So.... reasons why wouldnt you go to australia?

samfergo

May 18, 2010
Shadowstar38 said:
1) Gaming release dates are fucked over there. And getting games in general.
2) Every animal can kick your ass.
By release dates are fucked i assume you mean that their good because we have gotten just about every major release before everyone else.
And animals can only kick your ass if you let them.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Shadowstar38 said:
1) Gaming release dates are fucked over there. And getting games in general.
2) Every animal can kick your ass.
Ninja'd.
I was going to just say all the insects over there can kill you but I actually forgot about the whole censoring of games thing there. Thank you for reminding me of yet another reason to never visit Austrailia.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
29 hour flight, costing about the monthly salary of an average Swede. Very doubtful.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Ever since the dingo debacle of 1980 I've been scared to go.

That and the spider thing. No thx.

Captcha: prevent erfired

Is there enough time?!?

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Fluffles said:
Octogunspunk said:
However, were I ever to move to Australia I would definitely prefer to live in a rural place with a large garden, hence risking problems with some nasty critters. I can't understand why someone would go to Australia just to live in a cramped, humid metropolitan Hell. Though I may be missing something special about Australian cities.
Melbourne is huge and spacious. We have amazing nightlife, culture (bars, cafes n stuff) and it's very pretty. Trees line lots of the streets, we have lots of parks, the housing in the inner-surburban areas looks gorgeous and we have great public transport.

Europeans would complain about the summer heat here. But humid days are rare. We're known for crazy weather. Lots of rain, random rain. Then sun, then more rain. Theeeennnn more sun, LOTS OF SUN. It's just crazy.
Where do you live now? I used to love in the bush, had a huge garden too, but we moved here to the city and I like it better. + I have a sexy view [http://flufflesthepancake.deviantart.com/art/Panorama-My-View-156316964] (2010)
I live in a terraced house in a small city. It has a view of... a school. A view better suited to paedophiles and overprotective parents, probably. I used to live in a large bungalow with a large garden and a view overlooking a paddock, though. Circumstances screwed that up but I'll get something even better eventually. I can't say that picture shows me the sorts of things I like. All I see are rusty roofs and skyscrapers and the occasional tree... which reinforces my view of Australian cities as concrete, glass, and steel deserts.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
rabidmidget said:
TrilbyWill said:
the entire country is designed to murder immigrants.
my aunt moved there from england. every. single. bird. has tried to kill her.
all of them.
What is she doing, walking through plover nests?
no, she was cycling. through a public park. on the path.
plus they (my aunt and uncle) were caught in th massive floods.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Ignoring money and lack thereof, The only reason I wouldn't go to Australia (for a holiday) is that it's as other-side-of-the-world-y as humanly possible and I lose a day purely because of time difference (I know I get it back, but for a holiday that screws up my internal clock something awful) and then there's the 30 hours of solid travel. I'd spend as much time flying as I did holidaying. No thanks.

Although I would consider moving there. The spiders are horrific, but it's about time I got over that fear. Plus the weather and accents would more than make up for it.

Ditto for New Zealand. I read somewhere that that place is like an interactive Windows desk top Background.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Duruznik said:
Redlin5 said:
Things kill me. Also really expensive to cross two hemispheres.
Wouldn't crossing two hemispheres mean circling the Earth and ending up where you started?
Yes you're right! I said that because I wouldn't move to Australia for good, I'd only visit if I could afford it. I love Canada way too much to leave.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
mikespoff said:
Hey, I think that pic is from my house!

The spiders aren't that scary. They're cute and fluffy, like a kitten. Although, I admit, they're often bigger than a kitten... and have bigger teeth...

But I grew up in Africa, with big things that will kill you. So the little poisonous things that will kill you in Australia don't really seem all that scary.
Africa? Pfft can't speak for all of it but Ghana was all birds and small flying bugs for me besides the one
Not Ghana.

Other parts, with poisonous snakes 3 metres long which cruise through the long grass at eye-level, hippos which will kill you, crocs which will kill you, buffalo which will kill you, elephants which will kill you, leopards and lions and hyaenas which will all kill you too.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
sir.rutthed said:
Also I wanna try to drink an Aussie under the table just for shits and giggles.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good bloody luck mate!! Bring plenty of painkillers with ya, ya'll need 'em for the hangover :D

Zekksta said:
Struth, you blokes are hopeless you are.

-ShrimpPrawns on the barbie <--- We have prawns here mate, not shrimp. A shrimp is a really short person. You're not supposed to put people on bbqs.

-Punch a Kangaroo <--- Don't do this, it's a stupid idea. Kangaroos are aggressive, bad-tempered creatures who move faster than we do and have these large claws on their feet that're really good for disemboweling squishy human-like things. Also, it's cruelty, and the RSPCA will prosecute ya for it.

-Drink a beer <--- A? A beer? Wtf champ, what kind of pansy only has A beer? Even if you're on the 12-step ya have at least 3.

'Stralia 'Straya is the best bloody country in the fuckin' world, mate!
There ya go, fixed that up for ya.

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
I grew up in Australia, (in fact that's where I am now) and I have honestly only seen like 20 wild spiders.

Jan 29, 2009
Because I'd get the terrible Australian version of Top Gear and not the awesome BBC version.
Pretty much that.
To be honest I really do want to go there so it's tough to come up with points against it...

w@rew0lf

Banned User
Jan 11, 2009
Because there are creatures in land, sky and sea that have the potential to horrifically kill me.