So that we can all meet up again: Contact information thread

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Silentpony said:
Why would anyone ever trust Arnox to be the Admin of anything?
Oh wow, you're angry. lol

Silentpony said:
His state preference is for an un-modded community
No.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Would be happy to do some Borderlands shenanigans
You've had that (awesome) avatar for a long time. I'd have thought you'd have grown bored of the game and the avatar had merely become customary.

Which one do you like better for MP? 1st or 2nd one?

n0e said:
You can find me at http://www.gamefront.com
I never did give GameFront a fair shake yet. I need to do that one of these days. The restart looked kinda promising.

TopazFusion

Dec 11, 2011
Not that I expect anyone gives much of a shit, but you won't be getting any contact info out of me. Not after a certain "grass-roots movement" a couple of years ago decided that harassment was the best way to express themselves (and in my naivety I used the same username everywhere).
Having hostile and vulgar messages out of the blue, and even having accounts locked out due to too many failed password attempts. I even had people throwing my games of Overwatch because when they saw "TopazFusion" on their team they took that as an invitation to hurl abuse and obscenities at me over the text and voice chat and spend the entire match jumping off the map.

So no. Since then I've painstakingly re-named or simply closed all my accounts elsewhere that share the same name as this one. I'm not about to undo all that.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
TopazFusion said:
Not that I expect anyone gives much of a shit, but you won't be getting any contact info out of me. Not after a certain "grass-roots movement" a couple of years ago decided that harassment was the best way to express themselves (and in my naivety I used the same username everywhere).
Having hostile and vulgar messages out of the blue, and even having accounts locked out due to too many failed password attempts. I even had people throwing my games of Overwatch because when they saw "TopazFusion" on their team they took that as an invitation to hurl abuse and obscenities at me over the text and voice chat and spend the entire match jumping off the map.

So no. Since then I've painstakingly re-named or simply closed all my accounts elsewhere that share the same name as this one. I'm not about to undo all that.
lol, and let's not forget that this was a movement that claimed to be "anti-harassment". But as we all know, there are no bad tactics just bad targets.

Anyways, I too use a different username everywhere. And as far as I know, none of them have been linked together. I'd like it to stay that way.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Arnoxthe1 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Would be happy to do some Borderlands shenanigans
You've had that (awesome) avatar for a long time. I'd have thought you'd have grown bored of the game and the avatar had merely become customary.

Which one do you like better for MP? 1st or 2nd one?
Oh I still love the avatar, and, if I can, I'm using it elsewhere. Love me some Siren bro-fists.

I like the second one better because it's more balanced and the loot drops are better. Not that the first one didn't have good loot drops, it did, but I always played Siren so it would just going to be broken because Lilith was stupid OP. Like, I maxed out the more offensive skill tree and all I had to do was run around and everything was on fire. Good times.

The BL2 is a blast to play, in general, and I even played it with some random guy from Quebec and it was fun. He was Maya as well and it was nuts.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
TopazFusion said:

You know, you could have just not replied to the thread if you were going to go on an off-topic rant because you have an axe to grind. Maybe the reason you got so much harassment is because people don't like how you interact with them. You built a history with people, and now harassment is the result. No, that doesn't excuse their behavior one bit, and I don't support anyone that did what you described above, but it still leaves the very important question in my mind; what did you do? People don't hound and harass a specific individual like that if they didn't make themselves a target.

Just from this thread alone, I can say with certainty that you're a buzzkill, and that's for you to fix, not for others to have to deal with. Ok?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Arnoxthe1 said:
Yeah no, I'm not about to trust one of your website or you as an Admin. Especially since you thought the Wild West was a good idea.

Good luck with whatever train wreck you got going, but we both know its a train wreck and...no, that's about it. Train Wreck.
Maybe call Keanu Reeves, see if he can save you.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
TopazFusion said:

Rather makes you wonder what you'd do to "Get back" at those you perceived to have "caused" this treatment.

Especially being privy to privileged information, such as people's email accounts and so on.

