us to 'Stop it or Else'. In fact, we have previously sent email to Valve and recieved several responses from them. We are actually on amicable terms with our contact(s) there.

The Boycott is not disappearing because of Crash Course. It's a step in the right direction and what we consider to be a show of good will from Valve. In simple terms, it's a start.

and lastly. People claiming to be from the L4D2 boycott do not necessarily represent the whole of the community. Myself and Agent of Chaos simply represent the majority opinion as best we can.