So should I be worried about this?

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
I was at a party recently and my girlfriend got exceptionally drunk. I wanted to take her home, but she didn't want to stop hanging out (You know how drunk people are) so instead I decided to take care of her at my best friends house since it was nearby and I knew he would let us in no questions asked.

So we were at my friends house, he had his girlfriend over so me and him just kinda both did our own thing. Me and the girlfriend do the naughty, but here comes the fun part...

Just as she orgasms something ticked over in her brain. She completely forgot EVERYTHING. She didn't know who I was or where she was. She started crying because she thought she was being raped. (Also she didn't understand why she was orgasming, and the spasms that come with that weren't helping...)

Her memory came back a few minutes after, but that memory is going to be burned into my brain forever. Should I be worried about this? It has never happened before, and she doesn't get drunk often. Is this something I should be looking into?

PS. I am kind of young (17) and I have no idea what being crazy drunk does to someones brain whilst they're under the influence.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
I think that means you win right? There's a prize or something for that I'm sure.

Anyway I'm pretty sure this is one of those medical conditions that makes its way into those weird documentaries. I remember a weird science book detailing the case of a woman who lost her memory for about 24 hours post-coitus.

Take her to a brain quack.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I have a friend who frequently loses their memory, often starting with waking up paralyzed. I've never actually seen it happen, but I'd say to you, YES FOR GOD'S SAKE SEE A PROFESSIONAL.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
You shouldn't have had sex with her when she was that drunk in the first place. She's your girlfriend, yeah, and she would probably have consented anyway, but she wasn't able to give proper consent in the state it sounds like she was in. Technically, that was rape.

But yeah, drinking to that extent will often leave someone unable to remember what's going on. I was mugged once while very, very drunk and didn't remember anything about it the next day or even a few minutes later. I only know about it because my less-drunk friend who was with me at the time told me about it later.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Well, a quick search gives a likely culprit of Transient Global Amenesia (articles on the subject with regards to this...trigger...here and here. Good news is that if what I read is to be believed this is unlikely to happen again. On the other hand, erring on the side of caution rarely hurts.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
lithium.jelly said:
You shouldn't have had sex with her when she was that drunk in the first place. She's your girlfriend, yeah, and she would probably have consented anyway, but she wasn't able to give proper consent in the state it sounds like she was in. Technically, that was rape.
If a man cannot have drunken sex with his girlfriend then I'm not sure I want to live on this planet anymore.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
sounds like something related to the alcohol to me.. its not unusual for alcohol to cause amnesia in people probably couldve happened with or without the sex imo.

doggie135

Feb 2, 2011
Isn't having sex with someone under the influence classed as rape automatically?

I know it is in New Zealand, but what about over there?

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
In my defence the party that we had just came from was a high school graduation after party, and because of the ending of my schooling we were both busy and we had not had time for sex in ages.

WE AGREED PRIOR TO BEING DRUNK THAT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE SEX. WE HAD BEEN PLANING ON GETTING DRUNK AND HAVING SEX FOR WEEKS. IT WASN'T RAPE GUYS, NOW CAN YOU STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT THAT PLEASE?

excentric22

Sep 8, 2011
2QUAR3D said:
Isn't having sex with someone under the influence classed as rape automatically?

I know it is in New Zealand, but what about over there?
I think it depends on if theyre both drunk, or if ones drunk and the others sober. At least I hope so. If a guy and his girlfriend get drunk together, have sex, and he gets charged with rape, then I may very will find a new planet to live on.

Zoe Castillo

Mar 4, 2011
Yes! take her to a doc
No! it wasn?t rape
Yes! stuff like this happens and it?s ok
And no! I won?t make joke about fucking someone?s brain out

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Yeah, any loss of memory should be investigated, since it's not something that generally happens all that often. Also, congrats for...
KILGAZOR said:
It means you literally fucked her brain out.

excentric22

Sep 8, 2011
RAKtheUndead said:
excentric22 said:
I think it depends on if theyre both drunk, or if ones drunk and the others sober. At least I hope so. If a guy and his girlfriend get drunk together, have sex, and he gets charged with rape, then I may very will find a new planet to live on.
I suggest Mercury. Do you need a hand packing, or do you have that sorted?

Seriously, though, this is a serious medical issue, and the OP should really go to a doctor about it. Also, it might be a very good idea for the girlfriend to avoid alcohol for the foreseeable future. This sounds like a complete shutdown of the cerebrum to me.
Well I do need a hand with my video games...

On the more serious note, your right she does need to go to a doctor. Ive experienced something very similar to this before myself. very sporadic, but it can still be concerning. My personal experience has been that nothng bads happened, but it can be a really freaky experience if someone sees her while shes like that and doesnt know whats going on.

Sidiron

Feb 11, 2008
I agree with previous posters that you should possibly see a professional about this, but obviously after talking to your girlfriend first, as it is a rather alarming symptom of something occuring. Even if it is just alcohol related.

On a side note, I do love the fact that an obviously worried male, and I do emphasise that word "male", has come to a group of peers to ask about an issue that has alarmed him and the response of some people jumps straight to 'OMG you are a rapist', which in it's essence is a hostile and violent act. This type of thought and also voiced opinion is very disturbing and potentially harmful especially to a young person. Can we please try to use common sense or logic and stop with the judgement?