So Long, Brian Jacques

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I loved those books, they were awesome. I always wondered why the rats and stoats and things were always evil, and how a vole holds a quill.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Toriver said:
WHAT!?!?!?

My... my childhood... is dying... I... uh... I... the only thing that could make this any worse is if the creators and team behind Ed, Edd, and Eddy died. This is horrible and loss to the literary world. This man is clearly deserving of his battle cry:
Eulalia!

I mean, seriously, his redwall books and castaways of the flying dutchman series' got me through the rough times of my middle and high school career. Rakkety Tam, Redwall, and Voyage of Slaves are ranked among my personal top ten. I mean, he was my jump to "grown-up" books, at least according to the length of a book. Man... this is... this just destroyed my day....

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
This is weird. I think that's actually a series that a teacher read to us, when I was about 7-9. I might have read a bit of those as well. It was such a long time ago. They had a certain impact on me. I really liked them and for years I tried to find out what that book or the series was.

I'm quite certain those are what I was looking for as a kid. And now I find out when the author dies.

This is strange really, to say the least...

Sep 9, 2010
rest in peace... I loved those books. I borrowed them from a guy maybe 5 years my elder, one at a time, and they were all really good books. My favorite was probably the one about the badger king. Lord Brok maybe? Or the one where there's an eating contest.

xcnateball

Feb 8, 2011
My favorite was Mariel of Redwall. First one I ever read, and remained my favorite through all the others.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
What? Aw man, that sucks. RIP Brian Jacques

I loved the Redwall books. I have like all the ones up to Rakkety Tam and I'm still holding on to them. I even figured out the chronological order of them to my best ability and had them ordered that way on my bookshelf. I haven't read any written after that, but now I might have to get around to it. Hell I might just re-read all of them.

Eulaliaaaaaaaaa!

Alleged Despair

Aug 25, 2010
Rest in piece Brian. No one else could right so many similar books that come out just as breathtaking every time.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
And we'll never see the like of this man again, or at least not in this lifetime... I've never been able to decide what book is my favorite, the only one I didn't like was Doomwyte. Tagarugn, The Bellmaker, and Mossflower hold the top spots in my eyes but all the rest have such great parts or characters that I can't say definitively which is my favorite.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010

We'll miss you, Brian.

OT: I read a lot of his books in second and third grade, but the later books I just couldn't get into.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
That is horrible. I loved the Redwall series, still do actually. Recently re-read "The Long Patrol" since it's my favorite one, but I've read all of them during my earlier childhood.

He will be sorely missed.

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
smearyllama said:

We'll miss you, Brian.

OT: I read a lot of his books in second and third grade, but the later books I just couldn't get into.
made me think of Rakkety Tam

/cry
Icarion (aka Stockholm) said:
rest in peace... I loved those books. I borrowed them from a guy maybe 5 years my elder, one at a time, and they were all really good books. My favorite was probably the one about the badger king. Lord Brok maybe? Or the one where there's an eating contest.
Those are both the same book, Lord Brocktree, also one of my favorites :)

May 5, 2010
Aww....Those books were basically a part of my childhood.

Damn. That sucks.

I feel the way I did when I went to my old babysitter's wedding and found out she was going to some kind of "sex island"(her friend's words, not mine) for her honeymoon.