So.... reasons why wouldnt you go to australia?

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
How about i just post our national Tourism song and let it answer that question for me:

Yep, that should about do it for my answer.

nickyv917

Nov 11, 2010
Have you ever been to Texas? The spiders there are the size of a friggin' baseball.

As for Australia, I say go there. I went there for my senior trip a couple of years ago, and I loved it.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
I've been to Australia for 2½ months, it's actually pretty good there. Cheap compared to where I live, and only 28½ hour travel time to get there ;)

And to all you who say it's too hot, then travel when it's winter there.

Whyso

May 8, 2011
uhhh, more than 50% of the population live in costal cities with no real wildlife around and its only a small minority live in the outback

y1fella

Jul 29, 2009
I live in Australia and I must say all complaints are not valid. Spiders are here but the only one that you will see commonly is the huntsman, and that's not even poisonous and I've never met anyone who has ever been bitten by it. The other one you have a chance of meeting was the funnel web and yes that is pretty much the most dangerous spider known to man but I've only seen five in this last year.
Censorship happens but it really isn't that bad and thing are changing so that we have normal laws.
The only valid reason I've heard here is 24 hour flight. that does suck.
Wait I forgot one thing.....
MAGPIES!!!!!!!
Australia sucks don't come here.

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
wow do you all hate the spiders and bug and animals there only that bad when you go into the widerness. The biggest ones i have seen are huntsmans which aren't to big and beside how could you say no to this

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
TU4AR said:
Erja_Perttu said:
I just came back from Australia (Sydney mainly) and yeah, it's bloody expensive. AND THEY DON'T EVEN DO PINTS! WHAT DEVILRY IS THIS!
...what kind of pussy-ass places where you going to? We do pints. I think if you go to Victoria you're fucked, but Sydney does pints all the time. You can get steins at the German places, too.

I think I saw someone say it isn't too expensive here, and to them I say what is wrong with you?

The only place more ridiculously expensive than here I've ever been is Switzerland.
I wish I'd had your knowledge! I spent two schooner filled bloody weeks in Sydney. One place did pints of Guinness, but that's not much use to a cider drinker.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
AngryMongoose said:
The heat. Summers in England leave me debilitated. The south of France leaves me incapacitated. Australian summers would leave me dead.
I live here and I think the heat is horrible. I'm not sure what you guys get but I nearly died at 33 degrees(Celsius) the other day.

Well I already live here but my main reason for leaving would be to go to Canada for more skiing or because of our game censorship.

Hamburger_Time

Apr 15, 2010
But other than him, and all the other xenophobic pricks, Australia is a pretty decent place to live.

iNsaneMilesy

Dec 10, 2008
Us Aussies don't want Americans here, lest their ignorance rub off a little... i kid. seriously stay away.

SSoSFAGTiaCaGwaP

Mar 11, 2011
Wow, I didn't know everyone was so afraid of the bugs here! I've lived here all my life, and never have gotten eaten by a giant spider or anything. I haven't ever even seen a spider bigger than my hand.

Because I live here, here are some reasons Australia sucks (even though it's awesome):
Bad internet
Bad game release dates
All the shows from America get released on Australian TV months and months after been shown in America.
Everything's freaking expensive compared the US.

Reasons it's awesome:
BEACHES