so the earth is F***ed aparently..

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
Akratus said:
Giftfromme said:
Xiado said:
TopazFusion said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Its just that these kind of news headlines are almost always bogus! I don't think the earth is f-ed and that while he may have some good points, the damage isn't going to be so bad as to F up the planet.
The eye-opening thing for me was that he apparently gave a speech in front of "a huge American Geophyiscal Union conference going on in San Francisco".
They must have thought he was knowledgeable enough, to be invited to speak at something like that...

I dunno, seems weird.
Vault101 said:
it actually makes me angry

some F***er wants to take away my PC and stuff he can do so while I work a shotgun on his abdomen...fucking anarchist wankers have no clue *grumble* I need to calm down
Yeah, I agree.
I REALLY don't like the idea of abandoning our technology and going back to the dark ages.
He didn't say to revert all technology back, he said that the cultural mindset of capitalism is what needs to be removed. It's not necessarily a removal of all of our technological benefits and advances in learning, it's about changing how we use and produce them.
uh I don't think it's quite as easy as saying "oh we need a new model" and then just implementing it. Modern capitalism is born of our evolution and the culmination of institutions that manage to mask most of the tendencies we still have with us from the savannah. While some of the tendencies we had back then have actually disappeared, most have not. And won't do so in a few hundred more years either, it will need a lot longer. The capitalism model just works best toward our selfish side and to our other tendencies too
Capitalism, and also democracy, are the worst systems. Except when compared to all the others.

I mean, discussing this whole thing and complaining that our system is faulty is nice and all. But to fix any problems like these does not mean employing a better system. The problems of our system are rooted in the problems all mankind has. Those must be fixed before we can employ better means to cohabitate.
Compared to what? The democratic countries are the richest countries in the world. Nothing else has worked. What are you in about bro lol. What measurements are you using for success? No system ever has been as successful as Democracy or Capitalism. No other system on the planet provides good freedom combined with the growth. So yeah you're gonna have to provide some examples lol

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
Akratus said:
Giftfromme said:
Akratus said:
Giftfromme said:
Xiado said:
TopazFusion said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Its just that these kind of news headlines are almost always bogus! I don't think the earth is f-ed and that while he may have some good points, the damage isn't going to be so bad as to F up the planet.
The eye-opening thing for me was that he apparently gave a speech in front of "a huge American Geophyiscal Union conference going on in San Francisco".
They must have thought he was knowledgeable enough, to be invited to speak at something like that...

I dunno, seems weird.
Vault101 said:
it actually makes me angry

some F***er wants to take away my PC and stuff he can do so while I work a shotgun on his abdomen...fucking anarchist wankers have no clue *grumble* I need to calm down
Yeah, I agree.
I REALLY don't like the idea of abandoning our technology and going back to the dark ages.
He didn't say to revert all technology back, he said that the cultural mindset of capitalism is what needs to be removed. It's not necessarily a removal of all of our technological benefits and advances in learning, it's about changing how we use and produce them.
uh I don't think it's quite as easy as saying "oh we need a new model" and then just implementing it. Modern capitalism is born of our evolution and the culmination of institutions that manage to mask most of the tendencies we still have with us from the savannah. While some of the tendencies we had back then have actually disappeared, most have not. And won't do so in a few hundred more years either, it will need a lot longer. The capitalism model just works best toward our selfish side and to our other tendencies too
Capitalism, and also democracy, are the worst systems. Except when compared to all the others.

I mean, discussing this whole thing and complaining that our system is faulty is nice and all. But to fix any problems like these does not mean employing a better system. The problems of our system are rooted in the problems all mankind has. Those must be fixed before we can employ better means to cohabitate.
Compared to what? The democratic countries are the richest countries in the world. Nothing else has worked. What are you in about bro lol. What measurements are you using for success? No system ever has been as successful as Democracy or Capitalism. No other system on the planet provides good freedom combined with the growth. So yeah you're gonna have to provide some examples lol
I said: "Except when compared to all the others." I have the same idea as you, man. Democracy and capitalism are both flawed but it's the best we got right now.
Yeah I guess I didn't read your post correctly