Still, it's good to finally know why you did what you did. Not that I forgive you, but, it makes a bit more sense.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
bluegate said:
Silentpony said:
bluegate said:
Could all just make an account on Arnoxthe1's forum, at least that server is stable without god knows what happening in the background;

http://intosanctuary.com
Why would anyone ever trust Arnox to be the Admin of anything? His state preference is for an un-modded community where he can call people Fags and Cucks whenever he wants. Why would anyone sign up to be his personal verbal punching bag?
Are you always this pessimistic about things? Granted, I don't know Arnoxthe1, but to assume that if one were to sign up there one'd be used as a verbal punching bag sounds a bit ridiculous.
The conversation is over whenever he makes up his mind.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
See? Even the thread to just keep up with people you want to maintain contact with as the site is on its last toe on its last leg devolves into bullshit. I can't possibly imagine why things turned out how they did.

Stay classy.

Speaking of classy, Steam is currently GrandTheftWaifu. Discord is LostGryphon#8926. Not that I think anybody cares in the slightest.

Might give that Arnox site a looksee too.

But hey, have a lovely day, folks.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'm not really active in a lot of forums anymore.

Getting old, in a word, sucks.

SolidState

May 30, 2015
Signa said:
TopazFusion said:

You know, you could have just not replied to the thread if you were going to go on an off-topic rant because you have an axe to grind. Maybe the reason you got so much harassment is because people don't like how you interact with them. You built a history with people, and now harassment is the result. No, that doesn't excuse their behavior one bit, and I don't support anyone that did what you described above, but it still leaves the very important question in my mind; what did you do? People don't hound and harass a specific individual like that if they didn't make themselves a target.
Amen to that. And it's true, hostility tends to beget more hostility, as our mod friends here appear to have learned the hard way.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Sure I'll bite. Most people probably don't remember old Neronium but:

YouTube: Roxas1359 (changing to Neronium soon)
Steam: Neronium
Xbox: Maxieon
PSN: Maxieon
Discord: Neronium
Destructoid: Neronium

I'll be at Destructoid for the most part as I stopped frequenting here a few years back in favor of going over there.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Arnoxthe1 said:
n0e said:
You can find me at http://www.gamefront.com
I never did give GameFront a fair shake yet. I need to do that one of these days. The restart looked kinda promising.
I read that as Stormfront...

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I like the second one better because it's more balanced and the loot drops are better. Not that the first one didn't have good loot drops, it did, but I always played Siren so it would just going to be broken because Lilith was stupid OP. Like, I maxed out the more offensive skill tree and all I had to do was run around and everything was on fire. Good times.

The BL2 is a blast to play, in general, and I even played it with some random guy from Quebec and it was fun. He was Maya as well and it was nuts.
For me, I like BL1 better because I feel the story of BL2 gets in the way kinda fast. It's probably a lot better for solo ventures whereas BL1 solo was just mind-numbing, but for MP, BL1 understood that it didn't need to entertain the players, story-wise. It just gave the missions and got the hell out of the way for the players to make their own fun experiences.
Silentpony said:
Maybe call Keanu Reeves, see if he can save you.
You know, it's kinda funny that you say that, considering my forum software and host have taken multiple DDoS attacks, flooding, and badly written mod code to top it all off throughout its history, and yet my site handled it all and is currently performing very quickly, supporting a huge multitude of features, and is just generally stable.

The Escapist site on the other hand can't even go five minutes without 504ing now. Even before that, it randomly started forgetting quote notification settings every Sunday and started bumping old as hell topics with corrupted timestamps. Just saiyan. Maybe you should check where you stand first before you talk a bunch of shit, m8.

EDIT: *sigh*

This is actually starting to get depressing. I opened my forum so people here would have a place to go without everything crashing all the time. It seems to have gotten others pretty angry though. I even don't blame them that much for being angry. But I need to do what I think is right.

Oct 22, 2011
My Steam nick is: Dukenux. Those of you that watch escapist twitch streams may already know me from that.

Same username on the Giantbomb forums, though i post there very rarely.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
LostGryphon said:
See? Even the thread to just keep up with people you want to maintain contact with as the site is on its last toe on its last leg devolves into bullshit. I can't possibly imagine why things turned out how they did.
It's the toxicity of the Wild West that's spreading out of control!